Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree429Likes

Thread: Reo Grand is a POS with terrible customer serive

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I refuse to jump through hoops for a Reo. Kind of a bush league outfit. One knows they will sell, why not get a small assembly line going?

2. Advertisement
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Blog Entries

I have purchased 6 Reos from Rob's website. I never felt like I was jumping through hoops. I did not always get my first color/wood choice, but I did get the type I wanted. Rob has also been great at answering questions. I have two Grands I have to send back probably for spring replacement. However the Grand I am currently using has been put through the mill and just keeps on working.

Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by bjannr View Post
    I have purchased 6 Reos from Rob's website. I never felt like I was jumping through hoops. I did not always get my first color/wood choice, but I did get the type I wanted. Rob has also been great at answering questions. I have two Grands I have to send back probably for spring replacement. However the Grand I am currently using has been put through the mill and just keeps on working.
    That is great. Just maybe a strange week. Used to evolv contacting me back within a hour. I got the reo because I heard things about that. Just upset that I didn't hear back from Rob after contacting him 5 days and the mod broke in less then 30 days. I hope everything can be worked out. Just use to great service like Vixen sending me flavor because they heard the juice the juice was not strong enough for me, MadVapes replacing a tank that melted on me the first week, and Clouds of Vapor sending the right mg juice I ordered with no question asked each time they make the mistake. So, I would like to be proven wrong. I hope it all works out. Hearing stories of someone so happy they got 6 of them really gives me hope. Thanks.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I bought one of the original Wood REO's.

Used it hard for over 6 months and then I broke the neg battery spring by trying to force a too large batt in the holder.

Sent it to Rob (REO) and he repaired it for FREE and return shipped it for FREE.

Now I have the REO Grand almost a year and never a problem.

My advice is PATIENCE.

You will get taken care of.

For what it's worth, the REO Grand is one of the most sought after box mods in my country. Vapers here are fearless in spending their money for a REO Grand, considering it is not locally available and the price skyrockets when it lands here.

Ω Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I don't think there is any hoop jumping any more there are a bunch of mini's and grands on the website now and they've been there for a couple days
    http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?op..._id=8&Itemid=3
    Quote Originally Posted by SavePaperVapor View Post
    I refuse to jump through hoops for a Reo. Kind of a bush league outfit. One knows they will sell, why not get a small assembly line going?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

wasup aarony, ya rob at REO literally is a one man show, and to add to it... he supposedly lives in the isolated boonies,lol

so i really do think its not that he ignored your email, but jus never got to it. i started with the REO and he really did go out of his way to make sure every customer of his is satisfied... he really prides himself on this, and if theres something wrong, he "will" fix it. ive seen this myself in the REO forums more times than i can count, so jus emphasizing that im not jus tryin to repeat what i "heard" bout his customer service

glad he eventually got back to ya, im pretty sure thats his only fault as a vendor (one man show == prob slower than other vendors)

let us know how it works out, cheers
    Last edited by nocturn4l3030; 12-07-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

I have bought 2 reo grands from Rob now. They are amazing mods. He is a 1-man show and every unit is produced by him. He wants to make sure every single unit is up to his standards. He must spend countless hours on them, especially the wood mods. They are 1 of, if not THE most sought-after mod, especially among bottom feeders. He produces them in batches so every kind of unit will not always be in stock. The waiting is the opportunity cost we pay in order to obtain a specialty item. This is not a mass-produced product, nor should it be.

Sometimes, a certain atty or carto will short the unit, causing the spring to collapse. And good thing it does, as it is a safety feature of the Reos. There are so many products and accessories out there, and sometimes there will be compatibility issues. No device is perfect or the "end all, be all." That is something I have come to understand in my vaping journey over the last year.

If you go to the Reo Mods forum in ECF, there is a sticky thread dedicated to updated product information so you can see which units will be available and when. They will go fast. There isn't any "jumping through hoops," only patiently waiting for him to finish his masterpieces. Rob will do whatever is necessary in order to make sure you are 100% satisfied. That is the kind of person you want to do business with. IMO, these devices are head and shoulders above the rest, with respect to the style of vaping I do.

Also, I suggest keeping the rant to a minimum or mum at least until the issue has been completely resolved. I understand that emotion caused by initial reaction can cause even the best of us to go off on something/someone, especially with the availability of the internet, but be patient. I am sure your situation will be resolved quickly and effectively.

Cheers.
    Last edited by rstreet55; 12-08-2011 at 01:32 AM.

Super Member ECF Veteran hubseven's Avatar

Understand your frustration, no-one likes to get the exception but this is what happened to you. Of course your pissed but I can assure you that for every exception their are hundreds of satisfied customers, this still doesn't help you. When Rob makes things right, as he most certainly will, you will then and only then know what a great product he makes. I have never owned a product that exceeded expectations that were unrealistic to begin with. Your problem will be fixed and then please post what you think of your Reo. That would be fair.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

This is Rob's reply to you on 11/22/2011 in the thread you started in the Reo subforum:

Quote Originally Posted by redeyedancer View Post
    You may only need a new spring follow the link
    http://www.reosmods.com/index.php?pa...emart&Itemid=9

Your welcome to send it to me I can look it over and make sure that is all it is
    You could have ordered a replacement spring or sent it to Rob for a checkup. Your Reo came with his business card that has his address.

I think your gripe is that he didn't hold your hand.
    Amajn, unsure, Dee74 and 15 others like this.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast