Best DIY coffee e-liquid ever!
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Best DIY coffee e-liquid ever!

Default Best DIY coffee e-liquid ever!

I took half a cup of decaf coffee grounds, one vanilla bean and a cup of PG and let it soak in for 2 days top with plastic wrap and ziplock bag in the fridge. Then i strained out the the pg from the coffee and out came the most realistic coffee e- juice that i have ever tasted!!! I added a few drops of loranns caramel to it and wow.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

what did you strain it with? in my experience coffee filters are too thick.

Quote Originally Posted by Hookaddict View Post
    I took half a cup of decaf coffee grounds, one vanilla bean and a cup of PG and let it soak in for 2 days top with plastic wrap and ziplock bag in the fridge. Then i strained out the the pg from the coffee and out came the most realistic coffee e- juice that i have ever tasted!!! I added a few drops of loranns caramel to it and wow.
    Thanks Hookaddict,
    Sounds like a super idea going to try that Thanks !!!
    Think Ill use hazelnut coffee grounds and see what I get LOL.

What did you use to strain the liquid ?

Super Member ECF Veteran

You almost have to use cheesecloth considering the viscosity of the PG...I would.

I started a tincture today using a Senseo Dark Roast single cup coffee "teabag"...1 coffee bag wetted with vodka and then drained in 1oz of VG brought to temp (about 15-ish secs in the microwave). Within an hour, the VG was the color of strong coffee. It WILL have to be strained, though, as you can see the solids suspended in the liquid.

I do have a concern or two about vaping this, though, as what's being extracted is basically an oil. Any thoughts?

Sherry
    Last edited by HippyGirl; 11-10-2009 at 12:36 AM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Sounds like a winner.. Love it.

Cheesecloth is too coarse a weave. You really want something coarser than a coffee filter, but tighter than cheesecloth. PTB would be great, though the size would be a problem. Filtering with a French Press might be good.

Having done similar things many times, I've found that it's way better to filter out the fine stuff first, when the coffee is dry. Then soak. Then filter the grounds/PG mixture. You'll get far less coffee grounds in the final product.

I also wouldn't refrigerate - you're just slowing the infusion process by a significant amount. (Granted, two days isn't that much time to wait. I've done 3-month infusions...)

I used a drip plastic gold mesh coffee filter and put in an extra fabric filter, it works well got all the coffee grounds and vanilla bean out. the pg isnt black like loranns just a medium dark brown. i just put that over a cup and let it drip on its own while went to play call of duty mw2.

im working on a star anise/clove vg mix that smell good its been soaking for 5 days now (yeah i neglected it in the fridge for 5 days) gotta try it out later

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Scottes View Post
    Cheesecloth is too coarse a weave. You really want something coarser than a coffee filter, but tighter than cheesecloth...
    Ah, but the good thing about cheesecloth is that you can simply add additional layers until you find the sweet spot...I've used cheesecloth to strain everything from hot homemade syrup to yogurt (for yogurt cheese).

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

So from this recipe it sounds like a 2:1 Pg:coffee ratio is about the right mix?

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast