smoktech bolt 18500 1600 mah mod
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: smoktech bolt 18500 1600 mah mod

Default smoktech bolt 18500 1600 mah mod

just wondering if anyone has tried this tube mod and wonders what they think about it? i am considering either picking one up from litecigusa or crystal clear vaping any thoughts?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I don't have one but have used one. To me it seems pretty decent. It felt good when holding it and seemed to vape ok. I mean it is what it is....a no frills PV. Here is a review A PBusardo Review - The Bolt from Crystal Clear Vaping & CONTEST WINNER! - YouTube

Steve

I just picked one of these up from a store in the DFW area. I am really enjoying it.

I also got a Low Resistance Dual Coil Cart Tank with the mod.

I have watched PBusardo's review and I noticed that his Bolt came with the same battery as mine.

I do not think that this battery is protected. Is that correct?

I really enjoy the mod, especially after a full charge. But, I wonder about the safety of this battery with a low resistance cart.

Will a PCB 18500 Battery fit in this mod? Are they the exact same diameter and length? If they are the same, what is a good brand of protected 18500 batteries? Truefire or something more expensive?

I like to take long vapes back to back, and this a great mod but I wonder about the battery.

well i am considering getting a bolt from litecigusa.net and the batteries are green i dont know if yours is green but i wouldnt put too much thought into it you can go to madvapes.com and get some protected batteries or litehound.com and get aw imr high drain more expensive but they definately do last longer both mah wise and amount of charges before they go bad

I do have the green ones. I brought this up in another thread and I was told that they are protected. It makes me nervous that the SMOKtech site specifically says they aren't, but I was told they took them apart and there is a PBC chip inside.

Its a great little mod. I am getting an pair AW IMRs and a Pila charger for use with a LR DCT, and am looking for a good battery spring that will collapse in the event of a short.

With the new bat and spring not only will this mod make awesome clouds of vapor, but it will be safer to boot.

Super Member ECF Veteran Kevin littell's Avatar

I was going to buy one but bought a EGO-T 18650 mod instead....

Price compare.....They vape the same.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

The bolt is pretty decent. It vapes exactly the same as any mechanical mod at 3.7V. So, personally, I'd rather buy the bolt than, say, a silver bullet or a bb. My set up is exactly the same as Phil's review with the J-tank.

Btw, the green battery that comes with it is protected. I also picked up an AW as an extra batt, but personally, I don't see that much of a difference between the AW and the generic 18500 that the bolt usually comes with, if there's any. Though AW's are said to be safer.

My 2 cents

Where did you find one in the DFW area? I'm about 45 min SE of Dallas and shopping around for one.

Thanks in advance.

I got my Bolt from a store called DFWvapor in Lewisville.

Its on the North side of Dallas, if that helps.

The kit came with The Bolt, a DCT, 2 of the green batteries and a Trustfire charger.

Price was competitive and the staff was courteous to me.

One thing that might go wrong with a LR Carto on a EGO Battery MOD is that the switch they use is MOSFET and might go south with that set up, if I'm not mistaken.

Happy vaping.
    Last edited by melkoren; 02-20-2012 at 05:03 AM.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin littell View Post
    I was going to buy one but bought a EGO-T 18650 mod instead....

Price compare.....They vape the same.

If I'm not mistaken, wouldn't the eGo 18650 mod run at the standard eGo regulated voltage of 3.2ish, whereas the bolt (being mechanical) would run at 3.7 ? This would mean they don't actually vape quite the same...anyone know for sure? Trying to decide between the two...
    Mattdogg likes this.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast