Sickening Tobacco Flavor - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Sickening Tobacco Flavor

Is it more like a peppery almost rubbery smell/taste? If so that's what I got from most of the halo I've tried. Tribeca is about all I could vape from them, yet many ppl love halo.

Vaping heaven-itaste vtr

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I'm not familiar with the VZ flavorings you are using but I have a similar problem with DK Type. I have to use it in very, very small amounts.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I know exactly what you are talking about.. For me it was consistent in every Halo flavor I tried, I threw them all out because of it. It's a chemically nastiness.. I swear it tastes yellow.. and not a good yellow.

Unfortunately I'm living mainly in the fruit/citrus world right now, but I've got some tobaccos on order (I recently had a tobacco flavor from a small vendor blow my mind, so I'm giving them a go) and I'll let you know if I notice that same scent/flavor/whatever in any of them.

FWIW, the only tobacco I've gotten in thus far has been FA Royal, and it does not have Halo-itis.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I am very particular about flavorings and many did not agree with me. I cannot abide by overally floral or perfumey tobaccos so I tend to lean towards cigarish or pipe-ish flavors. I had minimal success with FA while many love their tobaccos. For a person starting out in DIY I would recommend Vaping Zone's SC's particularly Black Cigar, Island Tobacco and Old Captain and Dunhill. I too cannot abide by anything that is listed as a M brand knockoff. The Tobacco in the Gourmet line at VZ is great as is Yuco and Klondike and both are mild smelling and tasting. Tabakum and Snuff box have more distinct smells to them but are also good. Hangsen tobaccos are also good though it may take some trial and error to find out the best ones for you. The worst perpetrators for me tend to be Virginia types and the M types. Hope you find some you like.

i really like vaping zone black cigar and french pipe and the island tobacco is good too.

BrandonSi I think you've got it! Its a yellow taste. I just can't stand the taste of yellow. Its not an overpowering yellow but somewhat mild. Like Mellow Yellow maybe.

Shilo and You That Has Bigfoot

I'll try your VZ suggestions. I was waiting for some VZ flavor experience to chime in. Thanks everyone. Eventually I'll know what to stay away from.

Quote Originally Posted by I HAVE BIGFOOT View Post
    i really like vaping zone black cigar and french pipe and the island tobacco is good too.
    My order showed up today. Of the 8 flavors I received, I tried Black Cigar and French Pipe so far. You and I have similar tastes my friend.
    I HAVE BIGFOOT likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Shilo View Post
    I am very particular about flavorings and many did not agree with me. I cannot abide by overally floral or perfumey tobaccos so I tend to lean towards cigarish or pipe-ish flavors. I had minimal success with FA while many love their tobaccos. For a person starting out in DIY I would recommend Vaping Zone's SC's particularly Black Cigar, Island Tobacco and Old Captain and Dunhill. I too cannot abide by anything that is listed as a M brand knockoff. The Tobacco in the Gourmet line at VZ is great as is Yuco and Klondike and both are mild smelling and tasting. Tabakum and Snuff box have more distinct smells to them but are also good. Hangsen tobaccos are also good though it may take some trial and error to find out the best ones for you. The worst perpetrators for me tend to be Virginia types and the M types. Hope you find some you like.
    Shilo
    I ordered from your recommendations. They were out of Yuco but the rest are here. I've opened each and none of them have that funky scent. I've sampled Black Cigar & French Pipe and both are good. Thanks a bunch. You saved me from wasting money on bad tobacco flavorings.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12