Building Custom Pipes
Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Thread: Building Custom Pipes

Registered Supplier - Offline ECF Veteran Mstr Mashnst's Avatar

Default Building Custom Pipes

Hello there. Here is the story. I've been asked by a number of people to make them an e-pipe. I had a thread over in the mod section but got a hand slap for pre-saleing. I was in the wrong, so now I'm here, where I should be. I'm going to proto-type a few pipes, come up with a model I like and can build. The first four pipes will be for myself. This may turn into a full time business or just a hobby, time will tell. Whatever happens you will see it to the end.

I started by designing a touch circuit and a battery holder. The battery holder is 1" in dia so it will fit into the bowl. Tomorrow I'll show the PCB and the casted battery holder. I already have the mold made for the battery holder. Enjoy
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Building Custom Pipes-new-pipe-2-002.jpg   Building Custom Pipes-new-pipe-10-002.jpg  

spacekitty likes this.

There was one thing that I think should be a must with the battery holder and elec circuit. You should be able to take it out of the pipe for repairs if needed. This is a three wire system that comes up the sides of the battery holder and connects to three screws on top. There are two grooves up the side of the battery holder for the wires. My touch circuit is good for 18 amps. More then what is needed but, it will help keep it cool. The pipe will be a push/pull so the draw air will go by the heat sink on the transistor and help keep it cool aswell. The PCB are not hard to make. When I make the next six I'll take a pic of just the PCB and post it. Makes for a nice compact package I think. This part is not going to change so I'm building ahead on them before I have a final pipe design.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Building Custom Pipes-new-pipe-11-001.jpg   Building Custom Pipes-new-pipe-11-002.jpg  

Building Custom Pipes-new-pipe-11-008.jpg   Building Custom Pipes-new-pipe-11-010.jpg  

spacekitty likes this.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Vash's Avatar

Cant wait to see the results! I looking to get my first my pipe .Will be watching this thread for sure

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Nice work!

Drawing air across the heat sink is an interesting idea. I like warmer vapes, and absolutely do not get it out of the pipe / stem combo I'm using now, even with a 1.8 ohm head. I doubt there's enough heat to make a difference (unless chain vaping), but it certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Also, now that this is in the suppliers' forum, are you allowed to / going to discuss plans for the machined connector? I've completed my first pipe, and am sure I'll do a couple more. The available eGo connectors are all short and have the button hole; no one appears to make one with a longer shank. I've thought about buying a cheap eGo battery and gutting it, but that still leaves me with a button hole to fill. That's something I don't really want.
    As a semi-custom piece, I'm sure it'll fall outside of the price range I need for my low-end creations. Once I get my feet under me, however, it'd probably be something I'd spring for if I had a special pipe or two in the works.

Quote Originally Posted by Vash View Post
    Cant wait to see the results! I looking to get my first my pipe .Will be watching this thread for sure
    You for sure need the first one but, one is not enough. Thanks for following the thread.
    Vash likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cavediver View Post
    Nice work!

Drawing air across the heat sink is an interesting idea. I like warmer vapes, and absolutely do not get it out of the pipe / stem combo I'm using now, even with a 1.8 ohm head. I doubt there's enough heat to make a difference (unless chain vaping), but it certainly wouldn't hurt my feelings.

Also, now that this is in the suppliers' forum, are you allowed to / going to discuss plans for the machined connector? I've completed my first pipe, and am sure I'll do a couple more. The available eGo connectors are all short and have the button hole; no one appears to make one with a longer shank. I've thought about buying a cheap eGo battery and gutting it, but that still leaves me with a button hole to fill. That's something I don't really want.
    As a semi-custom piece, I'm sure it'll fall outside of the price range I need for my low-end creations. Once I get my feet under me, however, it'd probably be something I'd spring for if I had a special pipe or two in the works.
    Here is some pics of that adaptor. After talking to a few people on the subject, I'm going to change it. It needs to have the 510 connector aswell and the center post needs to be adjustable. Going to make that change right away. PM me your address and I will send you the one I'm not going to use for free. Can't get any better deal then that. If you can't use it, just toss it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Building Custom Pipes-new-pipe-4-002.jpg   Building Custom Pipes-new-pipe-4-008.jpg  

Building Custom Pipes-new-pipe-4-009.jpg   Building Custom Pipes-new-pipe-4-011.jpg  

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Vash's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mstr Mashnst View Post
    You for sure need the first one but, one is not enough. Thanks for following the thread.
    Yeah I make my own NETs so only makes sense to have a pipe to go with my nice pipe tobaccos. Winters coming and wanna be able to vape by the fire with a little more class

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Awesome!
    PM Inbound

I'll try to do it justice, but I've got an equal chance of falling flat on my face

Detached Observer Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

The degree of workmanship and obvious creativity and talent going into this project is impressive MM... single-handedly, you've caused me to rethink the idea of using a pipe. I'll be following along as you progress... and looking forward to the finished product. I hope the rest is as creative and high quality as what you have so far.

Quote Originally Posted by State O' Flux View Post
    The degree of workmanship and obvious creativity and talent going into this project is impressive MM... single-handedly, you've caused me to rethink the idea of using a pipe. I'll be following along as you progress... and looking forward to the finished product. I hope the rest is as creative and high quality as what you have so far.
    Thank you. My goal is to build high end pipes that will last for years and years.

Page 1 of 23 1234511 ... LastLast