Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The ECF Troubleshooting Guide - Revision 3

PV Master ECF Veteran Jim Davis's Avatar

Default The ECF Troubleshooting Guide - Revision 3

ECF Members;

The ECF Troubleshooting Guide has been revised with added tips and was created to help both new and old members find and correct problems which may arrive using your E-Cigs. This is a downloadable file that you can download, and have in your computer for future reference. This is a .PDF file and consists of four (4) pages. It covers factory recommendations, how to use a digital multimeter, troubleshooting information and e-liquid tips and information. Simply click on the link, click on ôSave" and save it to your computer. The file has been scanned, and is virus free. Good luck, and happy vaping.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Jim Davis; 11-26-2009 at 09:13 PM.

ECF Guru

Excellent Jim---thanks for putting it together and getting it posted--appreciated.

Sun

Default Thanks!

Jim.....Very nice effort...Something good for new and old members alike! you are a good guy!The Wiz!
    Whiskey 2010-2012 Thanks for the Shot!l

Ultra Member ECF Veteran

I'll 2nd that..

Default Battery problems

I bought an e cig from a company in the uk called miniciggy.com. Although I'm very happy with it I've had problems with the batteries. In 2 weeks I've gone through 5 batteries. I get a new one, charge it up and it works fine. Then for some reason it stops vaporising. The LED still lights up when you draw on it and the charger light is green indicating the battery is fully charged. I have 3 chargers and 2 atomisers so it can't be any of those.
    Why does this keep happening. The company just offers to replace them but it doesn't solve the problem. My latest battery stopped working after I put it on charge before it was empty. Could this be the problem? Do these batteries have a cut out switch? If so can I reset them in some way? Help

Quote Originally Posted by mrchrees View Post
    I bought an e cig from a company in the uk called miniciggy.com. Although I'm very happy with it I've had problems with the batteries. In 2 weeks I've gone through 5 batteries. I get a new one, charge it up and it works fine. Then for some reason it stops vaporising. The LED still lights up when you draw on it and the charger light is green indicating the battery is fully charged. I have 3 chargers and 2 atomisers so it can't be any of those.
    Why does this keep happening. The company just offers to replace them but it doesn't solve the problem. My latest battery stopped working after I put it on charge before it was empty. Could this be the problem? Do these batteries have a cut out switch? If so can I reset them in some way? Help
    Download the troubleshooting file, and use the step by step guide. You may want to print it to make it easier. If you still have problems, or don't understand something, jump back in here, and we'll do our best to get you on the right track.
    Cheers;
    jd

Default 901 battery problems

Quote Originally Posted by mrchrees View Post
    Having same problem with 901 batteries. Lost 5 in 6 days.
    Did you ever figure out problem?

Are you screwing the battery into the charger too tight? Too tight can push the center button contact into the battery so it won't contact the atomizer. Full battery, LED lights, but no vapor. Check the contact. Step by step instructions in the troubleshooting guide.

Super Member ECF Veteran Superstargoddess's Avatar

Very helpful, it helped with the problem that I was having. It seemed that I had to drag terribly hard and wasn't getting much vapor after only 3 days of having this new PV. Cleaning with Alcohol helped a good bit, and I think that right now it is just repriming itself from being cleaned. If I have more problems, I will try the more extreme measures or ask a question. Thanks!

Senior Member ECF Veteran

thanks for posting this! just ordered the meter.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast