Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: DIY Question

RocketPuppy posted the link to what I was thinking about purchasing

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lwilson596287 View Post
    so really all I need is either the 6mg liter or the 12mg liter of nicotine liquid and some flavors?
    What nicotine concentration do you want to end up with?

well this is for my dad and he just use 6mg premixed stuff so I am looking for that or something close a mg higher or lower is fine but not much more than that

ProVarinati Supporting Member Gato del Jugo's Avatar

If you buy 6mg unflavored, and add some flavorings for a total of 5-10%, you're only diluting the nic level by that much..

Is your father really going to notice that he's now vaping 5.4-5.7mg? Probably not.. And you don't even have to tell him...

Veteran Puppy Supporting Member RocketPuppy's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lwilson596287 View Post
    well this is for my dad and he just use 6mg premixed stuff so I am looking for that or something close a mg higher or lower is fine but not much more than that
    If you buy 12mg nic, which is more cost effective than the 6, here's a rough calculation (depending on how much flavor you want). A few places sell unflavored nic in 50/50.

All opinions expressed represent those of RocketPuppy.

Super Member Verified Member MotherNatural's Avatar
    a cabin in the woods Southern Appalachians

When I first started DIY I did as you are. I purchased a small bottle of 18mg nic (which is what I was vaping at the time) and simply added flavoring. Once I got a few practice runs in with handling, calculating, and measuring I ordered a higher nic concentration and felt comfortable using it. Using the calculator makes it easy. You simply fill in the blanks and it tells you how much of each ingredient to mix. The higher concentration is just more practical for storage and finances and it's easier to adjust the final nic level.

Quote Originally Posted by Gato del Jugo View Post
    If you buy 6mg unflavored, and add some flavorings for a total of 5-10%, you're only diluting the nic level by that much..

Is your father really going to notice that he's now vaping 5.4-5.7mg? Probably not.. And you don't even have to tell him...
    That is really all I wanted to know is if I bought 6mg 50/50 would I have to buy anything else other thel flavoring and also I am only going to be mixing 10ml bottles in the beginning until I get down a formula that he likes.
    DeloresRose likes this.

The short answer is yes. It really is that simple. That's all that has to be in juice. Your next question might be, what flavors are good stand alone? Some are just better mixed with others, some are not so hot without additives. What flavors does your father prefer? We should be able to help you replicate them without a bunch of fuss.

Senior Member Verified Member Bryong70's Avatar

I would not worry about it too much. If you want 6mg/ml nicotine as a vape, just add flavor. Adding flavor that is pg based is not going to make that much of a difference to the dilution of the 6mg/ml base, unless it is a lot of flavoring being added. Basically every percentage you add of flavor will dilute it by that much.

In other words if you add say 5% of flavors, your 6mg base will reduce by 5%, becoming 5.7mg/ml.

well thanks everybody for your help, I don't really know what flavor he is going to settle on right now he buys his liquid from a place called eliquid market and the one he is partial to tastes like marlboro red and the other one is camel. I was looking at some 3ml sample flavors on Pure Vapes made by flavourart and I think he is just going to buy a few of them and see what he likes.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast