Inewara Grape Help Please
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Inewara Grape Help Please

  1. #1
    Full Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    93

    Default Inewara Grape Help Please

    I just got some Inawera Grapes flavoring and didn't find too much for suggested amounts. All I could find was 5-8%. So I made up a bottle, 50pg/50vg, 5% flavoring, 3ml nic and it has a really funky taste, maybe chemical but not really, maybe kind of soapy but not really, definitely a funky flavor. I can't tell if I over flavored or under flavored. I'm VERY new to DIY and I can't really tell what I've done to it. I'm afraid if I add more flavor I'll add more funky taste, but it's a very mild flavor and if I dilute flavoring I'm not sure the light flavor will still come through. I'm lost and I'm not sure what direction to head in. Can anyone help me?
    Art Mustel likes this.

  2. #2
    PV Master ECF Veteran michaelsil1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,615

    Default

    Try it at 3%

  3. #3
    Super Member Verified Member RonJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    SW Chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Sometimes adding too much flavor amount to the mix actually provides less flavor. I made it a week ago @4.5% (50/50 18mg VT nic.)

    I like my flavors strong. Next time I will use 4.0%.

    YMMV

    Ron

  4. #4
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Art Mustel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rbmayfield View Post
    I just got some Inawera Grapes flavoring and didn't find too much for suggested amounts. All I could find was 5-8%. So I made up a bottle, 50pg/50vg, 5% flavoring, 3ml nic and it has a really funky taste, maybe chemical but not really, maybe kind of soapy but not really, definitely a funky flavor. I can't tell if I over flavored or under flavored. I'm VERY new to DIY and I can't really tell what I've done to it. I'm afraid if I add more flavor I'll add more funky taste, but it's a very mild flavor and if I dilute flavoring I'm not sure the light flavor will still come through. I'm lost and I'm not sure what direction to head in. Can anyone help me?
    I am sorry, RBM, but IMHO Inawera grape is not a good one. I understand that grape is a tall order to get the flavor right, but this one is their worst. Better luck next time!

  5. #5
    Full Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    93

    Default

    I like a lot of flavor too. I am so new to this that I didn't want to go the wrong direction and have to dump it all and start over. I can dilute what I have here. Do you folks usually need to steep single flavor fruits? Inawera anyway?

  6. #6
    Full Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    93

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Mustel View Post
    I am sorry, RBM, but IMHO Inawera grape is not a good one. I understand that grape is a tall order to get the flavor right, but this one is their worst. Better luck next time!
    Which would be a better option for a realistic grape?

  7. #7
    PV Master ECF Veteran michaelsil1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    4,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rbmayfield View Post
    Which would be a better option for a realistic grape?

    JohnnyDill, Art Mustel and Cliven like this.

  8. #8
    Full Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Iowa, USA
    Posts
    93

    Default

    That IS quite tasty in deed
    michaelsil1 likes this.

  9. #9
    Super Member Verified Member RonJS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    SW Chicagoland, IL
    Posts
    353

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by rbmayfield View Post
    Do you folks usually need to steep single flavor fruits? Inawera anyway?
    I've only tried 18 or so Inawera fruit flavors. I can't remember any I did not enjoy as a shake & vape. Some I enjoyed more than others. Grape is, or very near, the bottom of my fruit flavor list.

    With all the realistic fruit flavors Inawera makes, I was surprised the grape tasted more like grape Fanta soda...



    Ron

    ----
    "Buy the ticket, take the ride."-- Hunter S. Thompson

  10. #10
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Art Mustel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by michaelsil1 View Post

    Yeah Right!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast