801 on 5v.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: 801 on 5v.

Full Member Verified Member

Default 801 on 5v.

Anybody else use an 801 on 5v? I built a 5v box and tried the 801 atty on it. I really like it. And it seems to be more durable than the 510.

Registered Supplier Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

Well, I see no other posts, but last month I bought a Madvapes 5v box mod and using a 501-801 adapter have been vaping like crazy with it.

Cinnabomb/Menthol mixture at 50/50 giving a nice warm TH + kick.

I used to switch from 3.7v at work to 5v at home, but lately the 3.7v collects dusts as the 5v tastes so much better.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Yup, 801 or BE 112 on 5-6 V is the best vape I've tried and I've tried 801, 901, 510, 306 all on VV. My main vape is menthol, and it is heaven.

Super Member ECF Veteran pfaber11's Avatar

I vape my 801s on a five volt usb pass through and it is excellent. i tend to go through attys quite fast though. they're averaging about 2 to 3 weeks but that's not too bad at about 4 pounds a pop from totally wicked if you buy 5 and that includes postage and packing .

Super Member ECF Veteran Sojourner's Avatar

I completely agree on switching atomizer styles when bumping up to 5 volts. I was a 510 girl for a year and half with 3.7 and eGo models. When I went to the Tekk mod and now the Darwin, it's BE112 atties all the way. I think these 801 style atomizers are a match made in heaven for higher voltage. The draw, the vapor, the taste...excellent. I use a stealth 510 to 801 adapter. I love this adapter!

Super Member ECF Veteran

I use the 801 from IKV on the Provari ansd ali't cranked to 51/2volts., works great!

KDK
    Senior Member ECF Veteran

801 or BE112 is all I use, and like 'em for everything from standard penstyle batteries to VV box mod. I usually get 4 weeks or more on one. Lots of vapor, not many problems, and don't have to clean often.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Blog Entries

I discovered the Bauman 801 cartos and liked them, but on 3.7 I was just not getting the desired effect. They went into my parts bin.

A couple of weeks ago I decided to build a 5V boxmod and chose the 801 because of the carto capacity. To my surprise, these cartos come alive at 5v. However, I think the taste is a bit harsh for my taste.

A few days ago I built a VV based on Donptal's "Poorvari" design. Again, I used the 801. This is the best combo I have found so far. Beats my CE2 tank all to heck. At 4.7v, the 801 carto works excellently. That's my "sweet spot", as they say.

I have been rotating two 801 cartos the past 2 weeks, no sign of them getting weak yet. But, just in case, I ordered 20 more cartos for backup.

My current project is a modulator mod, no idea how it will work, but it, too, will be 801-based. Just can't beat 'em, IMHO

By asnider123 at 2011-06-01

By asnider123 at 2011-06-01

Moved On

i use an 801 hv and a 801 pro vari lava tube leo and riva and most of the time i have a 801 atty on them i onl get the slb attys and i have one atty that has lasted me about 2 years of time i have very few that go i think in 2 years i have bought 10 and still have 6 i just dont get why people love the 510 even with the low res it still doesnt hit like a an 801 it blows my mind i wish they made more stuff for it but they dont and that sucks all my friends that vape have an 801 i let them use mine for a while and they love it my perfect vape is around 5.1v to 5.4v 24mg nic in my liquid and i only drip i made a drip on demand system for it about 6 months ago and it works like a champ
    asnider123 likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

They used to sell an 801HV kit, which went to 5 volts, but was not a mod. I looked and couldn't find any batteries for it, but I found a ton of the atomizers.
    Good Luck!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast