Petition: Democratic (or ex-Dem) voters to Democratic Party: STOP THAT!
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree146Likes

Thread: Petition: Democratic (or ex-Dem) voters to Democratic Party: STOP THAT!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Default Petition: Democratic (or ex-Dem) voters to Democratic Party: STOP THAT!

http://www.change.org/petitions/demo...-e-cigarettes?

It broke my heart to leave the Democratic party, I feel so so betrayed. But observing when I go to legislative bodies to speak, it looks to me like the officeholders are looking at 2014, not at the long-term interests of either me or their own party.

So I figure the strategists might be easier to alert that they're shooting themselves in the foot, and I started this petition, which I'll have to call and fax into various National, State, and Local party headquarters when it's got a lot of signatures.

I probably won't have time to hit all 50 states and major counties, so once it's got a lot of sigs I might ask for help contacting some branches.

Thanks.
    wv2win, Katya, Luisa and 8 others like this.
    “When you choose an action, you choose the consequences of that action. When you desire a consequence you had damned well better take the action that would create it.”
    Lois McMaster Bujold, Memory

Ultra Member* Verified Member
    Supporting Member

Signed!

Very well written, too!

Senior Member Verified Member

Great idea Berylanna

But I highly doubt it will get much traction with the DNC as they stand to gain more votes from all the do gooders and socker moms that fall for the old nonsense about the "Democrats" being for the common man and against big business horse pookie they usually spout to the youngsters and other numbskulls who dont posess the ability to think for themselves. The vaping community is just another group of smokers that are better off dieing from cigarette smoke as far as they're concerned. Goes along with them (the dnc led the way on fsc legislation and still they do) making cigarettes several times more poisonous when they made FSC mandatory in several states and still push for it on a federal level even though its been proven to make cigarettes several times more deadly. Fact is smokers are labrats better off dead and they dont care about health or reducing the skyrocketing costs of healthcare. Ecigs are a healthy alternative to cigarettes but we represent a roadblock along the path for the nanny party.

I will sign the petition but for several reasons not worth mentioning, I could never find myself falling for their bleeding heart lies or voting for one over the past forty plus years. They are just so full of crap and transparent on most issues that I actually feel sorry for the fools who fall for their daily party line sound bytes.

Anyway, good luck with the petition and I sincerely hope it has some impact on the party stance. If it affects just one big d politition, then it was worth doing and I believe it will at least do that.

PV Master Supporting Member kathi17's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I signed it. I used to be an independent voter, but I switched to being a republican several years ago, when the dems moved into Maine from out of state, and started making things very difficult for real Mainers.
    wv2win, zapped, Stosh and 1 others like this.

ECF Veteran

Well written! this is EXACTLY how I feel word for word! Though, I lost hope in the petition process thanks to the White House, I have signed and am with you on this one
    Anjaffm likes this.
    VAPE PROUD!

Super Member Verified Member DJLEC's Avatar

I signed and Many Thanks for this.

Truly hoping there are a large number of Signatures for you.
    Anjaffm likes this.

Uma
    PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by 2coils View Post
    Well written! this is EXACTLY how I feel word for word! Though, I lost hope in the petition process thanks to the White House, I have signed and am with you on this one
    I ditto the thumbs up and echo a big thanks for this too, Berylana.

2coils, I noticed something the other day, that might be of interest. The we the people petitions that were responded to had more than one or two petitions per subject. Perhaps we vapers need to ramp it up over there. .
    In fact, more opposition or support to other petitions wouldn't hurt either. I would start one, but it would be my luck id have to talk or something of leadership quality, & I don't do talking. I do typos only. Typos are nice.
    Last edited by Uma; 02-10-2014 at 03:56 PM.
    2coils and aikanae1 like this.
    UNITED WE STAND... divided we fall.
    Join http://casaa.org & protect your right to vape

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by fogging_katrider View Post
    Great idea Berylanna

But I highly doubt it will get much traction with the DNC as they stand to gain more votes from all the do gooders and socker moms that fall for the old nonsense about the "Democrats" being for the common man and against big business horse pookie they usually spout to the youngsters and other numbskulls who dont posess the ability to think for themselves.

Anyway, good luck with the petition and I sincerely hope it has some impact on the party stance. If it affects just one big d politition, then it was worth doing and I believe it will at least do that.
    Look at Oklahoma, Utah and Kentucky. Conservatives have been sec-nannies for decades, now some of them are nannying on this subject, too.

And I cannot imaging ONE bleeding-heart switching from Democrat to Republican if the Democrats stop supporting the ANTZ. Green, maybe, but that's not who the Dem strategists are afraid of. THAT is why this is targeted at strategists (who presumably have time to think, since they're not running for office or vote-trading for their bills) ...this is a strategic mistake for Democrats.

BUT I do NOT think the Democrats are the only ones. They are just the only ones with whom I, personally, feel like an insider and therefore able to speak as one. If you are a conservative by nature, write one for THEM. If you're a Doctor, write to the AMA. If you're a firefighter, write to Public Safety organizations.

The point of this is NOT that the Dems are the only culprits, it's that they are MY culprits.
    Uma, Stosh, oplholik and 4 others like this.
    “When you choose an action, you choose the consequences of that action. When you desire a consequence you had damned well better take the action that would create it.”
    Lois McMaster Bujold, Memory

Ultra Member Supporting Member Roger_Lafayette's Avatar

Done.

Good job
    Don't WAIT until the FDA takes away your right to vape! Join CASAA: a vaper's rights industry-UNaffiliated CHARITY w/ NO PAID STAFF, that has stopped bans on sales of vaping supplies & much more. Join FREE, info. is confidential: http://www.casaa.org/Become_a_Member.html

Pride Male Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Berylanna View Post

The point of this is NOT that the Dems are the only culprits, it's that they are MY culprits.

Absolutely spot on. Nice work on this topic.

Hopefully it can serve to inspire others to push their culprits as well.
    Uma, Berylanna and KY_Rob like this.

There are no men like me. There’s only me.
    ---Jaime Lannister

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast