306 with a drip tip worked just fine . Thanks for the tip
Originally Posted by davidvapi
I took 2 gogo carts to try putting soda and vinegar it cleaned them some what but not good enough ....
So a bit thinkering I did the following on GOGO / IGO / KR808 cartos (total of 60 different ones which had alot of use to them):
1. Rinsed the cartos in hot water
2. soaked the cartos in alcohol for 30 minutes or so.
3. rinsed in hot water again
4. soaked in vinegar, and boiled them for 15 mins.
5. rinsed the cartos in hot water again.
6. Soaked in vinegar and put 2-3 spoons of soda, let it fizz down and gave it a very good hot water rinse again.
7. inspected some of the cartos and none had any vinegar / alcohol smell to them.
8. Took all the carts and gave them a quick boil for 10 mins in distilled water.
9. Drying process was taking a sock and spinning them to get most of the The ooisture out of them, than baking them for 1 hour at 130 celcius in the oven.
After all this, they were totally dry and ready for use, the results are not bad for all 3 models.
They all felt like they are fresh and no strange taste/smell occured when using them.
While its not like re-building cartos , the results are very good and cheap to follow trough.
Think I'll have to try this tonight, if I dare (only have 2 attys, two days to payday, and then min of three before more can be here).
It's been under a week since I got my kit, but one atty is starting to taste.... foul. It's not the burnt taste from a dry cart, but just nasty, bitter, and well, nasty. Regardless of juice.
My guess is that it's probably the mix of juices that have been thru it (Prefilled, USA Red, Strawberry, Vanilla, and French Pipe). A couple were a bit dark in color (especially the vanilla, which was my fav for a whole day), and being new, I didn't even blow out old juices before throwing new ones on.
My other atty has been strictly a nice clear menthol, and is still working great.
Awesome! Thanks for the suggestion, rondodog! Have been looking for a safe way to clean my atty's.
WHAT!?!? That's the same atty??? WOW! Looks like a completely different 306. I still have to try this method. I've been sleeping on it for a while now for no good reason.
Originally Posted by gvil
Must have missed this one... Any luck getting your 901's up again? Were they fairly new or were they on their last life? I got some 306's and 510's I wanna try out but wanna know what to avoid and pretty much expect overall.
Originally Posted by Milianom
Last edited by Coil; 08-23-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Thanks for the tip! Excellent work!!
I like the idea of this. I will have to try ... AFTER my buddy gives back my back-up! Trying to convert him!
09-26-2011, 04:57 AM
As a noob to the pv world ill throw my 2 pennys in.
I got my ego 16 days ago in that time ive used 5 different juices of different flavors and brands. Never more than rinsing the atty with water every other night. Tonight i used b.s./vinegar 3 times followed by water shook it dry and rewetted it and proceeded to vape. I swear its working better than new.