Itaste SVD review
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 43
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Itaste SVD review

  1. #1
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ogden, Utah, U.S.
    Posts
    44

    Thumbs up Itaste SVD review

    I have been using my Itaste SVD for a couple days now and I must say that I am really impressed with it's performance. My first mod was the eCad V2, and it was a simple mod with simple functions. My next was the Bolt. A straight mechanical mod. Both of them were "hand me downs" from friends at work. The Itaste SVD is my first brand new mod. And boy am I happy with it. The variable wattage and voltage is fun to play with. I really enjoy the ohm reader. And the battery life feature is very handy. I'm still tinkering with some fine tuning with the heads I have for my Kanger Protank 2 that a buddy of mine recoiled for me. They read between 1.1 ohm to 2.5 ohm depending on which coil head I use. I have been following some suggestions that I got from other forums with the ohms law calculator. That calculator is a great way to figure the general ballpark you should be in with the ohms you are using. The only issue with the "light saber" I have is when I use the 18650 battery, This mod is over eight inches tall. And not ideal for carrying out in public in your pocket. I also use an 18350 battery that is easier to handle in your pocket if you are going to be out. The battery life for the 18350 is great I get about two days use with moderate vaping while at work. The 18650 is about the same on my days off, when I tend to vape more. All in all I am really happy with the Itaste SVD. And I would strongly recommend anyone use it. For $60 bucks from the local vape shop, Electronic Stix in Ogden, it's not an overly priced mod either.
    Last edited by jtsmythy1977; 01-28-2014 at 12:45 AM. Reason: misspelled some words

  2. #2
    Ultra Member Completely Average's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Suburbs of Dallas
    Posts
    1,900

    Default

    Don't drop it, don't let it tip over on to any hard surface, and take extra care with the fire button.

    I've had two SVDs. Both broke within 6 months of purchase. Both broken fire buttons.

    And I'm not alone.... https://www.google.com/#q=itaste+svd+broken+button
    VapieDan and jtsmythy1977 like this.

  3. #3
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    olderthandirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Willamette Valley, PNW
    Posts
    7,581
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Yup. The SVD is a long one with the 18650!
    Not a bad unit really, I got one from Fasttech for 32 and change a couple weeks ago. For that price it is a nice little battery tube.

    I'm having a helluva time remembering the different menu button sequences, always referring to the manual.
    The ergonomics of the 3 buttons is not that well thought out either.

    After using it off and on here at home I think mine will have a permanent spot as a backup.
    jtsmythy1977 likes this.

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . Home of The First and Best WTA . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    . . . . . . . . . . . It's Not Just About Unflavored Anymore!. . . . . . . . . . .

  4. #4
    Super Member Joka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    CleVegas TN.
    Posts
    674

    Default

    I love mine, definitely worth the price tag. Only argument IS size, it could have been smaller I think

  5. #5
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ogden, Utah, U.S.
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by olderthandirt View Post
    Yup. The SVD is a long one with the 18650!
    Not a bad unit really, I got one from Fasttech for 32 and change a couple weeks ago. For that price it is a nice little battery tube.

    I'm having a helluva time remembering the different menu button sequences, always referring to the manual.
    The ergonomics of the 3 buttons is not that well thought out either.

    After using it off and on here at home I think mine will have a permanent spot as a backup.
    I found that playing around with the variables its become second hand. Your plus button is the wattage, the minus button is the voltage, both together for a couple seconds will read the ohms, a couple seconds longer will lock your settings. Pressing either the plus or minus buttons will bring up your battery life. The SVD has a simple picture on the back side to the button configuration.

  6. #6
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ogden, Utah, U.S.
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Completely Average View Post
    Don't drop it, don't let it tip over on to any hard surface, and take extra care with the fire button.

    I've had two SVDs. Both broke within 6 months of purchase. Both broken fire buttons.

    And I'm not alone.... https://www.google.com/#q=itaste+svd+broken+button
    How long have you had your SVD? From what I have read the problem comes from the first production model. I'll keep looking thou.

  7. #7
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ogden, Utah, U.S.
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joka View Post
    I love mine, definitely worth the price tag. Only argument IS size, it could have been smaller I think
    They say size matters. Haha. But here I think it is a little extreme. Try a 18350, it brings the overall length to under seven inches.

  8. #8
    Ultra Member TheReign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kaua'i - Nevada
    Posts
    1,967

    Default

    It all comes down to personal opinion really. i didn't think it was that hard to figure out the button layout for the settings really. it vapes great and gets the job done without any problems for me. it's a little big but honestly you can use it for self defense too! ( dont do that ) just swap out to a 18350 battery and keep an extra with you if it's that big. i like it in the 18650 mod really. looks badass and vapes like a monster
    jtsmythy1977 likes this.



    Na Kamali'i O Kaua'i

  9. #9
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ogden, Utah, U.S.
    Posts
    44

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ianreign View Post
    It all comes down to personal opinion really. i didn't think it was that hard to figure out the button layout for the settings really. it vapes great and gets the job done without any problems for me. it's a little big but honestly you can use it for self defense too! ( dont do that ) just swap out to a 18350 battery and keep an extra with you if it's that big. i like it in the 18650 mod really. looks badass and vapes like a monster
    I agree, the 18650 size does make a formidable weapon, haha.

  10. #10
    Ultra Member TheReign's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Kaua'i - Nevada
    Posts
    1,967

    Default

    Yeah i wouldn't recommend using it for those purposes haha. A friend of mine ( a Chick ) called it a robot D*** so i laughed at her took my drip tip off and put it down around that area and proceeded to jab her in the ribs.. it was hilarious, never again did she make fun of it haha
    MR. Mad and jtsmythy1977 like this.



    Na Kamali'i O Kaua'i

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks