How do I make .1 mg nicotine e-juice?

Thread: How do I make .1 mg nicotine e-juice?

Default How do I make .1 mg nicotine e-juice?

Hello, I have read and even downloaded that XLS calculation macro and cannot figure out how I would create an e-juice that would be most comparable to what I smoke in analog form.

I smoke carlton cigarettes that claim to be .1 mg of nicotine per cigarette, I smoke between 3/4 a pack and a pack a day.

So even worse case scenario I am only consuming 2 mg a day of nictotine, and if you take into account the fact that I might get a bit more, lets say 4mg per day.

How could I mix an e-juice up so that I can get approximately the same level of nicotine that I get in a analog smoke currently?

I am assuming it would be easiest to buy 15ml e-juice flavored how I want it with NO nicotine and then buy the flavorless ones with nicotine in it, then put the smallest amount into that. What amount I have NO idea.

ECF Guru

Post Good News for You RMAN

Quote Originally Posted by rman View Post
    Hello, I have read and even downloaded that XLS calculation macro and cannot figure out how I would create an e-juice that would be most comparable to what I smoke in analog form.

I smoke carlton cigarettes that claim to be .1 mg of nicotine per cigarette, I smoke between 3/4 a pack and a pack a day.

So even worse case scenario I am only consuming 2 mg a day of nictotine, and if you take into account the fact that I might get a bit more, lets say 4mg per day.

How could I mix an e-juice up so that I can get approximately the same level of nicotine that I get in a analog smoke currently?

I am assuming it would be easiest to buy 15ml e-juice flavored how I want it with NO nicotine and then buy the flavorless ones with nicotine in it, then put the smallest amount into that. What amount I have NO idea.
    I too got the scam from Carlton for many years---but there is good news--You are not addicted to nicotine. According to the FDA, one has to consume a minimum of 5mg a day of nicotine to become addicted--Unless you smoked more them 2 and a half packs--you did not even meet the minimum thereshold for addiction. So Like me--Use ZERO nicotine e-liquid--any effects you feel are either from something else that they put in cigarettes that is addictive and do not count out the phycological aspect by any means---Sun

Quote Originally Posted by Sun Vaporer View Post
    I too got the scam from Carlton for many years---but there is good news--You are not addicted to nicotine. According to the FDA, one has to consume a minimum of 5mg a day of nicotine to become addicted--Unless you smoked more them 2 and a half packs--you did not even meet the minimum thereshold for addiction. So Like me--Use ZERO nicotine e-liquid--any effects you feel are either from something else that they put in cigarettes that is addictive and do not count out the phycological aspect by any means---Sun

While I don't want to say I don't believe you, I am hesitant to think that there was that little nicotine that my body is NOT addicted is some way to the little it is getting. I mean Nicotine is really potent.

I will obviously still try 0 mg all by itself, but if I did want to figure a way to ingest such a little amount of Nicotine per vaping session, how would I do it?

Thanks for the reply, I will def try 0 but want a backup.

I have had that problem with any nicotine replacement therepys.

Like the inhaler my doctor prescribed, it was 4mg lowest per small container, I popped one into the breathing tube thing and felt sick to my stomach after 7 puffs from it.

I could take one puff and have the perceived nicotine crave gone till next time, but was missing all the hand to mouth exercises I have gotten used to. So it lasted 1 day.

I still think my body does respond to the .1 nicotine, cause I do remember being on the patch. (I cut the lowest patch I could find into 3 pieces for 3 days of use if I remember correctly) that when the patch was working, when I would smoke the carlton I would only take like 5 puffs and want to put it out because I was getting nothing from the nicotine since it was already running through me.

ECF Guru

Post See Link Minimum Level of Addiction for Nicotine

I am hesitant to think that there was that little nicotine that my body is NOT addicted is some way to the little it is getting. I mean Nicotine is really potent.

I will obviously still try 0 mg all by itself, but if I did want to figure a way to ingest such a little amount of Nicotine per vaping session, how would I do it?

Thanks for the reply, I will def try 0 but want a backup.

I have had that problem with any nicotine replacement therepys.

Like the inhaler my doctor prescribed, it was 4mg lowest per small container, I popped one into the breathing tube thing and felt sick to my stomach after 7 puffs from it.

I could take one puff and have the perceived nicotine crave gone till next time, but was missing all the hand to mouth exercises I have gotten used to. So it lasted 1 day.

I still think my body does respond to the .1 nicotine, cause I do remember being on the patch. (I cut the lowest patch I could find into 3 pieces for 3 days of use if I remember correctly) that when the patch was working, when I would smoke the carlton I would only take like 5 puffs and want to put it out because I was getting nothing from the nicotine since it was already running through me.

RMAN--link to addiction threashold to nicotine---If you try any of those patches or gums--you are going to dose yourself right out of the park with nicotine. Ever wonder why nobody wanted to smoke one of your Carlton's? They got no nicotine from them--the .1 number is well documented---Sun

See See: http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.h ... wanted=all (“...5 milligrams of nicotine. They said this was a level at which few, if any, people would become addicted. A Standing Committee”)
    Last edited by Sun Vaporer; 03-16-2009 at 09:40 PM.

Moved On

Jaaxx's Hack-O-Matic is a great way to calculate the strength of mixes - Hack-O-Matic E-Liquid Calculator

RMAN--link to addiction threashold to nicotine---If you try any of those patches or gums--you are going to dose yourself right out of the park with nicotine. Ever wonder why nobody wanted to smoke one of your Carlton's? They got no nicotine from them--the .1 number is well documented---Sun

See See: (“...5 milligrams of nicotine. They said this was a level at which few, if any, people would become addicted. A Standing Committee”)
    You are right about no one wanting my smokes.

If I recall correctly that when I did the Nicotine patch I was taking the 7Mg patch and splitting it into 3's and wearing that for a day. So I was getting like 2.3 Mg of nicotine (over a 24 hour period) Given that I ONLY wore the patch in the morning and took it off at bedtime, I remember smoking an analog carlton when I would wake up and it being very very satisfying, but 3 hours after putting the 2.3 Mg nicotine patch on if I would smoke one, it would have NO satisfaction at all.

So while it has been decided that anything less then 5 mg is not noticeable I think with me it is.

I will find out I am sure when I get my e-cigarette. (I still am waiting on shipping)

I will start with 0 mg with no analog smoking, and see how I do as the day goes on.

I was just having a problem trying to figure out how to create the right amount of juice to = .1mg nicotine, I took a look again at that mixing spreadsheet and cannot see how to come up with .1mg.

So how are you doing with 0 mg? Is it really a good replacement for you then carlton analogs? I would actually rather only need 0 mg, because then when the FDA comes down on this stuff, it will probably be easier to support my new healthier habit

Thanks for the information.

ECF Guru

Post Was almost too easy

You are right about no one wanting my smokes.

If I recall correctly that when I did the Nicotine patch I was taking the 7Mg patch and splitting it into 3's and wearing that for a day. So I was getting like 2.3 Mg of nicotine (over a 24 hour period) Given that I ONLY wore the patch in the morning and took it off at bedtime, I remember smoking an analog carlton when I would wake up and it being very very satisfying, but 3 hours after putting the 2.3 Mg nicotine patch on if I would smoke one, it would have NO satisfaction at all.

So while it has been decided that anything less then 5 mg is not noticeable I think with me it is.

I will find out I am sure when I get my e-cigarette. (I still am waiting on shipping)

I will start with 0 mg with no analog smoking, and see how I do as the day goes on.

I was just having a problem trying to figure out how to create the right amount of juice to = .1mg nicotine, I took a look again at that mixing spreadsheet and cannot see how to come up with .1mg.

So how are you doing with 0 mg? Is it really a good replacement for you then carlton analogs? I would actually rather only need 0 mg, because then when the FDA comes down on this stuff, it will probably be easier to support my new healthier habit

Thanks for the information.
    RMAN--the switch which i made about 6 months ago was almost to easy as it is much more satisfing to vape something that you can actually taste--As you know Carton is one weak cigarette--but it was not to you and I because we got so used to it. I remember people needed a smoke and giving one to them--they would light it and not think it was lite--LOL--Well with the 0 Nic vaping I am getting a much more satisfying hit--but that urge to have a vape is just as strong as the urge I used to have with the Cartons. I tried smoking a Carlton about 4 days after I started vaping and thought I was going to get sick---never want one again--As for the vaping--I am addicted and hopefully it is much safer--Good luck my friend and let us know if the switch is that easy for you as well. You need to vape more then you smoked---that helps a lot. Wait till you start to smell what a cigarette really smells like--it becomes a vial smell--Hope that helps --Sun

RMAN--the switch which i made about 6 months ago was almost to easy as it is much more satisfing to vape something that you can actually taste--As you know Carton is one weak cigarette--but it was not to you and I because we got so used to it. I remember people needed a smoke and giving one to them--they would light it and not think it was lite--LOL--Well with the 0 Nic vaping I am getting a much more satisfying hit--but that urge to have a vape is just as strong as the urge I used to have with the Cartons. I tried smoking a Carlton about 4 days after I started vaping and thought I was going to get sick---never want one again--As for the vaping--I am addicted and hopefully it is much safer--Good luck my friend and let us know if the switch is that easy for you as well. You need to vape more then you smoked---that helps a lot. Wait till you start to smell what a cigarette really smells like--it becomes a vial smell--Hope that helps --Sun
    I am all excited waiting for it!!!

I remember switching to carlton's years ago, I think it was camel lights to that, it was like air at the time, and recall telling myself I would adjust.. and I did.. they do taste strong to me now. I am really hoping the missing key has been the hand to mouth motion and that feeling of something going into my lungs, after reading so much of every ones posts, I am feeling the most optimistic with this.

I am looking forward to feeling sick from the smell of analogs. And its funny I am looking forward to being able to switch my addiction to something that could possibly be as satisfying but not nearly as unhealthy. I don't really care about the addiction itself, I know anti smokers love to say it only takes willpower, etc.. I don't care.

Well I won't worry about the nicotine for now, I guess worse case I could just put a couple drops of the 11 into a 15ml bottle and that would be close to .1 mg of nicotine if I really needed it.

Thanks again.

ECF Guru

Post Good Luck RMAN

I am all excited waiting for it!!!

I remember switching to carlton's years ago, I think it was camel lights to that, it was like air at the time, and recall telling myself I would adjust.. and I did.. they do taste strong to me now. I am really hoping the missing key has been the hand to mouth motion and that feeling of something going into my lungs, after reading so much of every ones posts, I am feeling the most optimistic with this.

I am looking forward to feeling sick from the smell of analogs. And its funny I am looking forward to being able to switch my addiction to something that could possibly be as satisfying but not nearly as unhealthy. I don't really care about the addiction itself, I know anti smokers love to say it only takes willpower, etc.. I don't care.

Well I won't worry about the nicotine for now, I guess worse case I could just put a couple drops of the 11 into a 15ml bottle and that would be close to .1 mg of nicotine if I really needed it.

Thanks again.
    RMAN--good luck and let us know how you are making out--enjoy some good tasting vaping--those 20 years of Carlton's were a lot rougher then I thought. I could be worng, but I doubt you are going to need any nicotine at all---Sun