Is it possible DIY state-of-the-art high-end juices - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Is it possible DIY state-of-the-art high-end juices

Original poster follow-up: again thanks to everybody in this thread for all their input. I was, after all, able to completely reproduce my favorite e-liquid's i.e. Ben Jonson's cr3am (Oreo cookie), and Mr. Good Vape Melon Head.

I went to one of the prominent online vendors that carries all the top shelf flavorings from the various companies (FA,PA,CAP etc.) and spoke to one of their mix masters. I explained to the guy what I was looking to create and off the top of his head he gave me the formulas for both, and they came out near to exact (originals on hand for comparison).

So in answer to my original question of a couple months ago: The answer is a resounding YES...
    firephly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by juice drippin off my chin View Post
    Original poster follow-up: again thanks to everybody in this thread for all their input. I was, after all, able to completely reproduce my favorite e-liquid's i.e. Ben Jonson's cr3am (Oreo cookie), and Mr. Good Vape Melon Head.

I went to one of the prominent online vendors that carries all the top shelf flavorings from the various companies (FA,PA,CAP etc.) and spoke to one of their mix masters. I explained to the guy what I was looking to create and off the top of his head he gave me the formulas for both, and they came out near to exact (originals on hand for comparison).

So in answer to my original question of a couple months ago: The answer is a resounding YES...
    you mind sharing the cr3am recipe? that also is my favorite e-juice and im trying to start diy

Super Member ECF Veteran Fizzpop's Avatar

I have just started making my own juices. So with that "Beginner's mind" disclaimer out of the way, I am pleased to say I have made several very enjoyable juices already. What I found almost immediately was that you will have the best success by mixing simple flavors first. In fact, it is important to mix up singleton flavors so you know what they taste like. You can't start blending 4 different flavors without first understanding the characteristics of each alone.

The other thing I have discovered is that many times, less is more - 3-5% is often all the flavoring you need. I often wonder if those who report failure with DIY are just using too much flavoring.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Caridwen View Post
    I would love to duplicate KBV cantaloupe. There's another flavor in there, just can't put my finger on it.
    I don't know who KBV is, but if you like cantaloupe, FlavourArt's Cantaloupe Melon flavor is the BEST. I'm not a huge melon fan, but this particular flavoring is one of the most accurate, true-to-life fruit flavors I've found. And it takes only 5% as a single flavor. You really owe it to yourself to try it :-)

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't recall who, but someone was looking for a banana cream?

I like...
    13% banana cream (LA)
    4% bavarian cream (TFA)
    3% French Vanilla (CAP)
    1% EM

The french vanilla and cream can be changed around to your favorites, but I do find that LA makes my favorite banana cream. It tastes and smells candy like, until you get the EM in there and let it steep for a few days. It mellows out quite nicely. Tastes like banana pudding with nilla wafers to me. I also use 10% saline solution in most of my juices,to add a little salt, and to thin it out (i don't use extra pg, makes me sneeze) and that changes the flavor too, but you can leave it out if you wish.

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by juice drippin off my chin View Post
    Original poster follow-up: again thanks to everybody in this thread for all their input. I was, after all, able to completely reproduce my favorite e-liquid's i.e. Ben Jonson's cr3am (Oreo cookie), and Mr. Good Vape Melon Head
    I would also love to have the recipe for your Cr3am mix - that's one of the ones we keep buying, and I'd really like to be able to DIY it. Thanks in advance!!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I just found this for you: recipes galore:
    E-Liquid Recipes | DIY E-Juice | e cig Liquids

I know this won't be of much help but my local vape shop made a almost dead on moon sugar. It was fantastic.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk 2

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

a really good cook will have a pantry full of spices, not just 5 or 10 but dozens... and if you think of juice making as a chef would handle making a dinner... you will have tasted dozens of flavors and understand from that point that flavors compliment each other, intensify each other or just fight against each other and make things just nasty....
    sample the flavors, see how close they resemble the real thing ( does the blueberry flavor actually taste like blueberry??) and how would one flavor in addition to another make it taste better??
    flowerpots likes this.
    Don't Trust ATOMS They Make Up Everything

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456