DiyFlavorShack - Help With DIY - Any Questions - Page 16
Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: DiyFlavorShack - Help With DIY - Any Questions

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Really - it makes a difference??? How can this be? I mean, it all gets mixed together when you shake it up. Seriously I want to know if it makes a difference and how. Might need to change the way I mix.

This is how I do it: I have my base, including nic already to go whenever I mix, so all I need to do is squirt 10 mls of base into bottle and add drops of flavoring, unless the recipe calls for over over a ml or two of flavoring.

If so, I mix in a 10 ml syringe and when there is a lot of flavoring, first I squirt some PG into top of syringe (using my thumb to cover the bottom of syringe), then 2 mls of VG based nic, then flavoring, and top off with PG. Then I pick up my empty bottle, hold it under syringe and carefully slide thumb off syringe opening so liquid from syringe drips into bottle. I blow into top of syringe until liquid fills bottle. Then to make sure I get anything that is stuck to the sides of the syringe, I use the plunger to get the rest out. If flavoring is less than a mill, I just squirt my prepared base into empty bottle and then add drops of flavoring to the bottle directly from dropper bottle or separate pipette.

I like a 10 - 12 mg nic strength. My base is around 12 mg nic strength, so that allows for a little wiggle room for the flavoring. I like somewhere between 70/30 and 80/20 PG/VG mix, so I use 1 part of 48 or 50 mg VG nic to 3 parts of PG for my base. That means my base is 75/25 PG/VG. Using 48 mg of VG nic yields a 12 mg nic base, 50 mg - a tad more.
    Jesus was a liberal.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran dawnmarie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The reason i like to do it that way is because i see the nicotine first... Just a ocd thing but you are right it gets all mixed together..

We are sooo ocd.. I guess..lol
    Pre mixed Elquids and DIY, Do It Yourself Tools Kits & Vapor Juiceshttp://www.diyflavorshack.com

Full Member Verified Member

OK so I am reading every thing I can on diy'ing and I guess I need a sweetner what do I order if I want to order from you? Sugar cream and cotton candy are the choices I see. And will the work as sweetener for any recipe I find that calls for it?

Thanks for the help.

Blog Entries

Hi
    i also have ethyl malto....

I have pure sucolose also not on site yet as im still learning how to mix it 500 times stronger than sugar
    but em works great
    thanks dawn
    Pre mixed Elquids and DIY, Do It Yourself Tools Kits & Vapor Juiceshttp://www.diyflavorshack.com

ECF Veteran

Do you have a brick and mortar? I think I saw one on Cheyenne and Decatur but it looked like it might be closed. I live right down the street from you and have been toying with the idea of DIYing.

Supplier Associate
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 1vapeatatime View Post
    Do you have a brick and mortar? I think I saw one on Cheyenne and Decatur but it looked like it might be closed. I live right down the street from you and have been toying with the idea of DIYing.

Hi, we are in the process of opening..... Please check back in about 3 weeks! Also watch our website for more information

Thank you
    1vapeatatime likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Santinasmix View Post
    Hi, we are in the process of opening..... Please check back in about 3 weeks! Also watch our website for more information

Thank you
    Gotta love it!!!! Less than 2 miles from my home too
    cgrl and Sandiej02 like this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 1vapeatatime View Post
    Gotta love it!!!! Less than 2 miles from my home too
    That's great! Hope you try DIY ... it's fun!!

Last tc 09/15/14

How can I get info on the best way to enjoy different flavors?
    I love your products and have trouble getting certain flavors to vape well. Am I using the wrong amounts of vg/pg? Some do well with 70% pg and 30 vg. Others do not vape as well.
    Last edited by sandhillcrane; 02-11-2014 at 04:51 PM.

Blog Entries

hi
    THAT IS ALL MY YEARS OF TESTING AND TRYING.... oh sorry caps...

but i like to go by smell.. strong flavors work good at 70 vg 30 pg
    15 to 20%

light flavors are hard and need tweeking to your ownperfection

but nothing better than once its done your like HOLY whatever.. lol
    cgrl likes this.