Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 26323334353637383940 ... LastLast
Like Tree359Likes

Thread: The Roller SS-P telescopic battery mod from atmizoo

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

With this setup, I get about 4-5 hours worth of decent vapor out of it. Testing the 18490 currently.

Wraps is a 3/3.
    Last edited by Shiryo; 03-09-2013 at 09:13 PM.

2. 03-10-2013, 11:14 AM

Registered Supplier

Reason
    posting in unauthorized area

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just received my Roller on saturday. I got the ss-im, I love the feel and look of this mod. I might order some ss-m inner tube and a ss-m bottom cap once they have them back in stock to just switch them once in a while to change the looks of it. The button on it has a great feel to it. Just like it's mentioned on the reviews. The matte has a nice grainy feel to it, like a macbook pro. I just really like this mod.

The only problem I ran into is trying to get my Cobra on it. I can get it to twist on a little before it just stops half way. I inspected the Cobra threadings and it looked fine. It screws on my other mods just fine, except for the Roller. I contacted Atmizoo and they were fast in responding and was told to try to screw the brass connectors upside down to see if there were any burrs and to try to smooth them out. I did that but still had the same problem with both recessed and classic connectors. I did try to force it a bit but had to stop before I did any damage to the threads. Last thing I want is to ruin a $150 atty.

Everything else goes on the Roller except my favorite Gen atty. I'm pretty sure other people were able to get their Cobras on the Roller from the images and videos I've seen on the internet. I just wish that I didn't have to experience this frustration the first day I got the Roller. Since a majority of the stuff I have are 2.4-3.2 ohms, can't really enjoy my new mod right now. I even built a 1.0 ohms on my Cobra in anticipation of the Roller. So for right now, I'm just using it on my Provari Mini. I might build a LR head on one of my Vivi Novas, but I kinda stopped using clearos ever since I got into RBA's and Gen atty's. Plus I kinda don't even want to put it on this nice mod. I did put an ego adapter on the roller just so I can fire up my Cobra on it, and man it was great. I took it off after a couple drags since it looked too awkward.

Fortunately, Atmizoo will be sending me replacement 510 connectors to see if it fixes the problem. Overall I really like the Roller and the Customer Service is great. I just wish that I could have used my Roller more this weekend. For right now, it will be sitting on my shelf ( where I can stare at it from time to time) until I get more stuff in LR.
    Uma likes this.

Moved On ECF Veteran

Great reviews, thanks guys!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Jaseruckus View Post
    The only problem I ran into is trying to get my Cobra on it. I can get it to twist on a little before it just stops half way. I inspected the Cobra threadings and it looked fine.

Interesting considering toottoot and Theops verified it's the way the AC9 is threaded that doesn't allow the AC9 to sit on the roller correctly...

ECF Veteran

Not sure if I should buy Ice Matte switch housing and outer tube or if I should just wait for a Ice Matte/Matte combo...

Can anyone verify if the Ice Matte finish is more "durable" or "resistant" than the Natural Matte finish in terms of marring and just everyday carry? (I never drop my mods, of course dropping would ding any metal finish.)

Just having an OCD attack, I have a Natural Matte and Polish combo, was thinking of getting a Ice Matte switch housing and outer tube and brass recessed connector, then transferring my Natural Matte bottom cap, button and inner tube over, but I personally think Ice Matte bottom cap and inner tube with a Natural Matte switch housing and outer tube would look better... However that makes the whole idea of Ice Matte redundant...

Then again, if I bought a full Ice Matte Dingo, I'd have everything I need and then just transfer the button and inner tube... Maaan.

But THEN! I'm dying for a brass/copper/bronze and SS Polished combo...

Now i'm just rambling... But my current setup makes a good donor to make 2... Polished switch housing/outer tube and purchase future B/B/C accents and then purchase a Ice Matte switch housing/outer tube and use my current Natural Matte accents...
    Last edited by Shiryo; 03-12-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    Uma likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Is this a review or an advert?

ECF Veteran

Above and beyond customer service!!!!

Atmizoo shipped out a few grommets, a silver plated spring, rhodium plated spring, recessed and original Brass 510 Connectors. All via DHL Express, took 2 days! From Greece!!!

As far as fixing my Roller. I will report back, but what I did find, is that the grommet was fine as it is the same thickness of the others I received. However, comparing it to the Brass recessed connecter, my SS 510-C was about a mm too thin! So mad props to the guys over at Atmizoo! I cannot wait for yellow metal accents and hopefully a hybrid down the road!

Uma and Mindtroverted like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Whats the Rhodium plated spring for, I have a Roller and it does not have one? Yes they have awesome customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiryo View Post
    Above and beyond customer service!!!!

Atmizoo shipped out a few grommets, a silver plated spring, rhodium plated spring, recessed and original Brass 510 Connectors. All via DHL Express, took 2 days! From Greece!!!

As far as fixing my Roller. I will report back, but what I did find, is that the grommet was fine as it is the same thickness of the others I received. However, comparing it to the Brass recessed connecter, my SS 510-C was about a mm too thin! So mad props to the guys over at Atmizoo! I cannot wait for yellow metal accents and hopefully a hybrid down the road!

Uma likes this.

ECF Veteran

It was a gift, along with the silver plated spring.

Rhodium just acts as a perfect barrier against corrosion, will never tarnish and needs zero maintenance done to it. It is not affected by oxygen/oxidation.

The silver is a very low resistance insulator, will not absorb current like straight brass will and in turn give a more direct power current.
    Uma likes this.

11. 03-16-2013, 06:34 AM

Registered Supplier

Reason

ECF Veteran

Ohhh Nickel would have been nice to test out. The Rhodium is what i'll keep in it for a while. I'll see how it fares with my twist wire coils running at nearly half an ohm! So far sooooo good.
    Uma likes this.

13. 03-16-2013, 11:36 PM

Registered Supplier

Reason