DSE 601C - Cartomizer Pipe
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: DSE 601C - Cartomizer Pipe

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default DSE 601C - Cartomizer Pipe

Hi Gang

Thought I would post the first Mod for the new pipe Dse601C - Cartomizer Pipe It uses 510D Cartomizers, but the standard length, (35mm) is too short and the XL length (45mm) is too long. HC carries the proper 40mm length and they work great, lots of flavor and vapor and more realistic in the draw and exhale than the original 601.

However: If all you have are standard length cartomizers, find a straw (plastic) that fits inside the cartomizer with the end cap removed. Cut the straw approx, 15mm to 20mm in length. The difference is that not all carto's are created equal. Start with a larger cut, then trim done until a snug fit. The straw should be a wide plastic straw, too narrow and the open space defeats the purpose.

I plan to get a few of the proper sized carto's, but this make a great stop gap until they arrive.

Moderators, if this needs to be moved, please feel free to do so.

Alternatively, a standard carto with a 510-510 adapter makes it length of the supplied carto.
    Plumes.91 likes this.

How are you guys satisfied with this pipe? Thinking of letting the missus get me this for christmas, and I can't ask for a pricey epipemod or other expensive ones.
    Is the 601-C worth the money?

Quote Originally Posted by toth View Post
    How are you guys satisfied with this pipe? Thinking of letting the missus get me this for christmas, and I can't ask for a pricey epipemod or other expensive ones.
    Is the 601-C worth the money?
    toth, i have one arriving any day now. so excited!

you can use standard size boge 510 cartomizers in them though - or so i've read? and i've also ordered a clearomizer/tip from a uk site for it as well, though the clearomizer is essentially 'disposable', in that the head isn't replaceable. it needs a 510 extender thing and a 510 to ego adaptor to work but it should look nice. and besides, i'm not much of a cartomizer fan. i can come back and let you know how it's working if you like.

Sweet, tell me how it goes!

From what I read though, a standard carto will be a wee bit short to fit? Heard people talking about 510-510 adapters and/or pieces of straw to make it fit.. Looking forward to your hands-on expirience!

ECF Veteran

I'm quite happy with mine. I've tried the standard carto, but it I hat fiddling around. I have some proper sized cartos on order and am looking forward to many a time relaxing with my pipe. On the plus side, the wife actually lets me smoke this pipe indoors.

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_clouds View Post
    toth, i have one arriving any day now. so excited!

you can use standard size boge 510 cartomizers in them though - or so i've read? and i've also ordered a clearomizer/tip from a uk site for it as well, though the clearomizer is essentially 'disposable', in that the head isn't replaceable. it needs a 510 extender thing and a 510 to ego adaptor to work but it should look nice. and besides, i'm not much of a cartomizer fan. i can come back and let you know how it's working if you like.
    Hey Sweet_, how you likin' that pipe?

Oh man.. just popped a LR boge in the pipe, and that combo is SWEET!
    Wanna use standard size cartos? Proud to present my extremely easy, perfect working trick: plug a spare "softtip"(you know, the little white piece you take out for filling) from an old carto into the pipes mouthpiece(connecting end), and bingo, your standard length cartos fit nicely, no extra air!

Full Member ECF Veteran

I got this pipe for Christmas and have been very suprised at how well it works! I too am using boge cartos with a shorty adapter on them. Those carts it came with don't perform well and the liquid tastes terrible.

My curiosity has been sparked and was wondering if anyone knew of a longer 510-510 adapter so I could throw my other gear onto this?

Yeah, the pipe is awesome with LR boges, and the supplied batteries are actually pretty damn good..! I easily get a full day out of them.

What about this extender/adapter? 21mm 510 to 510 Extender / Adapter

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast