smoktech kick vs sigelei kick, which is better? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: smoktech kick vs sigelei kick, which is better?

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Maybe for you goober but for many they want something they can repair when something breaks and keep using forever. Not everyone just wants sub ohm. Now they can do regulated if they want, with a small now essential disposable drop in device. And if the zombie apocalypse ever happens, maybe you can't buy any more drop in electronics pieces when yours break, but you can always still use your elegant beautifully cobstructed mech mod. But you may be more concerned about whether your $300 lead pipe might be useful as a bludgeon against the horde

Very late to the party

Bad hit the hammer on the nail regarding protection also having a Mod that looks sweet and vapes constant from start to finish is a bonus, i'm using UDT-v9 with AGI v1 w/ Kick 2 and love the look v's the Vamo, THE UDT-v9 has class with hidden functionality

Sometimes it's good to wake the dead
    Last edited by stylezuk; 12-12-2013 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vjc0628 View Post
    Not really sure I understand the concept of a kick

unless I am misinformed (I very well could be) but I've read posts that with the kick
    I can not use ohms under what my regulated mods accept

If that's the case then why wouldn't I just use my regulated mods

or am I missing something?
    Many folks had really good mechanical PV's before regulated PV's ever hit the market, and didn't want to just toss them. The Kick gave them the means to turn their old mechanicals into regulated PV's.

then the sub ohm craze came along and changed everything, and mechanicals became the latest & greatest
    Fullknight likes this.
    http://www.casaa.org/images/9974739e5e33027c7244f0b4518d5a2d.jpg

Super Member ECF Veteran oldjoe's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by tj99959 View Post
    Many folks had really good mechanical PV's before regulated PV's ever hit the market, and didn't want to just toss them. The Kick gave them the means to turn their old mechanicals into regulated PV's.
    Ditto! I had a perfectly good Bolt that sat unused after I went to a VV/VW Mod. The Kick brought it out of the drawer.
    Fullknight likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member

My SmokTech kick quit after 2 days lol...ordering the real thing from Evolv methinks

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Why does the kick only go to 15w when they have the DNA going to 30W. Some chinese ones going from 35-50w. The chinese should bring out a 30 or 50w kick. The kick 2 is so expensive for what it is.

Full Member Verified Member

Old thread but I recently got one of these but it's actually pretty terrible. Lots of sanding and it puts out 3.3v max as read with my handy dandy volt meter... Just glad I only spent $9. The voltage drop of my mech over the course of a kayfun tank is much better lol.
    Ronald3638 likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Ronald3638's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Auto-Alex View Post
    Old thread but I recently got one of these but it's actually pretty terrible. Lots of sanding and it puts out 3.3v max as read with my handy dandy volt meter... Just glad I only spent $9. The voltage drop of my mech over the course of a kayfun tank is much better lol.
    A regular volt meter won't measure the kick voltage because it's a PWM device and I believe the smoktech version is the 33.3HZ chip.

That being said mine works so well in my Nemi I thought I would get "The Force" kick adapter which comes with a smoktech kick inside so I can use it on my magneto in 18650 mode.

When I tried the Kick in my magneto in 18350 mode it didn't work too well. I don't think it made as good a ground connection as it does on the Nemesis which works great in both 18350 and 18650 modes.
    Fullknight likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by hazarada View Post
    yes, they both suck. Get a real mod
    There you have it, straight from hazarada who resides in "buttville"; a fitting location.
    Last edited by CMD-Ky; 07-11-2014 at 07:03 AM.
    To live as I choose is neither selfish nor immature; to demand that others live as I choose is both.

Quote Originally Posted by icemanistheking View Post
    My SmokTech kick quit after 2 days lol...ordering the real thing from Evolv methinks
    One thing to keep in mind is that the Evolve Kick 2 does not have reverse battery protection. The Segelei 15w Kick does have rbp and Is a quarter of the price. I use four Segelei 15w Kicks and love them. But the lifespan isn't too good. I get through one a month!!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast