Thread: Best Way To Store E-Liquid?

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Sir_Lawrence's Avatar

Default Best Way To Store E-Liquid?

I have a lot of flavored juice, and a lot of high nicotine unflavored e-liquid coming to me soon. What is the best way to store it until I use it? In a dark cabinet? In the fridge? And also, how long can it be stored... expiration time?
    Thanks

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I guess the consensis around here is that it should be stored in the fridge, and the juice is good for 2 years when stored that way.

Super Member ECF Veteran mwahle1's Avatar

I have heard of a member whose flavored juices went bad in the refrigerator. I store my flavored juices in a cool, dry room in the dark and my unflavored juice I store in the refrigerator (in dark container).

Full Member ECF Veteran

Yeah, i've read that storing fluids in the fridge can make them become thick/gunk up. Just store them in a cool, dry place with no sunlight.

Drip Tip Hoarder Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

What is the Best Way to Store E-Liquids?

Above is one of many links on the subject. If you put in the search box storing e-liquid, you will find many threads to discussions you can read and make the judgement call.

PV Master ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You might find this thread of interest for the high-nic unflavored.

Smoke Juice Storage Tips

Just processed for storage 0.5 L of 100 mg juice from myfreedomsmokes. Fantastic juice! I give a blow by blow on exactly what I did here:

50% off Unflavored Smoke Juice New Years Celabration Sale !!!

Best to store in dark glass with little head room. For the flavored juices, yes Sun had several unopened juices go bad in his fridge after about 6 months. I make my flavored juices fresh in small amounts, DIY, since over time many things can happen to flavor compounds chemically. Also, over time, any nic juice can leach plastisizers from plastic dropper bottles, giving a plastic taste to the juice. Had a couple 24 mg unflavored juices in plastic start to take on that vinyl taste after a couple months at room temp.