Tank Cracking and %'s

Thread: Tank Cracking and %'s

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Tank Cracking and %'s

Alot of the flavors that we use have the potential to crack plastic tanks. It seems to me, though, that this only happens if you cross a certain threshold regarding the % you use. To take it to the extreme, if you put 1 drop of TFA Ripe Banana in 10mls of unflavored nic and then vape it, it won't crack your tank. Yet if you put 15% TFA Ripe Banana in a tank, it will crack. My hope is that some of you have figured out some of these thresholds.

I ask because I was about to mix in 2% Ripe Banana to another vendors Banana to see if the blend produces a banana thats between real and candy, but I'm afraid to crack my tanks lol. Any suggestions on how far you can go with particular tank cracking flavors?

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

If you know that a flavor will crack a tank at a high concentration, you shouldn't use it in a plastic tank at ANY concentration!

It might not destroy the tank, but it WILL react with it, and as a result you will be getting stuff in your vape that you really don't want.

Be smart, get glass or metal.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I think it depends on the tank too. Evod plastic is super thin, T3's are thicker as are Iclear-16s. I got a couple of mini Davides and don't worry about it. I don't want to vape anything in plastic that I know is going to react with it.

It's not like I didn't think like you at first though. My Amber Dragon recipe cracks Evods, so I tried it in a T3 and it was OK for a couple days. Then I just slapped myself upside the head and bought some glass. lol
    Quit- 12/12/12

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Here's a list of vendor juices known to crack tanks:
    Let's make a list of juices/flavors that crack tanks, ce2's/clearos...

I've been under the impression cinnamon is a big culprit.

This might be helpful too:
    Why Do Some E-liquids Crack Plastic Tanks?