Donít waste your money on the Apex UltraMax.
Don’t waste your money on the Apex UltraMax…or for that matter, with InnoVapor!!! I purchased two UltraMax e-cigs from InnoVapor less than a year ago and the performance was okay at best, but after spending $428.78 I’m left with two worthless e-cig mod’s and have moved on to the ProVari. The fist UltraMax lasted less than 10 months before ending up in the trash because the failure of the unit was somehow NOT covered by the 10-year warranty...The nickel plated finish had completely worn off and I could no longer unscrew the cap to the RES because of a broken ceramic disk (inside the RES). And when the ceramic disk in my other UltraMax broke last week (for the second time), I was told by InnoVapor to send it back (at my expense) and if there was so much as a scratch on it, it will most likely NOT be covered by Apex (the manufacturer). InnoVapor stated that this was out of their hands and was up to Apex, and they would have to abide by the findings of the manufacturer.
If you are considering buying the UltraMax with the RES, check out this forum (and others) to see just how extensive the problem is with the ceramic disk breaking. In InnoVapor's own words: "We will be the first to come out an tell you that the ceramic is very fragile and you have to be very careful with it. I mean it is a piece of ceramic, not steel." I just wish they had told me that before I purchased my two UltraMax starter kits.
Bottom line...Do yourself a favor and find a better e-cig mod to buy, and a better company to do business with.
Last edited by innoent; 04-23-2012 at 07:38 PM.
The Apex Ultramax was one of the PV's that I admired due to its revolutionary design.. Sorry about your depressing experience with those.
With all due respect Roxxette, I don't try to discount your experience with the UltraMax...Please don't try to discredit mine.
I didnt want to mean that , if you take it as is excuse me ; i just wanted to point out to why not also writte about the good part ? im sure you loved then BEFORE problems arise.
Roxxette - Fair enough, and thank you. I am sorry if I appeared too harsh. Please know that I only choose to share my experience here after trying to rectify the problem with Innovapor directly first. And when I found out that they filtered ALL of their feedback and product reviews my friend suggested I post my experience(s) here. I only wish I had consulted this site prior to buying the UltraMax, as I'm sure I would have decided on a much better PV device. But I'm glad that you have had nothing but good luck with yours! Happy vaping!
Same to you man and always have to keep in mind that other people opinion or experience will not be the same like these for example , i reply in the innovapor sub-forum about the problems with the replacements and im sure by that you will understand more about the issue with it ; again best of luck and who knows maybe you come back to the alphas in the future
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Tony - I am not sure why you continue to try to discount/discredit my experience with InnoVapor and the Apex UltraMax, and the expression of such. In an effort to put this to rest, please answer the following questions...please be honest and a simple YES or NO is all I ask:
1) Did I purchase two Apex Alpha UltraMax starter kits from InnoVapor on June 01, 2011 (order#6628)?
2) Did I contact InnoVapor in July, 2011 stating that my ceramic RES had broken?
3) Did InnoVapor send a replacement ceramic RES at no cost to me along with a prepaid label for the return of the broken RES? (I'll give credit where credit is due...I greatly appreciated it).
4) Did I return the broken RES back to you as I was instructed to do? (I'm sure you keep records of such as you have cited a non-return rate of 95%...and you wouldn't make something like that up...seeing how you have changed your policy regarding this issue based on that rate).
5) Did I contact InnoVapor last month regarding yet another broken RES?
6) Was I told that due to 95% of people NOT returning their broken RES your (InnoVapor's) policy has changed?
7) Did I ask you (InnoVapor) at that time to look up my account history to verify that I did if fact return my RES as I said I would? (That should more than prove I'm not in that 95% who don't play by the rules).
8) Did you (InnoVapor) look it up?
9) Was I also told that when I sent my broken RES back to you (InnoVapor), if there was any sign of damage at all, it would not be covered, and I would need to purchase a replacement for almost $40?
10) Do you know factually, the condition of my current broken RES?
11) As a customer of both InnoVapor and Apex, am I entitled to express my opinion (here or anywhere else), if I do so honestly?
12) Is there ONE thing in ANY of my posts that you (InnoVapor) know to be untrue?
- I look forward to your reply!
To the rest of you who feel they must defend InnoVapor, I respect your right to your opinion...please respect mine. You can post all of the kudos and positive feedback you wish, and I promise not to attempt to undermine it...why don't you do the same.
And for those of you who THINK they know me, my issue, or the history and condition of my RES...Please go flaunt your ignorance elsewhere.
this reminds me of so many forums ,covering so many topics... dissenters and loyalists. I have noticed one thing about all the premium products. with the exception of Provari, that company having iots game together, all the rest are on thier butts production wise... GG has never had a single available product, now each and every one of the so-called best are out always. Some are ridiculous, I only envy those who have a chance to denounce a high end product... now Alpha Ultramax has joined the list of exclusively out of product brands that i can only read with envy the pro-s and con's about.I do notice the choice of material has me deterred to purchase one if they were available, why aluminum? why not a less corrodable (*sp?) metal? Seriously I foind this disscussion very healthy and I thank you all for the conflicting opinions. I do smell genuine dissapointment in this post. And I saw the nasty youtube review, wowie !I still want one !why not stainless though?Ha ! i cant even get a plain one and here i go ! :P if you think this thread is bad, you should got to autopia, and hear the very vociferous exchanges over car polishes If anybody from the various producers sees this please get your acts together on production, it really sucks to visit site after site only to see out of stock time after time no matter what it is being sold... there is a rumor that there is a product named Zenisis and they have some alledged products... this in good fun. I do hope somebody see's the grain of truth in my comments though. Vape on you lucky ones, at least I did get my Provari so the pain isnt very deep I love it... would love to get an advanced high voltage model of the Apex Ultra Max sometime this year.
Tags for this Thread