Page 99 of 251 FirstFirst ... 49899596979899100101102103109149199 ... LastLast
Like Tree1631Likes

Thread: Introducing Futura - The Modular DNA 20 APV by NexgenVapor

Senior Member Verified Member CABBA's Avatar

I think it's fair for a key reviewer like The Honorable PBusardo to get one of the first mods. His reviews help so many of us know what to expect from these devices.
    With that being said the Futura looks so close to what I was looking for that I didn't even wait for a review before ordering. Phil's DNA 20 review left me well informed with regards to what I can expect from the performance side of things, and the rest of the specs look right up my alley. As long as the build quality is up to snuff, I think the Futura can't help but be a solid device (maybe even street shout out worthy).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Personally, Phil's review is what I've been waiting for before I decide whether I'm going to buy one of these things.

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

well the dna20 is what it is, and he has already reviewed it a few times now, so about all he can do is tell us if the build quality lives up to the hype, buttons work and so on lol.

so far in another video when he stated he was waiting for a production unit to review, he said the two he has already work just fine.
    nelsonm64 likes this.

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Supporting Member

I think it would be a good idea of any vendor doing a pre order to have some type of statement people have to agree to before they can sign up. "By signing this you agree that you are being a defacto guinea pig and might be subject to delays, less the imagined features, delays, some gremlins, delays, actual product not looking like renders, delays."

Just saying
    williebb123 and mackman like this.

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

So with the contact people have had, are more going out today?

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Laythor View Post
    I think it would be a good idea of any vendor doing a pre order to have some type of statement people have to agree to before they can sign up. "By signing this you agree that you are being a defacto guinea pig and might be subject to delays, less the imagined features, delays, some gremlins, delays, actual product not looking like renders, delays."

Just saying
    That’s very good advice. I’d also like to see a statement signed by the vendor that states “In exchange for you paying me money up-front for a product that probably won’t be delivered on time and may have a few bugs that need to be worked out, I’ll keep you regularly apprised of progress, reasons for delays, and alert you when we’re going to miss a target date. You probably will not get the device as quickly as you want it, but you’ll always feel you’re in the loop as to what's going on.”

Just saying.
    mackman likes this.

ECF Guru Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

so, are you guys going to have a contest?

Grand Matriarch
    Order of The White Rabbit
    ~~~Laugh As Much As You Breathe~~~
    Last TC 06/27/13

The Shortest Straw Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

i dont have a problem with delays, slowdown, unexpected bumps in the road and other unforeseen circumstances. and im sure many doing preorders with a new product feel the same way.

the problem that had many upset is cutesy replies to serious inquiries as to whats going on and a complete communication breakdown as to what is happening, why arent they shipping, and the lack of any formal response from a company representative who seemed to be here every day then disappear at the same instance people started to become concerned about the delays.

we showed them the benefit of the doubt and respected the idea of the product by forking over almost 250 bucks on an unproven product sight unseen, is it really out of the question to expect a response from the person taking our money, then becoming stressed out with no reply??

Semovar - Provari - Roller - Poldiac - Megatron - Nemesis

Exactly trasher. Forked over $275.59. A little info or just some updates should come with that price tag.
    Figgy likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Thrasher View Post
    well the dna20 is what it is, and he has already reviewed it a few times now, so about all he can do is tell us if the build quality lives up to the hype, buttons work and so on lol.

so far in another video when he stated he was waiting for a production unit to review, he said the two he has already work just fine.
    Which is pretty much what I'm looking for before I shell out $250. I already know I'm interested in the DNA 20. I want to know what the build quality is like, if the buttons work well with the interface, if I'm picking the right top cap for my favorite devices and all that good stuff that Phil is really good at covering. I want to see a video of it in action.

Maybe I wouldn't need that as much if LCV had actually provided us with the pics and video before.