It's not my story but, I helped.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: It's not my story but, I helped.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Default It's not my story but, I helped.

At the time of this thread or story, I've been vaping close to 8 weeks, now. I've turned a close friend of mine on to the whole idea and he's thankful for it. Although, he still isn't totally tobacco free, he is down to a cig or two a day. Not bad, huh?
    He says he still has got to have one analog every morning with his coffee.

What I want to really write about is the little old lady that lives upstairs from me. She's seen me vape and has been curious about the whole thing so, upon answering her questions, I never once mentioned the words, 'E-Cigarette'. I called it my Personal Vaporizer or Vaping Device, a PV.
    I explained the whole operation to her and how it works including taking it apart and showing her the 'nuts & bolts' of what a PV is all about.

A few days later, she calls me up to her apt to help her out with a computer problem she has (I'm the PC guru in the building, BTW. Been messing around with these things since '88.) and, after solving that issue, she asks about my PV again because I've been vaping all the time I've been working on her PC. She, in turn, has been smoking. YUK! It stunk, too. LOLOL

Now that the hook was set, it was time to reel her in... LOL
    I jumped to YouTube and pulled up a couple good E-Cig reviews and, by the time those were over, she wanted to try one. Sooooo, I let her try mine. A coffee & cream juice I just threw together and, she said, "This is just like smoking. Where do I buy one and what's it going to cost???".
    Sooooo, we then jumped to one of my favorite PV web sites and I showed her what I thought was right for her and, she bought one!

Now, to make a long story longer, it came in last Monday and we got together and went over the whole thing, tooth and nail. I showed her how to fill it and she couldn't squeeze the bottle very well. I can't either. They need to be made of a softer plastic.
    (Hey, you suppliers out there. Please use softer bottles for us old farts, would ya? Thank you.)
    It's now Saturday and I thought I'd run upstairs to give her a bottle of juice I don't want in a softer bottle. Something easier to squeeze.

Here comes the good part and the finale, folks...
    She says, "Thank you. Guess what? I haven't had a cigarette since last Monday."
    I almost cried. I did give her a big hug and congratulated her, though.

We got another one converted... You tobacco companies had better watch out. You're treading on thin ice, fellas...

Anybody else want to share their helping hand story???

Happy vaping!
    Last edited by thegrindre; 06-18-2011 at 11:03 PM.

Moved On ECF Veteran

congrats on helping someone else that may have truly needed it. I love stories like this..

ECF Guru ECF Veteran 36tinybells's Avatar

That's so awesome! You did a good thing!
    “There isn't a way things should be. There's just what happens, and what we do.”
    Terry Pratchett, A Hat Full of Sky

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Awesome...Thank you for sharing....Who says you can't teach us ole dogs new tricks!!!!!!

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Super story!! I loved reading it

It sounds like you truly helped her get away from the cigarettes. You should feel absolutely wonderful for doing it.

jj2
    Tigger Girl Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

What a great deed and a great story.

Super Member ECF Veteran studio52's Avatar

LOL...Thats cool. I have someone Im trying to convert, but not being pushy, just casually showing off different mods and flavor juices, so waiting for that big interest to occur.
    thegrindre likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by studio52 View Post
    LOL...Thats cool. I have someone Im trying to convert, but not being pushy, just casually showing off different mods and flavor juices, so waiting for that big interest to occur.
    No, not a good idea to push. Let them bring it up, that's when you know it'll work. Be patient...

Oh, I just stirred up some interest with my little brother. He wants to quit tobacco but not the habit. He loves smoking as I did.

Forum Supplier ECF Veteran ec!gg's Avatar

Good for you, glad you were able to help someone kick analogs. It was also very nice of you to take the time to check on her.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Sandrita's Avatar

Well done I love these stories you should be proud of yourself

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast