Urgent petition for EU Public Consultation - please sign
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Urgent petition for EU Public Consultation - please sign

Senior Member ECF Veteran

Exclamation Urgent petition for EU Public Consultation - please sign

Hi, all,

ECITA has launched a petition today to garner support for appropriate and correct regulation of electronic cigarettes as General Sales Products, and NOT as medicinal products or as tobacco products.

You can find the petition here: Welcome to ECITA, the Electronic Cigarette Industry Trade Association

We hope to roll this out across the European Union, and then present this petition to the European Commission as part of our submissions to this consultation process.

Please lend your support and sign this petition to protect your freedom to choose vaping!

Many thanks,

Katherine
    ECITA

CASAA Activist Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

I was #41.

----
    Support CASAA -http://www.casaa.org/Donate_LKWE.html ---

Thanks, Elaine. Please spread the word. I am hoping that once we get Europe and the WHO sorted, we can target the US - State by State if we have to! - and spread the gospel of common sense! Hoorah!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Word being spread - off to post a link to the petition in my forum.

Excellent! Thank you all. It appears to be gathering a good head of steam - we're up to 64 already, and every time I check it, it's gone up! Superb!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Come on folks, it only takes a few seconds to sign this petition.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Oh. I signed this a long time ago. Also I'm in the process of forming a national non profit association here in Norway. In the start phase, registering the org. these days.

I really wish there was a parallel organization to casaa and ecca for the european countries.
    Last edited by arbogast; 12-11-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Hi, all,

Apparently, there has been some confusion about this petition. Sorry for not getting in touch sooner about this!

From the outset, the idea was to set up the petition and gain as many signatories as possible in time for whenever the EU decided to look at electronic cigarettes in terms of their regulation. As of today, the petition has 12,233 signatures, which is a tremendous achievement. Mercifully, new signatories are still being added every day.

Well, the moment is coming... SOON! We have been invited to meet with Commissioner Dalli at the European Commission on 7th March in Brussels, when he is having a meeting to discuss the proposed revisions to the Tobacco Products Directive. This will include his consideration of electronic cigarettes in that context, hence our having been invited to attend.

This is it, folks! I shall be able to personally deliver our petition directly to the Commissioner, precisely at the moment when he is looking at how electronic cigarettes should be regulated. (We shall, of course, be offering him our solution to that very issue at the same time, and have high hopes that we shall be successful in keeping ecigs out of tobacco classification for Europe, as well as clear of medicinal classification.)

So now is the time to sign - please! If you agree with the sentiments expressed in the petition, please do get on and sign it. This is one petition which is genuinely going to get to the intended recipient, at precisely the relevant moment. The wheels of government grind VERY slowly, particularly at the level of the EU, but this works in our favour - in so many ways - not least because the petition has had time to gather some serious momentum.

It's not too late! Please sign it, if you want the freedom to choose for yourself!

Many thanks, and happy vaping!

Katherine
    Tom09 and Frody like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Just signed it. Took 3 attempts to do so though. Dont know why.

Smoke free since Mai 22/2011

Thank you Katherine for the update.

Great chance..
    Last edited by Frody; 03-02-2012 at 10:10 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast