Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cleaning an Ego-T atty?

Full Member ECF Veteran

Default Cleaning an Ego-T atty?

What is the best/safest way to clean an ego-t atty? Thanks for the help

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

YouTube - cozzcon's Channel

cozzcon has a good demo video...I haven't used it because mine aren't here yet! But all the videos and research I've done, I plan to try this one maybe with Everclear instead of rubbing alcohol.
    Another I liked was the bulb syringe method with hot water...simpler the better for me.

Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

I do a quick very hot water rinse first, blow it out good then a PGA soak for about 20min then blow that out good and take a hair dryer to the Atty, not real close just hold the hairdryer back a bit to dry the Atty. Then once I have it nice and dry I give it a prime with PG maybe 5 drops then I store the Atty in a small zip lock baggie and suck the air out and stash the Atty for a day or whenever I'm ready to use it again. With my reg 510 Atty's I use them until there performance starts to lack and pitch them in a coffee can, once I have a bunch of them I use the same method but stick them on a metal baking dish and throw them in the oven on the lowest setting thread side up for 20-30 min on that lowest setting, take them all out and prime them with PG then store them all in a bigger zip lock baggie and suck out the air. I also save my stock wrappers and put them back in that first, then the zip lock. Done deal
    I have no favorites I love them all, but the sexy chicks who sport wild thongs drive me up the wall ;-)
    Support the cause give to CASSA

Full Member ECF Veteran

thanks guys

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I've watched cozzcon's and other vids and vids on the dry burn, and vids on the cut-away and disassemble of the atty -- and I have a quick, related question from a newb: if I wanted to just use warm, distilled water, what would be the harm in a minute or two, forced-air (hairdryer) blow through, then a dry burn style "drying". It would seem the mesh, coil, ceramic/plastic basket could withstand the heat of the "dry" burn, and in fact the heating element would actually dry the remaining water on the coils and wick-- no?

EDIT: Actually, a more simple question: why not just vape distilled water in a tank? (Yeah, might taste pretty awful, or no taste at all, just steam...don't inhale) but juice is what, 75% or more water? In essence, steam-cleaning the works?
    Last edited by Rachus; 02-04-2011 at 06:02 AM.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I was reluctant to try cuzzcon's method; I really didn't like the idea of using a chemical (IPA) in something that i would inhale in my lungs--he does put a disclaimer in the video.

I did try his method and let the atty dry for 48hrs, but still got that chemical taste even after quite a few draws. So I stopped and re-cleaned the atty along with a couple other atties by using distilled water. I brought the distilled water up to boil, turned off burner, and used a turkey baster to flush all the atties out; and then soaked them in the heated distilled water for 15 minutes and blew out. I let them dry for 24 hours and loaded them up with ejuice and vaped away.

This method worked very well for me and it will be my choice of cleaning eGo-T atties and atties in general from here on out.

cheers,
    Last edited by Sgt. Pepper; 02-04-2011 at 05:27 PM.
    Blah, Blah, Blah. And a little more... Blah, Blah, Blah.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Gatorfan, in addition to distilled water, you can safely use PGA (Everclear) or vodka. And a quick dry burn to get rid of the crud on the coil. I've done it several times without any problems.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Katya View Post
    Gatorfan, in addition to distilled water, you can safely use PGA (Everclear) or vodka. And a quick dry burn to get rid of the crud on the coil. I've done it several times without any problems.
    Thanks, Katya. I have probably read every way one could go about cleaning atties--lol. I just like the idea of using distilled water...far less impurities than anything else and it's working for me. I didn't mention, but I will do a dry burn after the distilled water. I usually use 70/30 pg/vg and get a week before I need cleaning. A couple juices I use from vaperite are 50/50 and after a couple days the atty will get clogged and I'll blow it out and do a dry burn that brings it back.

Thanks for your help and comments.

cheers,
    Blah, Blah, Blah. And a little more... Blah, Blah, Blah.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by gatorfan View Post
    I was reluctant to try cuzzcon's method; I really didn't like the idea of using a chemical (IPA) in something that i would inhale in my lungs--he does put a disclaimer in the video.
    I feel the same way, I mentioned Everclear in my post...that seems less chemicall-y.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by gatorfan View Post
    Thanks, Katya. A couple juices I use from vaperite are 50/50 and after a couple days the atty will get clogged and I'll blow it out and do a dry burn that brings it back.

Thanks for your help and comments.

cheers,
    Vaperite is rough on the atties, even at 50/50... I know.

But a quick dry burn takes care of it.

Happy vaping.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast