Perfumers Apprentice Flavors - Page 89
Page 89 of 108 FirstFirst ... 397985868788899091929399 ... LastLast
Results 881 to 890 of 1078
Like Tree232Likes

Thread: Perfumers Apprentice Flavors

  1. #881
    PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Str8V8ping's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,938
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Tpa Cinnamon danish is one of the very few tpa flavors i like. Capellas is sweeter and like a moist danish while TPA's is like a graham cracker with a hint of cinnamon. Both are good but very different.

    As for tpa ry4 i would mix it at 100% water to the whole bottle of flavoring . Make sure to also mix it in the sink without the bottle lol .
    Last edited by Str8V8ping; 02-28-2012 at 12:34 AM.
    Cyrus Vap likes this.

    DailyVapes
    1.DIY SDCookies2DIY Carapplecinna3DIY toffee4DIY GBCMods:1Provari2.VariMini3.BP4.Str8's modsPIF

  2. #882
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Anywhere
    Posts
    60

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Str8V8ping View Post
    Tpa Cinnamon danish is one of the very few tpa flavors i like. Capellas is sweeter and like a moist danish while TPA's is like a graham cracker with a hint of cinnamon. Both are good but very different.
    Would you say capella's cinnamon danish is more similar to those 'store bought' individual rolls that you would buy at a store like cinnabon or saint cinnamon? That's what I'm going for. Maybe adding sweetener to TPA danish would achieve this, or should I go for the capella's?

  3. #883
    PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Str8V8ping's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,938
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kardus View Post
    Would you say capella's cinnamon danish is more similar to those 'store bought' individual rolls that you would buy at a store like cinnabon or saint cinnamon? That's what I'm going for. Maybe adding sweetener to TPA danish would achieve this, or should I go for the capella's?
    Yes capellas is more like the real thing.Capellas in like a soft moist danish with bright cinnamon taste coated in butter. TPA's although not real tasting is very good though. I think of it more as like a graham cracker in milk and the cinnamon coming from granules made into the graham cracker .I like both but i label the juice i make with tpa's cGc(cinnamon Graham cracker)

    DailyVapes
    1.DIY SDCookies2DIY Carapplecinna3DIY toffee4DIY GBCMods:1Provari2.VariMini3.BP4.Str8's modsPIF

  4. #884
    Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chilliwack, BC, CA
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GoodDog View Post
    I've been doing DIY for nearly 2 years and 90% of what I use is Capella. I find their flavorings to be the best quality, they don't use perfume ingredients and they are easy to work with. For me TFA was difficult to find flavors that tasted like their names and I ended up tossing a lot of them. Capella has been much cheaper for me in the long run since I don't toss anything. I always recommend them to new DIYers because it's easy to get good results right off the bat. TFA is good if you want to learn DIY like cooking from scratch.

    EDIT: I just realized I posted this in the TFA thread. Should I remove it?


    Capella's is great if you don't mind caramel coloring (carcinogen), complete lack of disclosure regarding acetoin/acetyl propionyl/ or direct diacetyl usage, and zero communication with me regarding additives. TFA does not use colors, has full disclosure of additives, and good communication with customers. Your choice I guess. My choice is fairly obvious.

  5. #885
    PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Str8V8ping's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    3,938
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    People shouldnt post stuff they dont know nothing about. SOunds like someone being paid off lol Capella posted a report on diacytal .Wheres TPA's report? She did give her word so that is proof i guess.

    THeres no need to be mad that Capellas is getting more and more popular.If you feel so strongly about it then you just shouldnt vape them or vape ejuice vendors juice as most of them are using capellas in lots of their juice.
    Last edited by Str8V8ping; 03-03-2012 at 06:37 AM.

    DailyVapes
    1.DIY SDCookies2DIY Carapplecinna3DIY toffee4DIY GBCMods:1Provari2.VariMini3.BP4.Str8's modsPIF

  6. #886
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Tracker II's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    1,060

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinbc View Post
    Capella's is great if you don't mind caramel coloring (carcinogen), complete lack of disclosure regarding acetoin/acetyl propionyl/ or direct diacetyl usage, and zero communication with me regarding additives. TFA does not use colors, has full disclosure of additives, and good communication with customers. Your choice I guess. My choice is fairly obvious.
    Yah, I wonder about that myself sometimes. If the old adage is true that "if something tastes good - then it can't be good for you" is true, then we're all in a heap of trouble with not only Capella's but also some of the flavorings from other suppliers, lol. I personally shy away from any vendors strong butter and/or custard flavors as well as dark colored flavors as much as possible. That doesn't mean that I won't vape them - it's just that they are not my all day vape. And that's why I go with TPA's vVanilla Swirl which tastes like that cheap discount store vanilla ice cream because it lacks the custard note. But that's just me. Everyone has to make their own decisions in this endeavor that sometimes lacks full disclosure from vendors and certainly lacks long-term studies on its users.

    Anyhow, whatever you choose - vape on as this surely has to be better than smoking.

  7. #887
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    SC
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tracker II View Post
    Yah, I wonder about that myself sometimes. If the old adage is true that "if something tastes good - then it can't be good for you" is true, then we're all in a heap of trouble with not only Capella's but also some of the flavorings from other suppliers, lol. I personally shy away from any vendors strong butter and/or custard flavors as well as dark colored flavors as much as possible. That doesn't mean that I won't vape them - it's just that they are not my all day vape. And that's why I go with TPA's vVanilla Swirl which tastes like that cheap discount store vanilla ice cream because it lacks the custard note. But that's just me. Everyone has to make their own decisions in this endeavor that sometimes lacks full disclosure from vendors and certainly lacks long-term studies on its users.

    Anyhow, whatever you choose - vape on as this surely has to be better than smoking.
    I would agree here. I have been pretty much using TPA flavors exclusively. I don't like the idea of inhaling the other chemicals used in the custard flavors. I quit smoking to get the health effects and save $$$. While vaping has got to be better than smoking I still try to make it as "safe" as I can by avoiding colorings and other added chemicals as much as reasonably possible.

  8. #888
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Shilo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Here & There
    Posts
    3,669

    Default

    I like the fact that TFA are much more willing to answer questions when asked something and they let you leave reviews of flavors on the website. I've asked several things and got answers properly. I also like the fact that they take the feedback and try to improve things if necessary without getting bent out of shape. Linda is a really nice person to talk to. I recently got an new bottle of their double chocolate and it tastes and smells the same to me as another famous brand in the same flavor. Actually also very close to a 3rd DC I have too. Good Prophets has a pretty good deal on 30 ml sizes once you determine your favorites.
    debb, AzPlumber, Cyrus Vap and 1 others like this.

  9. #889
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Cyrus Vap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bay Area, California
    Posts
    4,261

    Default

    Linda is the absolute best
    DrmChld likes this.

  10. #890
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    icebob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    st-louis
    Posts
    380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mikeinbc View Post
    Capella's is great if you don't mind caramel coloring (carcinogen), complete lack of disclosure regarding acetoin/acetyl propionyl/ or direct diacetyl usage, and zero communication with me regarding additives. TFA does not use colors, has full disclosure of additives, and good communication with customers. Your choice I guess. My choice is fairly obvious.
    can't wait to see you in the chinese flavor thread......


    But spent a kilobucks before finding the Provari!

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks