WholeCig WTA discussion thread. All topics welcome! - Page 83
Page 83 of 92 FirstFirst ... 3373798081828384858687 ... LastLast
Like Tree1527Likes

Thread: WholeCig WTA discussion thread. All topics welcome!

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

But the 36 does allow to go up a tad if 25 isn't doing it, so yes, that should be the one
    jfresh likes this.

Vaping since Feb. 2012, avoiding approx. 30-35 cigs a day. Everything I tried prior to finding e-cigs failed! Write to your Senators and Representatives, the CDC and the FDA. Tell your e-cig story to them and to CASAA too and let our voices be heard!

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran jfresh's Avatar

I just extended the sale for another week.

WOOHOO!

I don't think the newsletters went out at all, so yeah. But while we're looking into the issue, I figured go ahead and give it some more time.

Use code STOCKUP for the next week for 10% off of all orders, no minimums or restrictions! Ends next Sunday.

loxmythe, ~Sue~Feb2012 and Wow1420 like this.

Our site is having some difficulties at the moment due to an expired security certificate. We should have this fixed shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by jfresh; 04-21-2014 at 09:17 PM.
    ~Sue~Feb2012 likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jfresh View Post
    Our site is having some difficulties at the moment due to an expired security certificate. It should still be secure, but will tell you it isn't. We should have this fixed shortly. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I became so paranoid reading about that HeartBleed virus, I cut back on a lot of shopping lol. Glad all is well
    jfresh likes this.

Vaping since Feb. 2012, avoiding approx. 30-35 cigs a day. Everything I tried prior to finding e-cigs failed! Write to your Senators and Representatives, the CDC and the FDA. Tell your e-cig story to them and to CASAA too and let our voices be heard!

So, several support tickets and one helpful IT guy (and all the gracious patience I could summon) and we're back up and running. All secure and all good.

AHHHH.......

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Pardon The Interruption . . .

Just an FYI and in case you haven't seen this . . .

Sign the petition.

Veto the FDA Restrictions on E-Cigarettes
    jfresh likes this.

People should seriously stop expecting Normal from "Me" - We all know it's not going to happen.

The new rules do seem more specifically onerous for WTA producers than for the industry in general.

(Think maybe someone somewhere noticed that this stuff works?)

Uncle, ~Sue~Feb2012 and aikanae1 like this.

Double Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Pardon The Interruption Again with the discussion, however because I do think it is important . . . As for the link to the petition and the follow-up post "Stop & Wait - Do Not Sign" on other threads . . . AND - As was posted elsewhere on ECF in reply to this post - It is "Your" choice to sign or not sign:

Quote Originally Posted by etherealink View Post
    One very, well two, very major problems with this post.

First: "wait"... No. The FDA is not waiting, they are moving forward. And yes this is poorly worded and hastily put together but if something is not said it could he said too late and never reach those who have any actual influence in matters like this. True the regulations are only "proposed" but at one time, Obama-care was only proposed.

Second, "don't sign - just wait"... no, honestly I am already stocking up and planning an exit strategy. This is not even close to the time to wait simply because of spelling errors.

I would highly suggest that anyone who is able create a more sensibly worded petition and that we all sign both but it has always been rash and determined action that has shown the determination that has created this country and what once made it great.

Waiting for CASAA does not make your voice heard immediately.

I am a member of CASAA and value them greatly but, even if it is very grassroots and even if it fails, at least it is doing something. I will simply NOT be told what I can or cannot do to save my own life by a government I neither chose nor approve of.

/rant
    Quote Originally Posted by loxmythe View Post
    While I agree it's not very well written I don't see the big deal in signing it as long as you follow casaa and add your name to the "real" petition when it's available.
    You may also want to follow this site by Bill Godshall
    FDA Proposal For Deeming Regulation
    Funny thing - since I signed the petition - I just got a response from "By Mitch Zeller, the Director of the Food and Drug Administration's Center for Tobacco Products." AND - While it may have just been a generic letter sent to everyone who signed the petition, it shows that it was seen and also provided a link to be "heard" . . .

"The opportunity to comment on FDA's proposed rule is now open and comments are due on July 9, 2014. We encourage you to do so, and to provide any data and information you may have to support your comments."

AND - In the email letter I got it also provided the following:

So - The question now really becomes are "We" being heard even if the petition is poorly written ? ? ? Who knows, but the petition is being seen and getting some attention . . .
    Last edited by Uncle; 04-25-2014 at 07:19 PM.

People should seriously stop expecting Normal from "Me" - We all know it's not going to happen.

Surly Curmudgeon Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jfresh View Post
    The new rules do seem more specifically onerous for WTA producers than for the industry in general.
    (Think maybe someone somewhere noticed that this stuff works?)
    Well as vaguely as they are currently written, it seems the FDA is basically giving itself the power to impose a de-facto ban on most any vaping-related product shy of a carrying case. It's quite possible that almost no smallish business will ever be able to jump through the flaming hoops that they FDA will be able to erect once this deeming regulation passes, and my guess is WTA producers will have a particularly difficult time. The one and only positive thing I see in the proposed regs is the two-year grace period. There's an old saying: "Make hay while the sun is shining" and now we know the sun will shine for two more years.

Jeffery, I suggest you start selling your hay in really well-sealed glass bottles, with the air in the head-space displaced with argon (to prevent oxidation). I don't know about the rest of you, but I own me and they don't. I will consume what I want, whether they "approve" or not, and I will NOT beg anyone's permission to do so.
    jfresh and aikanae1 like this.
    I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rossum View Post
    Well as vaguely as they are currently written, it seems the FDA is basically giving itself the power to impose a de-facto ban on most any vaping-related product shy of a carrying case. It's quite possible that almost no smallish business will ever be able to jump through the flaming hoops that they FDA will be able to erect once this deeming regulation passes, and my guess is WTA producers will have a particularly difficult time. The one and only positive thing I see in the proposed regs is the two-year grace period. There's an old saying: "Make hay while the sun is shining" and now we know the sun will shine for two more years.

Jeffery, I suggest you start selling your hay in really well-sealed glass bottles, with the air in the head-space displaced with argon (to prevent oxidation). I don't know about the rest of you, but I own me and they don't. I will consume what I want, whether they "approve" or not, and I will NOT beg anyone's permission to do so.
    Agreed

Rossum, your post made me think of one of the questions on the BIG survey, asking whether we would go to the "black market" if e-cigs are banned or stop vaping or return to smoking etc. I said I'd look for the vaping black market!
    aikanae1 likes this.