Is it possible DIY state-of-the-art high-end juices
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Is it possible DIY state-of-the-art high-end juices

Default Is it possible DIY state-of-the-art high-end juices

Hello DIYer's,

I'm wanting to get in on mixing due to the high cost of retail vape juice. I've been vaping for 4 years. Been through the evolution of e-liquid: v1.0 (Chinese) ,v2.0 (made in USA ) v3.0 (designer mixes), and v4.0 or what I call the modern current high end. My current favorites are Mr. Good Vapes, Ben Jonsons, and Perfect Cloudz. To me these flavors are rich, full flavored, and no weird off flavors in them.

I've read numerous posts on the DIY forum. It's almost impossible to tell which mixes are good or which posters have the best recipes. I've read comments like "oh I can't wait to try that or, thanks!" But that's about it. I fully realize that what flavors people like is completely subjective.

My questions are:

Can I DIY e liquid as good as Mr. Good Vapes or Ben Jonson's?

Who's got the best recipes on this forum?

Can I mix and produce flavors as good as for example Ben Jonson's Oreo Cr3m?

I'm looking for the lowdown,

Marx
    Last edited by juice drippin off my chin; 10-24-2013 at 10:59 PM.

Evil Overlord (Retired) Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Somebody somewhere mixed the original flavors....... They all started as DIY.

PV Master ECF Veteran DetraMental's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That's an excellent answer jfountain2! I'm currently creating flavors while cruising the ECF forum.
    jfountain2 and meanckz like this.

Have a sense of humor, keep a sense of humor, don't lose your sense of humor....

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I dont know about those particular venders juices, but my juices are better than anything Ive bought. Ive been at this for a couple months. Ive previously bought from Halo, Freedomsmokeusa, MBV, Virtue Vapes, Dekang and an assortment of Brick and Mortar Stores.

It takes a lot of reading the posts in DIY and collecting the recipies listed on these forums and then mixing them. After a while you will get the hang of it (or not) and you will tweek these recipies to ,your liking. Only YOU can gaurantee your success.
    Keep Calm and Vape On !

Hey guys,

I could really use a good starting point. Who has the best recipes on this forum? Any votes here?

TIA

man idk that all depends on what you personally like.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by juice drippin off my chin View Post
    Hey guys,

I could really use a good starting point. Who has the best recipes on this forum? Any votes here?

TIA
    If you want to make excellent juices that YOU love, copying someone elses recipes isn't the way to start (imo). Like any good cook, one HAS to *know* each ingredient...in the case of DIYing, it's the "flavors". How each smells (compares to how it tastes); how it steeps (both smell and taste will change over time...and some even several times over several weeks). How the individual flavors mix (chocolate chemicals + caramel chemicals does NOT always = 'chocolate caramel'). Some flavors are not 'flavors' at all (TFA's Smooth and FA's Magic Mask & Vape Wizard actually temporarily alter taste receptors)...the list is endless.

Read the stickies. Then spend 'days worth of hours' reading past posts & threads. Anybody with solid knowledge can create fantastic juices (for themselves and others). But copying recipes that someone else raves over (when taste IS subjective), isn't likely to get you there.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Right, it's TOO individual. Something you find fantastic, others won't like, and vice versa.
    So you HAVE to start with something - start with something that SOUNDS good, and is a simple recipe, and then start expanding and experimenting. You can learn from the posts here what works in a general way - but you can't really learn what's going to taste good!

So - CAN you mix a juice you find complex, satisfying, tasty, "as good as" those designer blends?
    YES.
    Will you achieve that in your first few mixes? Probably not (but record all your recipes - just in case!).

Thanks for all the replies guys,

I stated up front in my original post that I know taste is subjective. I totally get that I have to experiment and tweak. I'm looking for some good recipes on this forum as a starting point. I'm guessing that some of the members/posters are the more advanced and they have recipes that are the favorites here in this forum... Who are they? What are some of their best recipes? I'd like to pick something good from those. Then I can experiment, see how flavors blend, and begin tweaking etc.
    Last edited by juice drippin off my chin; 10-25-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by juice drippin off my chin View Post
    Thanks for all the replies guys,

I stated up front in my original post that I know taste is subjective. I totally get that I have to experiment and tweak. I'm looking for some good recipes on this forum as a starting point. I'm guessing that some of the members/posters are the more advanced and they have recipes that are the favorites here in this forum... Who are they? What are some of their best recipes? I'd like to pick something good from those. Then I can experiment, see how flavors blend, and begin tweaking etc.
    nopes..

umm.. Dribbles figure out the flavors you LIKE, LOVE and HATE..

Then, go search for those recipes as a starting point.. common sense, avoid the ones you hate.. It's all trial and error.
    What I like, you might not. The best thing to do, is pay attention, not paying for pre-made juice. You will really quickly find what you like, then. Take that leap! As far as playing with advanced recipes.. learn the basics, first. Proper attire, how to mix, will it need to steep, and what to do if it tastes like crap.

Following someone else's recipes is all cool and what not.. but do you know how they got that cool? By mixing what they like.

Only way to do this, is to take a chance and try something on your own.
    I know, having vapable juice is a bonus.. still.. a lot of advanced recipes, wont be posted.
    That is how the "upscale" juices are just that, well guarded secrets that belong to other mixers..

Good luck!

~Just a mixer with over 1100 recipes and 5 and a half months experience.
    we2rcool likes this.

I drip, play in photoshop..Mix calculator http://www.vitalsparks.com/ez-mix.html

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast