Puresmoker's Protege` V1.1
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Puresmoker's Protege` V1.1

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Default Puresmoker's Protege` V1.1

The Puresoker Protege' arrived FINALLY today! I was so excited as I have had it on order for a little over a month.

After taking it out of the box I was really impressed with the way it looked, and felt. It is very sleek and felt great in the hand. I was really surprised to see that the end cap was even vented!!!!! This was an added bonus!

So while the batteries charged up, I took a closer look at this PV... I love the SS switch. There is no wiggle room at all! It feels very sturdy. The switch has a lot of travel room, which surprised me a bit and I thought it would be more like it's big brother the prodigy (Without the upgraded switch). I attached a 510 atomizer to it and noticed that I could not get the atomizer flush to the body of the unit. Not a big issue, but it was a little surprising. Also there is no drip well (or a very small one). This is a little frustrating, but I guess I can deal with it. I had to clean up a little juice tonight that leaked out. I guess I learned that I need to drip a little less...

Now the vape. Well it was FANTASTIC! I decided to use one of my favorites to start out. NHaler Pear Lung Juice. I had a huge vapor cloud around me after 1 drag. AMAZING. This juice (for me) usually has an ok throat hit, but the protege had a bit more than my 510 (as expected). The SS button was hard to press, and still is stiff. I did see that it can take a few days/weeks to break the button in. At first I thought it was misfiring, but it turns out that I was not engaging the button enough. I have noticed a DRASTIC improvement of the button response after a couple hours of vaping.

Overall I really like this unit. I have a prodigy as well, and sometimes felt that I was getting pounded by vapor, and didn't like how big it was. With the protege` I feel it is more like an analog. I wanted more vapor, and shorter drags than my 510 could provide, and the Protege delivers!!!

I have to say the few draw backs that I have found so far, are for me not that big of a deal. Time will tell, but for now I REALLY like the look, feel, and performance of the Puresmoker Protege`.

Just thought I would share!

Canadian Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Thanks for sharing !!

I'm waiting on my shipped v1.1 myself.... but being in Canada I suspect I won't see it for approx 2 more weeks as has been the norm from all USA orders for me.

Although my v1 Protege has been hassle free from day one I look forward to the latest and greatest and will keep the v1 as my trusted backup.

VapeOn,
    Greg

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
    For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Anyone here using a protected 14500 battery with the Protege? That is one thing keeping me from purchasing. I've read that the protected ones are a really tight fit and wondering about possible switch damage.

Canadian Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I use protected from Deal Extreme...

Here's the items I use:

-TrustFire Protected 3.7V 900mAh 14500 Lithium Battery (2-Pack)
    Item# 3435

-TrustFire All-in-One Charger (for 10430/10440/14500/16340 /17670/18650/CR123A)
    Item# 4151

-Greg

For those who understand, no explanation is needed.
    For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use AW 14500 Protected Rechargeable Lithium Battery from Lighthound on my Protege v.1 without any problem. It's a bit tight, but affordable, doesn't seem to risk the switch. BTW, these batts are great performers.

Super Member ECF Veteran

I just received my Protégé V1.1 yesterday, and couldn't wait to get it all charged up (my Prodigy died just as the PS offices started their move, so I've been back to cigs since then!)

But when I finally put in a nice charged batt and a known good atty and pressed the button, got just a tiny fizzle, not the bright red warm glow I'd expected. Tried again, and nothing. Tried a different atty, no luck. Tried the other batt.... I guess my stars have gone out of alignment or something, because I've now got two of the best e-cigs in the world right here, but they don't work. :-(

Sorry to hear that LuckyCharm Send the unit back.... You should be under warranty.....
    ɥʇɹoʍ sʇuǝɔ oʍʇ ʎɯ ʇsnɾ

Super Member ECF Veteran

Both my Prodigy and Protégé should certainly still be under warranty (limited lifetime, whatever that means). I purchased my Prodigy less than a year ago. Hoping they can send me a simple fix or something, though, rather than going through a lengthy return process...

Default Protege Review

I have had my Protege for about two months now. It was pretty good for about the first month. Since then it won't even work as a paperweight. (it rolls around too much) I didn't bother sending it back because Puresmoker said they will be sending out replacement switches. That part I will give them credit for and I hope I receive mine soon. For a while I kept taking the switch apart and could get it to work randomly but now it won't work at all. I found the Protege to be more frustrating over the course of the day then my wife is. Should I receive my replacement switch and get positive results I will make another post stating that my problem has been corrected but as of now my Protege is useless. You could say that I should have returned the Protege rather then complaining but after purchasing my Protege and having problems I went in and found reviews of many others having the switch problem long before I purchased the Protege so this problem was known by Puresmoker before my purchase. The proper thing to do would have been to suspend sales of the Protege until the switch was redesigned to function properly.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Love View Post
    I have had my Protege for about two months now. It was pretty good for about the first month. Since then it won't even work as a paperweight. (it rolls around too much) I didn't bother sending it back because Puresmoker said they will be sending out replacement switches. That part I will give them credit for and I hope I receive mine soon. For a while I kept taking the switch apart and could get it to work randomly but now it won't work at all. I found the Protege to be more frustrating over the course of the day then my wife is. Should I receive my replacement switch and get positive results I will make another post stating that my problem has been corrected but as of now my Protege is useless. You could say that I should have returned the Protege rather then complaining but after purchasing my Protege and having problems I went in and found reviews of many others having the switch problem long before I purchased the Protege so this problem was known by Puresmoker before my purchase. The proper thing to do would have been to suspend sales of the Protege until the switch was redesigned to function properly.
    That's not good news to hear!!
    I thought they had fixed the switch problems.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast