Petition: Democratic (or ex-Dem) voters to Democratic Party: STOP THAT! - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Petition: Democratic (or ex-Dem) voters to Democratic Party: STOP THAT!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fogging_katrider View Post
    duplicating this thread title across several websites, not just vape sites, and then searching for it regularly on google and other engines would probably generate massive hits.

You can also add a big list of keywords in non visible white text to the opening post so search engines hit it more :-)
    Then I need a different thread title. "STOP THAT" could mean anything outside the context of vaping forums.

Democrats: Stop demonizing vapers!

Democrats: Stop demonizing e-cigs!

Democrats: Stop twisting e-cig science!

Democrats: Stop the anti-science anti-ecig ideology!

???
    “When you choose an action, you choose the consequences of that action. When you desire a consequence you had damned well better take the action that would create it.”
    Lois McMaster Bujold, Memory

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Berylanna View Post
    Received email we're up to 64 in just a couple of days. Nice, for just ECF and FB. I'm trying to think of something creative to do to get it to spread like a chain letter, let me know if you think of something....I don't think a national party will be scared of losing 64 voters.
    I just shared this to a couple of vaping groups on Facebook. I'd urge others to do the same!
    Berylanna and aikanae1 like this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Coelli View Post
    I just shared this to a couple of vaping groups on Facebook. I'd urge others to do the same!
    Thanks!

I'd like some votes on my suggested topic lines, the idea is for them to show up on web searches and be obvious as to real topic.

(Alternative suggested short 1-liners also SERIOUSLY welcomed!)
    “When you choose an action, you choose the consequences of that action. When you desire a consequence you had damned well better take the action that would create it.”

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Berylanna View Post
    Received email we're up to 64 in just a couple of days. Nice, for just ECF and FB. I'm trying to think of something creative to do to get it to spread like a chain letter, let me know if you think of something....I don't think a national party will be scared of losing 64 voters.
    ECF is not the only ecig forum. There are several others. Reddit electronic cigarettes forum I think is larger than ECF and very proactive. There's a ton of vendors participating there. Another avenue is to post on "Deals and Steals" which is Vapor Joes Facebook forum. I personally have seen over 1,000 hits just from a single post there. It's a closed group, so let me know if you need someone to post it there for you and I'll do it.

It's a well written appeal, so don't be shy about it. Submit it to several shows and review sites. Spinfuel, Steve K's, Mod Envy, Gimme Green, and there's probably a good 20+ more. I'm sure Calivapers would have an interest too. Also target some California vendors; Sun-Vapes, Nude Nicotine, Envision, there's another nic vendor that I can never remember. Tons of b&m's that you can send a message to through Facebook. If only 1/4 of them chose to participate, that's a lot. I'd also look at location specific vape meets. Most of them have a Facebook presence. You'd want to contact the administrator for permission to post first with local groups. There's a number of states with a heightened awareness of regulations that would affect them; it looks like Oregon and Rhode Island are under attack - start there. Oregon is a blue state (currently).

I'm just brainstorming here. I don't know about Google but I know there are ways to get it near the top based on keywords, etc.

My general observation is that Dem's are "spineless" which IMO is sometimes a good thing. If there is popular pressure, they will back off. They are more committed to "science" (Waxmen = Union of Concerned Scientists, however he is retiring this year). Wyland (D-Or) has taken a strong stance against corporate interests with net neutrality / copyright issues. All it takes is reaching one with the truth. In Az, we've been semi-protected by the owner of NJoy (of all people) who is very active in state lobbying efforts. The "public health" advocates were nullified against his lobby. Strange bedfellows.

California's got an advocate with addiction experts. Ask them to help.

Like I said, I'm just brainstorming. All ideas are wothwhile at this point. What I think it's going to come down to is that each one of us need to become lobbyists and that includes making courtesy visits to local representives in person. Maybe carry a few starter kits to hand out to staffers that might be still smoking with a stack of business cards from b&m's offering eliquids. The cigar lobby acheived an excemption in the past by appearing at fundraising events, visiting reps and handing out cigars - which somehow proved they were a "handcrafted" item vs. mass produced item from tobacco corporations. It appears to have worked. The ecig industry needs to seperate itself from tobacco corporations in this case. They do not represent vapers and should not be the only voice at the table - which right now it appears they are.
    Last edited by aikanae1; 02-12-2014 at 05:12 PM.
    Berylanna likes this.
    "Don't blink."

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by aikanae1 View Post
    ECF is not the only ecig forum. There are several others. Reddit electronic cigarettes forum I think is larger than ECF and very proactive. There's a ton of vendors participating there. Another avenue is to post on "Deals and Steals" which is Vapor Joes Facebook forum. I personally have seen over 1,000 hits just from a single post there. It's a closed group, so let me know if you need someone to post it there for you and I'll do it.
    I shared it to the Deals and Steals FB page, and the L.A. Vaper's Club group. However, the more the merrier, and bumps on the Deals and Steals post (or other people posting it) would be helpful.
    aikanae1 likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Should I get a short url for it? ( Hmm, the name of the place to get those is censored out of ECF, wonder why?)
    aikanae1 likes this.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Coelli View Post
    I shared it to the Deals and Steals FB page, and the L.A. Vaper's Club group. However, the more the merrier, and bumps on the Deals and Steals post (or other people posting it) would be helpful.
    supply an url and I'll help keep it bumped.
    Maybe we should make a list of url's to pm to anyone willing (include other vapor forums)
    Just a thought.

I have posted alerts in local vape meet groups and threads I'm active on and the results are complacent, apathetic, uninterested; "I'm not political" responses. What in the world is going through the heads of these ppl? It doesn't stop me, but geesh.
    Last edited by aikanae1; 02-12-2014 at 08:10 PM.
    Berylanna likes this.
    "Don't blink."

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by aikanae1 View Post
    supply an url and I'll help keep it bumped.
    Maybe we should make a list of url's to pm to anyone willing (include other vapor forums)
    Just a thought.

I have posted alerts in local vape meet groups and threads I'm active on and the results are complacent, apathetic, uninterested; "I'm not political" responses. What in the world is going through the heads of these ppl? It doesn't stop me, but geesh.
    Well, if they don't vote, then 1. They cannot threaten the Dems with switching and 2. They don't deserve access to eliquids.

Senior Member Verified Member

Voters Threaten To Leave DNC Over E-Cig Demagoguery : Sign The Petition
    Voters Threaten To Leave DNC Over E-Cig Lies : Sign The Petition

DNC Demagoguery About E-cigs. Voters Threaten Boycott of Party : Sign The Petition
    DNC Lies About E-Cigs Must Stop. Voters Threaten To Boycott Party : Sign The Petition

Voters Ask DNC To Tell The Truth About E-Cigs : Voters Threatening To Leave : Sign The Petition
    Voters Ask DNC Not To Keep Telling Lies About E-Cigs : Voters Threatening To Leave : Sign The Petition

"Well... There they Go Again"... DNC Telling Lies About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition
    "Well... There They Go Again"... DNC Demagoguery About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition

DNC Practicing "Cig-A-Scare" Telling Lies About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition
    DNC Demagogues At It Again. Voters Ask Party To Tell The Truth About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition

DNC Demagoguery Against Life Saving E-Cigs Voters Outraged : Sign The Petition
    DNC Lieing About Smokeless Cigarettes may Cost Thousands Of Lives : Sign The Petition

Voters Say DNC Lies About E-Cigs Could Kill Thousands : Sign The Petition
    Voters Want DNC To Tell The Truth on E-Cigs : Sign The Petition

Voters Upset About DNC Legislation Asking Party To Tell The Truth About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition
    Voters Upset About DNC Demogoguery This Time It's About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition

Democrat Voters Upset Over DNC Lies About E-Cigs : Sign The Petition
    Democrat Voters Upset Over DNC E-Cig Demagoguery : Sign The Petition

The DNC Wants E-Cig Users To Die Voters Upset : Sign The Petition
    DNC Puts A Hit Out Against E-Cig Users Voters Upset : Sign The Petition
    Why Is The DNC Telling Lies About Life Saving Smokeless Cigarettes : Sign The Petition
    New Odorless Smokeless Cigarettes Could Save Lives And The DNC Could Care Less : Sign The Petition

Or something along those lines. You do want the title to be provocative so readers will have a "Whatta Eff" reaction which will attract attention to the cause.

I'll try to come up with a big fat text block of meta data keywords and pm them to you later Berylanna

hth,
    Jon
    Last edited by fogging_katrider; 02-12-2014 at 10:33 PM.
    Uma, Berylanna, aikanae1 and 2 others like this.

Done plus Tweeted
    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast