Thread: Which flavors to start with?!?

Full Member Verified Member

Default Which flavors to start with?!?

Just wondering what people would recommend as a good base set of flavors to start with? I'm not looking to get crazy with my mixes, yet. I'm trying to find things that will work good now and when I get adventurous I can also use these flavors in combination with others to make great flavors. I'm pretty much open to trying anything.

Here what I bought so far:
    50/50 48% nic
    50/50 base
    menthol crystals
    koolada
    sweetener
    ethyl maltol
    malic acid

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Wow.. no real flavors there. Thats a very subjective question. I hate tobacco's and the next person will say thats all they like. I like fruits and desert vapes, bubble gums myself.

I would download the e juice me up calculator and recipies ( theres arounf 200 or so) ....or a similar calculator.......and decide on 4 or 5 recipies and order all those flavors myself. Thats what I did. Im up to about 120 flavors now (overacheiver) and do like having the means on hand when someonbe either gives me a new recipie, or I am trying to concoct my own.

Did you get any separate PG ? VG ? got your bottles and syringes ? A label maker

Some good fruits are Juicy Peach, Ripe Strawberry, Watermelon, Bluberry extra, Coconut Extra....... You know what, Im gonna stop because my list would be too big. Its really just up to what you think you may like.

Good luck !!
    Last edited by Thunderball; 11-28-2013 at 03:26 PM.
    Keep Calm and Vape On !

Full Member Verified Member

Duh! That's a great idea....I never thought of finding recipes and then ordering the flavors based of that. I realize it is a subjective topic, I was just hoping to try and find flavors that seem to be common amongst a lot of recipes. But I guess that would also be dependant on the flavor road you choose to travel (fruity, tobacco, bakery, etc)

Yep, I already have that calculator downloaded and several others too. But the ejuice me up seems to be the best.

I didn't buy separate PG/VG, just went with a bottle of the 50/50 mix. I like the juices I bought at that ratio so I figured it would be the easiest way to start things. And yes I do have syringes, pipettes (1ml, 3ml), graduated cylinders, 5ml, 10ml, 30ml and 50ml bottles. No label maker, just a Sharpie right now.

Thanks for the info!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

start off with hangsen flavors there very good and easy to get right the first time. 3 - 7% for tobaccos. 5 - 10% for non tobaccos. Start in the lower middle range and work up.

Hangsen e-Liquid Flavoring | ecigExpress

Look for there black friday sales.

here's a few other places to get it.

Vapingzone
    Black Friday
    15% Off Site Wide
    Promo Code: VZTHANKSU
    Minimum Order Required $25.00
    Offer Expires: Saturday, 11/30/2013 at
    10:00 pm EST

RTS
    Thanksgiving Sale
    Sale starts immediately and ends 11:59 PM November 30th.
    SAVE 15% OFF;
    All Flavors
    Liquid Nicotine PG & VG
    Laboratory Glassware
    Cobalt Blue Bottles
    All Plastic Dropper Bottles Sizes and Quantities
    Excludes: Wholesale and Gallons
    USE COUPON CODE: THANKSRTS15

Also heres some reading for you.

Read my blogs before getting started

E-Cigarette Forum - dannyv45 - Blogs

then read hoosier's blogs.

E-Cigarette Forum - Hoosier - Blogs

then read the stickies at the top of the page.

this will explain a lot of the how's and why's.
    OH MY, I just unscrewed the wrong end of my clearo and it spilled all over me.
    Read my blogs http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/blogs/dannyv45/

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Well, 48mg/ml (I think that's what you meant instead of 48%) is too strong for vaping (for the vast majority anyway), so you'll still need vg and/or PG to mix with it.

I think fruit flavors are the easiest to start with, generally hard to mess up entirely, and you can always add menthol to cover up your "mistakes".

TFA Double RY4 is a must have. I'm not mush into tobacco types, DRY4 is the one exception. There's a whole thread on recipe variations for DRY4 somewhere around here.