how to make my coolfire 2 look less like a hand grenade - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: how to make my coolfire 2 look less like a hand grenade

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Brend View Post
    Oh never mind the search - doesn't help-it's gotta be me but I never have any success with the search here.
    The advanced search option always brings up better results, at least for me.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Paint it pink with purple polka dots.
    Ummm... Hello Kitty J-Wrap?

Seriously, it's such an odd shape that no one will be coming up with a wrap for this one. Even if I had one in the US I wouldn't use it as my out in public vape. It looks like it would be a comfortable hand fit, but the comfort zone for those things stops right there.

Thanks Rickajho - I tried the advanced but I'm still stupid. I research full time, hunting things & know mastering any
    sites search engine is key. I think I'm just gonna have to keep reading everything that catches my eye. I can use
    the education.

So for ops incognito desires - there are kids juice bottles from Little Hugs that are barrel shaped plastic -
    if you can get your hands on one ( compare size to your cool fire 2 ) get creative/crafty, you maybe could
    make a removable cover.

Yeah wraps, decorative tinfoil?
    Cap'nTripps and Lorelei like this.

Blog Entries

Sod it-I'll just phone the company I brought it from and ask them if it takes button top or flat top batteries. Kind of pissed of that the instruction manual doesn't specify what model battery it takes, that's just really unhelpful. I'll check out that mist hub site just in case though.

Anyways, I think I will just keep this as my indoor vape, and use the old Evods for travel/outdoor, so I'll probably abandon the idea of making a case for it. (Finding which batteries to use is more of a priority right now.)

Edit: well, I had no luck whatsoever using search; just ads and reviews, but I saw a review on YouTube where a guy used the flattop, so I guess that's sorted now.

A purpose built case for this model seems pretty unlikely, as it doesn't seem to be a very popular APV, though I could be wrong, so getting a bit creative is gonna be necessary, as pointed out.

Edit: in the end, I just used the simplest solution possible re concealment: I just keep it in a drawstring bag, you don't need to remove the pv to operate the fire button, although ventilation is a concern.
    Last edited by Cap'nTripps; 03-11-2014 at 05:32 AM.
    Lorelei likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nTripps View Post
    Btw it doesnt state in the manual if it takes the flattop batteries or the button headed ones?
    Takes Flattop.

Oh never mind the search - doesn't help-it's gotta be me but I never have any success with the search here.
    Use Google...type in "site:e-cigarette-forum.com XYZ" where XYZ is what you're searching for...
    Cap'nTripps likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran vjdossey's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Duct tape comes in every darn decor you can imagine... Find a pattern you like and see what ya can come up with?!
    Cap'nTripps likes this.
    'Knowledge is Power!!!

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Pull the pin and count to 10?
    beckdg likes this.

Blog Entries

Ive been using the frag grenade 4 a few weeks now, it gets a LOT of attention, and not the bad kind; ie i havent been held at gunpoint by armed police death squads yet (uk cops=very trigger happy)...its a great pv except for dissapointing battery life, but i always carry spares in my pouch. Im a fan of innokin products for sure now, and i think i may get an mvp 2.0 next week - ive seen one for only 35 quid.

My only concern is the fire button has a habit of sticking in and is quite hard to get back out-its not springy like my evods. Any tips on how to fix this? I considering using a tiny bit of wd40 in there, but im not sure.

Edit: I won't be getting the MVP after all; the battery's integral, and can't be changed.
    Last edited by Cap'nTripps; 03-29-2014 at 01:32 AM.

There may not be a wrap designed for this exact mod, but maybe you can order just a sheet of the material, or a wrap for a bigger mod with no holes, that you can cut to fit your mod. Theres other materials that have adhesive, but the wraps are going to come off without leaving the sticky residue behind. I haven't seen a wrap made for my mod either, so I was thinking of lookin into getting some of the wrap material, if they sell it like that. Shoot id pay a lil extra for just a sheet of the wrap material.

10. 03-30-2014, 07:17 AM

Moved On

Reason
    Inappropriate

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Cap'nTripps View Post
    Ive been using the frag grenade 4 a few weeks now, it gets a LOT of attention, and not the bad kind; ie i havent been held at gunpoint by armed police death squads yet (uk cops=very trigger happy)...its a great pv except for dissapointing battery life, but i always carry spares in my pouch. Im a fan of innokin products for sure now, and i think i may get an mvp 2.0 next week - ive seen one for only 35 quid.

My only concern is the fire button has a habit of sticking in and is quite hard to get back out-its not springy like my evods. Any tips on how to fix this? I considering using a tiny bit of wd40 in there, but im not sure.

Edit: I won't be getting the MVP after all; the battery's integral, and can't be changed.
    I think you're missing out, JMHO but the MVP is really a great mod for a great price. With the MVP you get a mod (with an ohmmeter, VV and VW), a horkin battery, and a charger, all in one. You could probably buy 2 for the price of the frag grenade (without batt or charger).

You can carry around spare batts, charge them diligently, keep track of which are charged and which are not, it's a bunch of hassles the MVP avoids completely, and I at least have never felt it had "disappointing battery life".

Just my two cents.....
    Cap'nTripps likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast