Like Tree131897Likes

Thread: House of Hybrids featuring the Zenesis PV

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

but that wasnt a no exactly...........hope is still there!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zen~ View Post
    The Standards are almost done being machined... just waiting on a couple parts and metal finishing.
    Ma'am likes this.

Vaping exclusively since Mother's Day 2011

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Man that Ti is/was tempting. It's just not in the cards for me.

I'll have a standard as soon as they're available. Oh and Z-atty-u.
    LOOK MA, NO STINKIES

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Drottwiler View Post
    I have designs on putting mine on one of my heaver woods.Just haven't decided which one yet.
    I can hook you up with a very cool, wood veneered, tube mod to put a Z atty on!
    Tammy

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran the ob's Avatar

I will certainly need a mini TI to match my standard.

hey zen, did bumpi get on that TI list?
    the domo made me do it.

ECF Veteran

Ok. I may be missing something, as I have been working in the desert for the last week or so and haven't been on this forum much. But the classified posting I saw was for a trade for a GG Ody. I never saw an asking price, so maybe I missed that. An Ody selling price with the expansion pack is about the same price as a Zenesis. Sure an Ody seems to command a higher price in the classifieds, but original pricing was about ~$130 + ~80 for the expansion. Plus, he states he has issues with his pinkies and his switch as his sell/trade reason. Also I see a mention that he doesn't have a new switch yet??? and is gonna send it on later. Why not and No thanks. Regardless, I just don't understand the criticisms to another vaper if they decide to trade or sell their Zenesis, no matter what the issue. Seeing such comments shows a side of people that is somewhat disappointing.
    The Vaper by Petar K, Orion, NGPs, Piccolo, "Pyrate", GGTS, ProVaris, Precious-L
    Z-atty-G ODY Spheroid DID-mini Lines A-2TM

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran the ob's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JollyRogers View Post
    Ok. I may be missing something, as I have been working in the desert for the last week or so and haven't been on this forum much. But the classified posting I saw was for a trade for a GG Ody. I never saw an asking price, so maybe I missed that. An Ody selling price with the expansion pack is about the same price as a Zenesis. Sure an Ody seems to command a higher price in the classifieds, but original pricing was about ~$130 + ~80 for the expansion. Plus, he states he has issues with his pinkies and his switch as his sell/trade reason. Also I see a mention that he doesn't have a new switch yet??? and is gonna send it on later. Why not and No thanks. Regardless, I just don't understand the criticisms to another vaper if they decide to trade or sell their Zenesis, no matter what the issue. Seeing such comments shows a side of people that is somewhat disappointing.
    I think people were upset because he listed the trade OR a asking price of 325.00 + shipping. I think that is the part that got people all riled up.

edit. He made another post saying that if he sold it, he would sell it for a fair price. I think that is fair. I respect that he changed that.
    Last edited by the ob; 04-10-2012 at 03:44 PM.
    willowize and Zen~ like this.
    the domo made me do it.

ECF Veteran

The classified is trade only now, The Zenesis for an Ody and an extension.

The seller stated that if he should sell it, he'll do it here at a fair price!!!! Very, very cool of him in my opinion!!!!
    Zen~, pchela, the ob and 1 others like this.
    Tammy

ECF Veteran

Good morning Zenfidels!! :]
    the ob likes this.
    "Free speech does not mean unopposed speech." - Daniel Crimmins

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Zen~ View Post
    I remember about a year and a half ago, people posting in the classifieds that they would pay over 200 dollars for a rio mini or grand... and over 300 for an Ali i'... I've also sen hard to get GG parts and PVs selling for 3X what they sold for originally.

And if somebody wants to put a "wanted to buy" ad for that amount, then that's up to them. It's their money.

While I am flattered that somebody is willing to pay 100 bucks MORE than I charge for a PV, I truly feel that if somebody is SO impatient that they would pay a premium to own one, then I benefit by the perception that these have INCREDIBLE resale value.

But there were a dozen people trying to help him get that working... And he lacked the patience to work through it. And of that dozen, I'm pretty sure over HALF of them would have GLADLY given him the money to take it off his hands and I offered him a full refund, because it was clear he was just miserable with the thing... his response was "I'm not giving up yet... I'll get it working"

I view this as spitting in the face of the community that tried to help him...

That being said... it's his PV... he is welcome to dispose of it in any way he chooses.

The day will come when we see a $750.00 Titanium Standard in the Classifieds... Brace yourself for it.
    First thing - the 'for sale' price I put in there at $325 was NOT serious (I was half lit at the time) - all I really want is an Ody+expansion, nothing else, which is a very fair trade. In fact, I'll be losing money on the deal.

I meant no offense to Zen or his awesomely engineered device. The Zenesis is a beautiful device, very well thought out and designed - it's just not for me. Even if I could get it to vape right (which I can't), there are two other issues that would make me give it up anyway: I simply can't use the bottom button - too painful for me (previously dislocated pinkies, carpel tunnel), AND the top cap being held on by only an o-ring - this is just not secure enough for the way I carry my PVs.

I do appreciate, and followed, all of the advice I got in this thread. It is very appreciated, apparently I just couldn't 'get it'. I just finally got so frustrated last night I put it up for trade 'cause my wife wants an Ody for her Stealth. The Ody just works for me. Perfect vapor and flavor every single time. Yes, it takes me awhile longer to build a coil than it does with the Zenesis, but I've got it down to a science and it satisfies me every time.

I most certainly did not mean to 'spit in the face of this community', and to all I've offended, I am sincerely sorry!

If you look at my other classified sales, you'll see I always sell for a fair price and will do so IF I decide to sell the Zenesis. I've removed the 'for sale' price on my listing and will start a new thread with the PV priced at retail if I decide to sell.

Thanks again for all the help the Zenfidels offered me, and don't think I won't be one of the first in line when Zen re-designs this thing!

P.S. Zen~ I'm assuming you will still be sending my updated button as soon as they are ready no matter if I trade my Zenesis or not, true? If I can't find a satisfactory trade, does your offer to return to you for a refund still stand?
    Last edited by Valsacar; 04-13-2012 at 05:41 AM. Reason: Evading Censor

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Does anyone knows when the new switch and tank is being ship out for the febbie? Thanks