how to best maintain a clearomizer for longevity - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: how to best maintain a clearomizer for longevity

bbb
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use the Visions clearomizer 1.8 ml ... I remove the crescent shaped plug, rinse the clearo under v hot tap water for a few mins from both ends, use tweezers or pliers to hold, I rinse until the wicks are clean, rinse the plug and tip, use some canned air, dry overnight ... I do dry burn them quickly a few times at about 4.5v, be careful not to over-burn, plastic you know ... maybe use another shot of canned air before I fill them ... I rotate them with juice to make sure the wicks are completely soaked ... I've cleaned some 3 times now and they keep on working

I have had ocassional leaking problems with these when new, but the more they are used and cleaned, the less they leak, at least in my experience ymmv ... I don't change flavors often and I've used one for 2 weeks straight with no leaks ... the important thing is do not over-fill, 3/4 is about the limit ... don't get juice in the center tube, that's for air only ... I drip from the bottle, directly into one of the crescent shaped openings, if I get air bubbles, a sraightened paper clip bursts 'em

some vendors say they have improved ones that don't leak, or as often ... if that hype is to be believed ... I have some of the early ones and after cleaning they work fine ... imo, they are about as good as any other similar carto, cheap and expendable, as are all cartos

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I use clearos all the time and actually havent had one die yet. I use all high VG juice so they get gunked up pretty quick. When I first get CE2s (i use ecigexpress or totally wicked), i pull out the mouthpiece and both the inner plugs because to me they are just in my way lol. Then i fluff up the wicks on either side and slide the juice down the side from the bottle. When they get kinda gunky, i rinse them in hot water and then soak them like all day in 100 proof vodka. Then i pull em out and let them dry completely.

I have visions too that have that crescent shaped plug with the little nipple in the middle that the mouthpiece goes on. That piece will come out too. Then i clean them the same way, rinse and then soak in vodka.

Account closed on request

I believe you cannot blow the old juice out with a rinse like with a cartomizer, i did that to 3 of my clearos and it led to them all leaking very badly, and had to throw them out. Is the key with clearos just to rinse and let them dry? Instead of blowing the juice out?

Please detail exactly how to clean them!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by NoobPatrol View Post
    I believe you cannot blow the old juice out with a rinse like with a cartomizer, i did that to 3 of my clearos and it led to them all leaking very badly, and had to throw them out. Is the key with clearos just to rinse and let them dry? Instead of blowing the juice out?

Please detail exactly how to clean them!
    Blowing them out shouldn't cause them to leak. The only way they can leak is if liquid gets in the center tube unless it's leaking around the the outter tube fitting and that has not been a problem with mine since they went with the thicker tube.

People will have their own method for cleaning. I remove the tube and rinse under warm or hot water. Then I lay the carto down flat on a towel or napkin and fold the towel over the carto and lightly press, being careful not to disturb the wicks to much, this draws most of the water out of the wick. Then I do a dry burn which removes any remaining water. Put the tube back on, fill with liquid and it's ready to go.

Super Member ECF Veteran sethkal's Avatar

if using fluxomizers, there are plenty of videos on gotvapes or youtube about how to clean them!
    Real simple!

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I use Vision Egos now only cart I think ill ever use again. Great vapor production no leaks and i mean none. It has a screw down mouth piece. I would love to know how to clean these though and if you can replace the wicking material and the essential attie wire inside the carto. Anyone ???

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I have the stardust, the vision stone II and the extreme vision and the best way I have found is to remove top cap remove top notched flange (tweezers help with this) fill with warm distilled water hold your thumb over top shake it for a few minutes drain and repeat one two more times. I then place upside down on some paper towel as to allow the moisture to drip out and leave for a few days. Dry burn if you want as well if you are concerned about mold growth.
    Last edited by barqs; 03-11-2012 at 08:05 AM.

Super Member ECF Veteran erictho's Avatar

holy man! it has been a while since i have made this thread. i was using the 3.5ml vision clearomizers and i've totally given up on them, they're not for me.
    they were alright, but i just dismantled them and rinsed them with water, then dried overnight when i was still using them.
    part of my daily or every two day routine was to dismantle the mouthpiece and the notched plug and giving them a quick rinse.
    i had my first set of 5 last me 2 months of a decent enough vape output.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12