Introducing Futura - The Modular DNA 20 APV by NexgenVapor[ISSUE] - Page 251
Page 251 of 271 FirstFirst ... 151201241247248249250251252253254255261 ... LastLast
Results 2,501 to 2,510 of 2707
Like Tree1801Likes

Thread: Introducing Futura - The Modular DNA 20 APV by NexgenVapor[ISSUE]

  1. #2501
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    CABBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Thailand
    Posts
    364

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jj_9 View Post
    Well ... I'm not going to try with mine as the center of the rocker looks very well fixed and i don' t want to make an error...
    X2 - mine is solid in the middle. No indication that I could press both up/down at the same time.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  2. #2502
    ECF Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    sedge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Palm Springs, CA
    Posts
    4,676

    Default

    It's been 3 weeks since someone received their order which gave me hope at the time since he ordered the same day as I and was 3 order numbers away but no new news as of lately. ......arrrgggh!
    Phone Guy likes this.
    ​Analog Free Since July 17, 2011

  3. #2503
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Phone Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Arlington, Texas - USA
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Wow dude, that sucks. I can't help but think the delays are in getting DNA30 chips. Seems like most DNA30 devices have a waiting period right now.....and with all these other 30w mods about to drop that's going to be bad for evolve and all of their buyers.
    blindsoup likes this.
    Please hit LIKE if that was Helpful, Informative or Amusing
    MODS: Wizard's Apprentice Evolved II/SvoeMesto Semovar SMv3/Futura DNA20/Nemesis
    ATTYS: Erlkönigin/Taifun GT/Kayfun 3.1ES & KFL+/Aqua/R91%v2


  4. #2504
    Super Duper Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Griff.J's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    ON Canada
    Posts
    530

    Default

    I don't think there is that much of a shortage of DNA30 chipsets, I could be wrong.. but, I bought a Vapor Shark DNA and its shipped in less than two weeks after ordering. They seem to be maintaining a 2 week turn around on orders for their product..
    williebb123 likes this.

    I Started Vaping in October of 2012 and Quit Smoking May 1st 2013

  5. #2505
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY. US
    Posts
    25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by blindsoup View Post
    By design, the Futura will not work with flat-top batteries. (There is no reverse battery protection with the DNA20/30), so this is built by design. If you put in a battery upside down and it made connection, you would fry the board. I may have not been clear enough on my post....i did not reverse the top connection, i turned the spring upside down in the battery cap. It is not snug in there, but it raises the battery enough to keep a solid connection. BTW, i use AW IMR batteries - both the 18490/650. No issues at all....
    Thanks for the information. I've been using Efest 2250's for a few days and it seems to work well. However, I still get intermittent reboots and now I'm noticing that during reboot if I just hold down the button it will pulse fire and then finally fire consistently. Given this, I'm assuming that there's some kind of short somewhere in my device. I'm not looking forward to sending it back for repair based on the communications latency I experienced between ordering and receiving the device.

  6. #2506
    Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Phone Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Arlington, Texas - USA
    Posts
    1,503

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Griff.J View Post
    I don't think there is that much of a shortage of DNA30 chipsets, I could be wrong.. but, I bought a Vapor Shark DNA and its shipped in less than two weeks after ordering. They seem to be maintaining a 2 week turn around on orders for their product..
    Maybe so then? I'm going by the Futura, hana, zna.... they all seem to be hard to get?
    There are a few other DNA30 mods that seem to have long waiting lists, but I can't remember their sites and I'm on my phone, But if vapor sharks are always 2 weeks out like your saying, and they are maybe one of the most inexpensive too, you might be right?

    Either way, it's b.s.! Even though I LOVE my Futura, I bought it second hand. If I had to wait several months after paying I'd be upset too.... sorry guys! I thought I read a few posts back people were finally receiving order....
    Please hit LIKE if that was Helpful, Informative or Amusing
    MODS: Wizard's Apprentice Evolved II/SvoeMesto Semovar SMv3/Futura DNA20/Nemesis
    ATTYS: Erlkönigin/Taifun GT/Kayfun 3.1ES & KFL+/Aqua/R91%v2


  7. #2507
    Full Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Wildomar, CA
    Posts
    26

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ankush View Post
    Thanks for the information. I've been using Efest 2250's for a few days and it seems to work well. However, I still get intermittent reboots and now I'm noticing that during reboot if I just hold down the button it will pulse fire and then finally fire consistently. Given this, I'm assuming that there's some kind of short somewhere in my device. I'm not looking forward to sending it back for repair based on the communications latency I experienced between ordering and receiving the device.
    I don't think you have a short anywhere, I think it's an issue with the spring. If I stretch the spring out on mine a bit to get a little more snug fit, those issues go away. I've had mine for a month and a half or better now and love it, that seems to be the only issue I've had. That being said I would love an upgraded bottom cap of some sort with a more solid bottom connector as opposed to a spring.

  8. #2508
    Full Member doogle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    31

    Default

    Bad news I'm afraid! Had an email from Jon to say that there is another delay on dna 30 boards and he won't be having any more in for another couple of weeks at least!!!

  9. #2509
    Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    blindsoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    413

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vikaernes View Post
    I don't think you have a short anywhere, I think it's an issue with the spring. If I stretch the spring out on mine a bit to get a little more snug fit, those issues go away. I've had mine for a month and a half or better now and love it, that seems to be the only issue I've had. That being said I would love an upgraded bottom cap of some sort with a more solid bottom connector as opposed to a spring.
    I agree with the bottom cap....Same thing happened with me. There certainly needs to be a longer spring installed.
    Vape Happy!

  10. #2510
    Full Member Verified Member
    Supporting Member
    wiredlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    35

    Default

    If anyone has the short 510-only cap and wants to replace the center pin with a real screw, these work with the lowest setting having about .25mm gap between a KFL+ and the top of the cap... USA 6 32 x1 4 Thinnest Head Screws Desktop Server Hard Drive 3 5 Supermicro Lot | eBay

    and a head size that is small enough that the rubber o-ring around the center of the positive screw hole is visible and smaller than the size of the positive connection of the KFL+.
    Introducing Futura - The Modular DNA 20 APV by NexgenVapor[ISSUE]-futura-kfl1.jpgIntroducing Futura - The Modular DNA 20 APV by NexgenVapor[ISSUE]-futura-kfl2.jpgIntroducing Futura - The Modular DNA 20 APV by NexgenVapor[ISSUE]-futura-kfl3.jpg
    Phone Guy and jj_9 like this.
    - Master Lurker

Bookmarks