Educate me on dripshields please
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Joe944

Thread: Educate me on dripshields please

six
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Educate me on dripshields please

I know what one is and I know what it does, so that's not the stuff I need to learn.

What I want to know is who makes high quality drip shields and in what sort of styles? I've seen some cool looking drip shields on pics in people's posts, but other than the anodized ones and the nice ones at empire mods, none of the vendors I normally fequent carry them.

I'd also like to know if any build material is preferable to any other. Some of the pics I've seen of shields on peoples mods make me think that anodized aluminum, delrin, or stainless steel are probably the build choices. Is that about right or is anyone blowing them out of glass or making them from other materials?

I'll appreciate any and all responses. Thanks.
    I type in monotone unless otherwise noted with emoticons, bold type, italics, etc.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

When I was looking the only ones available, but also highly praised as functional pieces, were the drip shields from Avid. I'm using mine right now with my 357 and it works very well. It is anodized aluminum I'm pretty sure. I posted some pics in the drip shield discussion thread in the provari sub-section.
    six likes this.