Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By John1952
  • 2 Post By ingerri
  • 1 Post By recidivus

Thread: Whats the best way to clean a Clearomizer

Full Member ECF Veteran Medieval Barber's Avatar

Default Whats the best way to clean a Clearomizer

I have two Vision ego clearomizer tanks, what is the best way to clean them, I tried cleaning one with Vodka shaking it around in side then trying to do a dry burn, but it still does not work to peak efficiency. The other one I have not cleaned, have had both for about a week and a half, I would love them both to last me about a month. I have read some posts about using water too, but what kind only distilled or is tap OK.

P.S. also have a little atty cleaner left in a 3 ml bottle.

Senior Member ECF Veteran

In my experience (based on about 10), you don't clean them. You throw them away.

Others claim to have success, but nothing I tried has worked for me. At one point, I thought Clearomizers were the answer. Now I'm back to cartos.
    SilverBear likes this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

on my clearo's i carefully wiggle the tube from the base and remove. then rinse out the tube, and inner "workings", and wicks. dab wicks partially dry(carefully) and dry burn and put back together. thats the great thing about them they are cleanable and i get 3-4wks out of one by doing this. there are videos on youtube if the directions alone dont help
    bacc.vap and robtest like this.
    Last tc taken 6/23/12

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    ECF Veteran

I've only cleaned out 3 now, but here goes. First up, I don't follow all the directions online to a tee.

Now then, on with the goods.

I unscrew the mouthpiece, empty whatever I can by tipping it (usually syrupy at this point so not much flows). Using a 5ml juice thingy, I fill the clearo around half way with warm water, shake a little (the clearo, I only shake my booty on the dance floor), and empty. Fill with warm water again, and shake more vigorously for around 15 seconds now that the thick stuff is mostly out. I do this 2-3 times till the water runs mostly clear. Here's where I divert a little...

I blow on mouthpiece end into a paper towel a la cartomizers. Do around 5-10 dry burns to get most of the water out, but I don't get too crazy. Once most of the steam stops coming out (usually starts at around 5th) and the smell of old juice is faint, I just fill it and let it stand for a few minutes. The first few pulls are sub-optimal, but after 5 or so long pulls it's back to business.

All in all, other than letting it stand a bit, it takes ~3 minutes to do the procedure and doesn't take any extra tools. It's not as thorough as most of the vids I've seen, but it works well enough. Very little hassle involved, no pulling things apart and getting them back together. I haven't had one die on me yet, but have only been using them ~2 weeks.
    knitcrotatter likes this.

Take the mouth piece off, put the clearomizer in a pot of boiling water for 30 second intervals until it looks like new set out to dry then fill. After doing this a couple time it should be like new, that's how I clean mine. "Note that if you do this, have something to elevate the clearomizer off the bottom of the pan if you don't it could melt the plastic case."

Full Member Verified Member tsk138's Avatar

I've got about 20 of these and have been able to clean them successfully.
    First, I will fill them with hot water about 10-20 times, covering the opening and shaking them before dumping the water out.
    Second, I will soak them in Everclear for 12 to 24 hours and then fling out as much alcohol as I can.
    Let them dry for 12 to 24 hours or until no more condensation is visible.
    Worked on everyone one so far.
    Same goes for the replaceable attys.....think I will try boiling them a few times and then the Everclear soak to see how well that works this weekend.

Just make sure they are dry before trying to use them.

Ultra Member Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by tsk138 View Post
    Just make sure they are dry before trying to use them.
    Why do they have to be completely dry before you use them again?
    Perhaps a silly question but I wouldn't ask if knew the answer.

Full Member Verified Member

If I am not mistaken, what ever liquid that you use to clean it with, dilutes the flavor/ juice of the cig.