DiyFlavorShack - Help With DIY - Any Questions - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: DiyFlavorShack - Help With DIY - Any Questions

Super Member ECF Veteran

Hi Dawn - I got a shipment notification from you tonight so I am expecting to have my order by Monday.

Included in my order is a DIY Flavoring.

Can you tell me what % of flavoring to use.

I have some flavoring here from another vendor and they recommend starting at 30% but I couldn't find a % for your flavorings listed on your site.

TIA

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yanks21 View Post
    Hi Dawn - I got a shipment notification from you tonight so I am expecting to have my order by Monday.

Included in my order is a DIY Flavoring.

Can you tell me what % of flavoring to use.

I have some flavoring here from another vendor and they recommend starting at 30% but I couldn't find a % for your flavorings listed on your site.

TIA
    all flavorings are different, so it's really a case-by-case trial-and-error thing. I've noticed that Capella's brand and Faerie's Finest Brand flavorings aren't as strong as lorann's brand flavorings, so you would use more if it is lorann's. any each flavor is also different. i.e.: for a 10ml bottle, if i'm using lorann's watermelon, i only need maybe 10-15% flavoring, but if I'm using lorann's peach I need at least 20% flavoring.

It's best to start making small batches, maybe 5ml at a time, and take notes of what you used in each batch so you don't forget.

my PV progression: m401, joye510, prodigy V2, prodigy V3, Legacy

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Dawn, glad you're back in action and I love that you're offering DIY help on your forum. This means that I'll be stopping by here more often to check this thread!

BTW on the website there is a product in the wrong category: Chocolate Caramel E-Liquid is listed under DIY flavorings. Just thought you'd like to know!

my PV progression: m401, joye510, prodigy V2, prodigy V3, Legacy

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran dawnmarie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Thanks Sly

Yes the flavors are diff.. Stronger flavors i start at 15 percent and build flavors like brandy would be 15 percent the tweek it. to your taste
    but like cotton candy i start at 20-25 because its a very light flavor and sweet so great mixer and not too much in the taste department except sweetness. Like cotton candy.

Loranns being the strongest of flavoring above capellas and FF. you would use less. that is correct.

I have a lab I am working with and am creating my own flavors that will be out soon, it is expensive and i have to start adding in one at a time as i am developing them but I already have sent out samples Rum Pound cake so we will see how the reviews come in about the flavor these are going to be wonderful . These will only be able to be purchased from me and I will have larger sizes available than the 3ml in these flavors.

Hugs and take care hope this helps dawn
    Pre mixed Elquids and DIY, Do It Yourself Tools Kits & Vapor Juiceshttp://www.diyflavorshack.com

Super Member ECF Veteran

Thanks Sly and Dawn I will start at 15% and move up or down from there.

The flavor in question is Creme de Cafe so if anyone stumbles across this and has used the flavor and has any suggestions based on personal experience I would appreciate it!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Dkrom68's Avatar

Hey Dawn Just wanted to say Hi, and remember what I said Im watching you LOL. Hows everything with the thing we talked about. And thanks for the stuff in my order you went overboard.

Gratefulvaper.Com Get your I06 and 306 Sleeves

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Hi Dawn, thanks for offering to answer some questions. I just bought some menthol drops from you. Two questions: how much do I add to a 15 ml bottle to boost the menthol taste? And can I just put a drop on a cart, or would that be too strong?
    I am hunting for that elusive BEST menthol vape!
    TIA!

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran dawnmarie's Avatar
    Blog Entries

HI D....

You are the best and THANK YOU.. i will have the Best USA Nicotine. Out there. I am very Happy I got it already and It is Nice. He is awesome and I talked his head off... He was patient with me and got everything i needed..... thank you.

OK lets see creme de cafe is a Light coffee Cream flavor you will have to use 25% and tweek from there. if you add anything with it take it down to 20% and your addition. use PG Nic and use VG to fill the rest of the bottle always leave a little at the top for any last minute tweeks and write it down so you have a future recipe.

Hope that helps.

MENTHOL POWERFUL..
    no i do not recommend vaping straight as I put a lot of menthol in there so you can take a 3ml bottle and reduce try 25 percent if not strong add from there again write it down. remember also there is no tobacco in there you can add your favorite tobacco, ry4, dunhill etc.

HUGSS guys..

thanks fo rbeing patient and remember I am not mixing on sat or sundays .. (Days Off
    but until i get the digital catalog up I will Leave the store Open

Then Next week the catalog will be up for you to download am still fixing some errors. incorrect catagories and things like that.
    \
    hugss dawn
    Pre mixed Elquids and DIY, Do It Yourself Tools Kits & Vapor Juiceshttp://www.diyflavorshack.com

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran Dkrom68's Avatar

Good to hear Dawn, Very nice clean and great service right. Dont worry about talking ears off, itll come right back at ya, and theres some good stories, ask about the post lady and shipping next time its funny!!!!!!

Gratefulvaper.Com Get your I06 and 306 Sleeves

Super Member ECF Veteran

OK lets see creme de cafe is a Light coffee Cream flavor you will have to use 25% and tweek from there. if you add anything with it take it down to 20% and your addition. use PG Nic and use VG to fill the rest of the bottle always leave a little at the top for any last minute tweeks and write it down so you have a future recipe.

Hope that helps.
    It does indeed Dawn, thanks so much.

Glad you are taking the weekends off - I have run my own business for the last 12 years essentially by myself with no help and I know how hard it is to hit the off switch.

Take Care Of Yourself!

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast