1. Fill in the petition form & leave a comment
2. Click the link in the email confirmation you'll receive (check your spam folder)
3. Check for your signature/comment here: http://actsmoking.epetitions.net/sig...tition_id=1206
4. Link to it on your Facebook, MySpace, Blog, Twitter
5. Forward it to all of your friends, family and coworkers who support you (remind them how ecigs are helping you stay off cigarettes), for them to sign!!
6. THEN print out the PDF version, sign it, stuff it in an envelope and send it by snail mail to each person in the list at the bottom!!
Online petitions often are ineffective, because they are often poorly written, don't give facts, don't target the right people, aren't ever delivered by hand and don't validate emails. Also, online petitions are often called "slacktivism" because no one does the follow up work.
DON'T BE A SLACKTIVIST!
This petition is designed with the advice from advocacy experts!! The petition + signatures and comments will be printed out and mailed to each person on the list. Email addresses must be confirmed by clicking a link in an email that will be sent after you sign. It's filled with FACTS to raise public awareness and education about ecigs.
JUST SIGNING THE PETITION YOURSELF ISN'T ENOUGH! YOU HAVE TO FORWARD IT & MAIL IT!!
Although we hope it will cause a change of policy, the single most important result of this petition is NOT changing policy - it's the PUBLIC AWARENESS that will be achieved as YOU post it on the internet and give the link to your sphere of influence (friends, family, coworkers).
ONE VOICE IS A WHISPER. MANY VOICES ARE A ROAR!
ALSO! Don't forget about making a COMMENT on the AAPHP petitions to the FDA: AAPHP to the FDA - Talking points discussion for comments submissions