Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Need suggestions on best flavors for specific types please!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Centaura57 View Post
    We as in you are a vendor? If not a vendor, would you be willing to share the recipe? If you are a vendor, completely understand and would like to purchase once you feel you've got it where it needs to be. Keep me in mind!
    "We" as in my hubby n' myself (2 groovy-cool ole hippy-types = we2rcool), but we're not vendors (and not aspiring to be). But of course, in working toward becoming self-sufficient, we love thinking that someday our DIY artistry might actually make some money (somewhere down the line).

If we ever get it "right", we'll be sure to post our version in the thread to which I linked earlier.

Currently it looks like this:

TFA Orange Cream 9%
    TFA Vanilla Swirl 4%
    TFA Sweet Cream 2%
    HS Orange 3%
    Koolada - 1 drop per 5ml

But the Sweet Cream is "wrong" (it should definitely be something like French Vanilla, Bavarian Cream, Vienna Cream or Vanilla Bean Ice Cream...for more vanilla and a more Hagen Daaz-ish type hint). And we're not particularly liking the Koolada (although others might). I think the French Vanilla or Vienna Cream is what we'll try next.

Right now the 'orange' is a bit too predominant (but the taste is great). Switching to a heavier cream might take care of that (because the heavier the cream, the more it seems to "smother" other flavors).

Also, we use no PG. Our base is typically 80% VG; 9% distilled water; 9% sterile saline; 2% pure grain alcohol. The saline solution really makes the flavors pop, so we typically use a wee bit less flavoring than others have to use.
    Centaura57 likes this.

PV Master ECF Veteran michaelsil1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by we2rcool View Post
    "We" as in my hubby n' myself (2 groovy-cool ole hippy-types = we2rcool), but we're not vendors (and not aspiring to be). But of course, in working toward becoming self-sufficient, we love thinking that someday our DIY artistry might actually make some money (somewhere down the line).

If we ever get it "right", we'll be sure to post our version in the thread to which I linked earlier.

Currently it looks like this:

TFA Orange Cream 9%
    TFA Vanilla Swirl 4%
    TFA Sweet Cream 2%
    HS Orange 3%
    Koolada - 1 drop per 5ml

But the Sweet Cream is "wrong" (it should definitely be something like French Vanilla, Bavarian Cream, Vienna Cream or Vanilla Bean Ice Cream...for more vanilla and a more Hagen Daaz-ish type hint). And we're not particularly liking the Koolada (although others might). I think the French Vanilla or Vienna Cream is what we'll try next.

Right now the 'orange' is a bit too predominant (but the taste is great). Switching to a heavier cream might take care of that (because the heavier the cream, the more it seems to "smother" other flavors).

Also, we use no PG. Our base is typically 80% VG; 9% distilled water; 9% sterile saline; 2% pure grain alcohol. The saline solution really makes the flavors pop, so we typically use a wee bit less flavoring than others have to use.
    Have you tried raising the Vanilla Swirl to 6% and not use the Sweet Cream?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by michaelsil1 View Post
    Have you tried raising the Vanilla Swirl to 6% and not use the Sweet Cream?
    Good idea (gmta!) - but yeah :::sigh::: we pushed the Vanilla Swirl as high as 9%. There's just something missing, and it seems like there's a hint of something Hagen-Daaz-ish in a real Creamsicle that we're just not getting with the VS.

It was good with the higher percentage of VS (and it might have been great to others), but I'm crazy-obsessive when it comes to duplicating a flavor!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12