Looking to start DIY, help?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Looking to start DIY, help?

Full Member*

Default Looking to start DIY, help?

I have been using my Vision Spinner 1300 and Kanger T3s for a couple of months now, and I am getting bored.

I just placed my order for my first mod, a K100, and I was wanting to start DIY'ing. But I am looking for help deciding on what to order.

Could anyone help with a good list of quality nic, pg/vg and a couple really good basic flavors for solo use as well as mixing? Also, where to order?

I have been reading, but got lost considering the differences in quality and flavor.

I was considering going through eCigExpress, but still do not know what flavors are good to start with...
    Harlen likes this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    not the end of the earth but you can see it from here

Check out Wizzard labs site they have about everything you will need,for flavors if you like fruit try Juicy peach ,Pear ,any of the Strawberry thats just a few there are hundreds of them out there and above all Don't Gamble with safety wear propper PPE when working with nicI also buy stuff from Kim at one stop DIY shop good luck and have fun
    Harlen likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Wizardslabs is a good place for your Nic and even flavorings...but, they are out of stock so often on a good bit of their stuff, I have quit even going to their site to look to see if they are even in stock. I've been using Best Electronic Cigarettes and E-Liquid - MyFreedomSmokes.com for my last couple orders and they are great! They always ship out within one day, they always ship my stuff Second day Priority Mail..and I like that they ship my Nic in Amber glass bottles. They are only a couple dollars more than WL..and it's worth every penny, not having to wait on WL to get back in stock.

As far as flavorings..what do you normally like to Vape..tobaccos, fruits, sweets? That will help us to know what to recommend.
    Harlen likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The E Cig eGo, E juice, Mods, Cartomizers, Liquid Nicotine, DIY Flavorings is also a great source for DIY supplies... As stated, don't skimp on safety when working with the nic... But other than some gloves and goggles all you'll need to get started are a few syringes and flavorings to get started... Check out the recipes, but I'd suggest starting with single flavors so you get used to mixing and can get familiar with the flavor profiles... TFA ( at The Perfumers Apprentice) Perfumers Apprentice - The Flavor Apprentice - World of Flavors is the best for flavorings, IMO, along with the Vaping Zone concentrates...
    lilmrsyeti likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

You must ask your self what do I like ,the hardest thing for me was to get to know it didn't need to be a tobacco lol
    I love peach ,orange cream ,berry anything ,white grape ,there's just so manny lol
    To start I would stick with the organic flavors and 100% Vg thinned out with Distilled water at 5% you can adjust as you like .
    If you have any Q just ask

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Freeman View Post
    Also, where to order?

I have been reading, but got lost considering the differences in quality and flavor.

I was considering going through eCigExpress, but still do not know what flavors are good to start with...
    For the new DYIer the only way to go is with a good flavor manufactor.

Start at ECexpress and start with the hangsen flavors. There the prefered flavor of seasoned mixers including myself. They are very good and very easy to work with.

As far as what flavors to get only your taste buds can answer that so get the flavors that sound good to you. I recommend a 50PG/50VG mix at your prefered NIC level for hangsen flavors.

Hangsen e-Liquid Flavoring | ecigExpress
    Last edited by dannyv45; 10-31-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    OH MY, I just unscrewed the wrong end of my clearo and it spilled all over me.
    Read my blogs http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dannyv45/

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I just got my hangsen order and I'm really happy with them, but also check out vapingzone their super concentrated flavors are really really easy to mix and require no steeping even with tobaccos (they do get better with it but are really great right after mixing) I also got my hangsens from them and seem to be great (some guys report that their hangsens are past their due date and a bit tasteless but not for me yet) I also got my pg, vg and nic from them

this is Mexican pesos not dollars! | last cigarette february 28 2013

Get plenty of bottles. Here are my favorite sources:

wholesalevials.com

Amazon.com: Cobalt Blue Dropper Bottles 1/2 Oz - 12 Per Package: Beauty

Also check out:

E-Liquid Recipes

Happy DIY'ing!
    cookiebun and JulesXsmokr like this.
    Legacy Kicked, Tatroe tank and base, Terminator-C, AGA-T, Protank, DIY juice

Ultra Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

It's hard to recommend flavors. How dead are your taste buds? How impatient are you?
    Simple fruits are probably the easiest to make and don't require a long time to steep. If you want to combine several flavors that requires practice and patience.
    Where to buy:
    Ecig express, Vaping Zone, High Desert Vapes are all good choices. Be sure to look for coupon codes. High Desert Vapes may still be running their 20% discount until midnight tonight. I just got several flavors from them today that I ordered Monday.

Edit:
    Coupon Code For High Desert Vapes " 2YEAR" Expires at midnight. 20% off.
    Last edited by cookiebun; 10-31-2013 at 09:02 PM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Moogle View Post
    Get plenty of bottles. Here are my favorite sources:

wholesalevials.com

Thanks for that. Just ordered 72 6ml clear glass vials for $30.00 with free shipping..... Nice.

Got the more expensive teflon lined cap bottles. Should hold up good and be pretty leak proof when completely submerged in my UC.

The foam lined caped bottles are cheaper at 24.95 per 72pcs. but the foam will wear out quickly and leak.
    Last edited by dannyv45; 10-31-2013 at 08:59 PM.
    Moogle likes this.
    OH MY, I just unscrewed the wrong end of my clearo and it spilled all over me.
    Read my blogs http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dannyv45/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast