Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: Sparkle ! Do It Yourself !

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Sparkle ! Do It Yourself !

......A couple of weeks ago, I found a thread with links to fabulous fancy batteries....swirly designs and wraps too ....and I was chagrined cause I had just spent all my e cig moneys on nice standard Visions spinners, Smoktek. and the like ....pretty colors true, far prettier than the black matte Joyes ... ..but .....nothing fancy .....

.....So what could I do about this ..??? ....and then I remembered how I used to use glitter nail polish on my disposable lighters in a futile effort to keep guys from making off with my lighters ....so I picked up a few colors and styles of glitter and got to work ....

...this is the first batch .....and I am glad to add that the Kanger T3Ss seem to take being glittered without starting to leak ....so I have started to put one thin coat on those ....I still want to see through them, so I don't slather the glitter on, ...

Sparkle !    Do It Yourself !-e-cig-glitter-feb-22-2014.jpg.....and under lights, they sparkle like crazy ....
    Lorelei, beckdg, MissBlue and 4 others like this.

2. Advertisement
    Super Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

That's really cool! Great idea! Did you clear coat after to protect the glitter from flaking off with use? I really like that!

4. Advertisement

Very nice....i might try that myself.

Awesome idea! Be great to differentiate between my fiancé and I.

Blog Entries

Yeah, great idea and they look incredible. Your only problems gonna be chipping and wear and tear, so using a real high impact sealant would be an idea.

Hell, you could even make a nice little sideline in selling these customised batteries, i think a lot of people would go crazy for them.

Very pretty and creative! Have you posted the pic in the "show us your girly, decorated, pink" thread?? (or a title very close to that!) They'd love these!

CASAA ** PROVARINATI

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

That's NICE! I keep seeing all these fantastic nail polish colors and textures in the stores, but I don't have the patience and am not a person who paints her nails other than clear now and then. NOW I know what I can use them for! WOOT!
    vjdossey likes this.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

.....Thanks all .....since I did those first ones, I went to ebay and bought some clear nail polish with little stars in it ! ...the stars are blue, dark pink silver and gold ...

....Oh and nail polish IS a sealant ...I did this 6 weeks or so ago, no chipping ...and one even fell out of the car and was hiding in the snow, and thusly was run over at least once....the Kanger was cracked ...and Vision Spinner was fine, the sparkle was there and the battery worked just fine too !...

Oh and at a local thrift store, I found a strip of square stick on rhinestones, and promptly put those on several batteries, will photofy, and those strips help the e cig from slipping out of my fingers ....( which happens more than I like to admit ....)Sparkle !    Do It Yourself !-e-cig-glitter-4-feb-26-2014.jpg

I haven't taken photos of the stars yet ...and those rhinestone strips are holding on pretty well ....

and as one of my theories of life and art is ....MORE ! ....I will go over the top with these !
    vjdossey, Rickajho and beckdg like this.

Blog Entries

I just started painting one of my carto.tanks today... Taking it slow but fun... I love your ideas!!! Looks great!!!
    salleh likes this.
    'Knowledge is Power!!!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Y'all need to spend a couple five hours wandering around here: Show us your girly, pretty, decorated, pink!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast