HELP!! Sign this petition to raise awareness of ecig bans!!
Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast

Thread: HELP!! Sign this petition to raise awareness of ecig bans!!

PV Master Vaping Advocate
    ECF Veteran

Exclamation HELP!! Sign this petition to raise awareness of ecig bans!!

Link: EcigsSaveLives.info

Closes 9/01/2010!!

1. Fill in the petition form & leave a comment
    2. Click the link in the email confirmation you'll receive (check your spam folder)
    3. Check for your signature/comment here: http://actsmoking.epetitions.net/sig...tition_id=1206
    4. Link to it on your Facebook, MySpace, Blog, Twitter
    5. Forward it to all of your friends, family and coworkers who support you (remind them how ecigs are helping you stay off cigarettes), for them to sign!!
    6. THEN print out the PDF version, sign it, stuff it in an envelope and send it by snail mail to each person in the list at the bottom!!

Online petitions often are ineffective, because they are often poorly written, don't give facts, don't target the right people, aren't ever delivered by hand and don't validate emails. Also, online petitions are often called "slacktivism" because no one does the follow up work.

DON'T BE A SLACKTIVIST!

This petition is designed with the advice from advocacy experts!! The petition + signatures and comments will be printed out and mailed to each person on the list. Email addresses must be confirmed by clicking a link in an email that will be sent after you sign. It's filled with FACTS to raise public awareness and education about ecigs.

JUST SIGNING THE PETITION YOURSELF ISN'T ENOUGH! YOU HAVE TO FORWARD IT & MAIL IT!!

Although we hope it will cause a change of policy, the single most important result of this petition is NOT changing policy - it's the PUBLIC AWARENESS that will be achieved as YOU post it on the internet and give the link to your sphere of influence (friends, family, coworkers).

ONE VOICE IS A WHISPER. MANY VOICES ARE A ROAR!

Link: EcigsSaveLives.info

ALSO! Don't forget about making a COMMENT on the AAPHP petitions to the FDA: AAPHP to the FDA - Talking points discussion for comments submissions
    Last edited by kristin; 04-30-2010 at 07:45 PM.

ECF Guru ECF Veteran

Very good Kristen,you work so hard.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Fantastic petition Kristin! I'm on my way to getting this done.

Quick note though, the Tell a Friend link shows as disabled. I don't have a problem linking it to my Facebook and Twitter but other people might. If there is any way to get those links up it would be appreciated.

Full Member ECF Veteran

/signed

Signed and hopefully confirmed. It didn't act like it worked right. Letters via snail mail to follow.

Nicely done Kristen

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by StormFinch View Post
    Fantastic petition Kristin! I'm on my way to getting this done.

Quick note though, the Tell a Friend link shows as disabled. I don't have a problem linking it to my Facebook and Twitter but other people might. If there is any way to get those links up it would be appreciated.
    It seems to be disabled on all the site's petitions right now. Must be a glitch, considering their FAQs section says "Tell a Friend" is the most important feature!! I've emailed tech support - thanks for the heads up!

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Safia View Post
    Signed and hopefully confirmed. It didn't act like it worked right. Letters via snail mail to follow.

Nicely done Kristen
    Do you see your name/comment here: http://actsmoking.epetitions.net/sig...tition_id=1206

If so, you're good to go!
    Last edited by kristin; 04-30-2010 at 07:41 PM.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Mod's should sticky this and post it at the top of the forum. Keep this link readily available for all new members and old members from now until 9/1. Hell, it should be sent in a welcome message to all new members.

This is important.

PV Master ECF Veteran

"Thank you, Your email address has verified your electronic signature "

Done and Done.

BCB

Done. Will send letters later when I have access to a printer. Thanks for the great work!

Page 1 of 69 123451151 ... LastLast