Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Cleaning Ego-C

Full Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Question Cleaning Ego-C

How do you clean your ego-c attys? The same as your ego t? Also, do you need to clean the ring that holds the atty to the tube?

Also, can one make another wick?

Thanks, I am a newbie (only a couple months vaping, and smoke free since Christmas!)

ECF Veteran

No one?

Full Member ECF Veteran sheik124's Avatar

It's very similar to cleaning the eGo-T. Take the cone apart, and get the atomizer head out. Use a flathead screwdriver or similar tool to remove the top plate with the wick. Rinse both pieces, try and blow the water off. Use a lighter to burn the wick until it's clean. Put only the bottom end (coil) of the atomizer head back into the cone, and dry-burn it in short 1-2 seconds bursts until all the crud burns off. Rinse it again, blow it out, give it another short 1-2 seconds burst. Prime the coil and the wick with a drop of the e-liquid you're going to use, put it all back together. The wickplate should be perpendicular to the coil, so if the coil is going this way - make sure the wick plate is going this way |.

I read similar instructions here but couldn't find them again, if I've made a mistake, someone please correct me.
    Shaka Zuluf and krazyglue like this.

Super Member ECF Veteran sammy43's Avatar

Here is the eGo-C atty cleaning process I use.
    sheik124 and krazyglue like this.

eVic with eGo-C LR 1.8 ohm

ECF Veteran

Thank you so much!

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Hi Krazy,
    I pop out the atty module, drop it into a film cannister, fill 3/4 full of the hottest water that the kitchen tap provides, and shake the piss out of it for 10 seconds. I do this 3 times then blow thru the bottom (non-pointy) end, and set it in a shallow dish on the windowsill for a few days. As we have 5 attys with the kit initially, we can rinse and rotate our attys and always have at least two waiting for us. Yay!

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I do plan to use Sammy's process every 3-4 rinses though. It's simple, effective, and requires no special equipment except a jeweler's screwdriver and a sharp mind. Hell, even a dull old soldier's mind like mine can understand it
    Thanks Sammy!

Super Member ECF Veteran sammy43's Avatar

Foxfur - Glad it is working for you. I have really enjoyed the eGo-C! Vaping some NLV Bounty Hunter on a 2 month old atty right now.

eVic with eGo-C LR 1.8 ohm

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

I'm not suggesting anyone do this, but I had good luck with this. I almost everytime clean the cone with dry Q-tips when refilling the tank (Under the atty base, the well for the battery, and inside the cone). Every few days, I use vodka on the Q-tip to do this (Cleaning the threads w/ one end, drying w/ the other end). When inserting the tank, I insert horizontal and when it connects I rotate it one full turn (In this way you get a secure seal with no leaks). On an older atty (Close to a week, or when I notice poor vaping), I just fill a tank about half way with vodka only (No e-juice; Rinse and dry the tank before inserting the vodka) and vape (Don't inhale). Once done, I remove the cartridge and do a few dry burns without the tank. Rinse the tank and thoroughly dry again (I dab everything cone and all with a dry Q-tip again). Return to normal (Fill tank with e-juice). Works for me.
    Foxfur likes this.

Full Member ECF Veteran

Hmm ...

Sheikhs method ... It seems the atty is cleaned pretty good but sometimes I get a little burned taste straight from the start ...

Maybe because I am not priming the coil and wick.

Now what I am starting to suspect is, that the first puffs are extremely important at this atty. Is it possible that if you wick it to much by cold puffs that you get slightly burned hits straight from the start?

Its weird cause sometimes it burns clean and sometimes burned right from the first puffs of a cleaned atty.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast