Glassmanoak’s "THEVAPE TREE" Home Thread for Chit Chat, Helpful Information, and Promotions/Coupons - Page 3
Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
Like Tree785Likes

Thread: Glassmanoak’s "THEVAPE TREE" Home Thread for Chit Chat, Helpful Information, and Promotions/Coupons

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran glassmanoak's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I was hanging around earlier waiting for "stuff" to get done for breakfast. I was surrounded by Dings, Beeps and Buzzes! Simultaneously!! It made me wonder about the Origin(s) of such sounds.

I can understand the DING! (Sorry, DING, NOT a play on your name!)a small bell as part of a physical timer with a small hammer necessarily emits a high pitched ringing tone. Easy to identify.. informing us that it's time to deal with the Toast and the Toaster. Beeps are tougher!

As part of an electronic timer, the beep can have infinite variation... it doesn't! The "beep.. beep.. beep" are ALL of the same frequency, tone and pitch, it seems, making it hard to know if the Oven is telling you that it has reached the desired temperature, or if the Oven, having been on the specified length of time is DONE with its job! It is a conspiracy of monumental proportion that forces manufacturers to maintain that line of obedience to the Beeper Guidelines...which are NEVER codified but are nonetheless understood and adhered to religiously!

That Oven Beep sounds identical to the Mr. Coffee Machine informing you that its job is done. They are all SO similar to all the various telephone beeps and dings and trills that it is maddening!

I imagine a factory worker deciding on the sound Texture of each of these auditory notification devices. Was he an anonymous worker bee.. doing his job and then moving Anonymously along, or was he a Scientist.. carefully selecting each tone and warble for maximum effect? I suppose we will never know unless we see some article on Bloggers Heaven giving all the details of the life of the Billionaire who designed and cultivated the ubiquitous ding, beep, twitter and cacophonous warble and lived happily ever ever.

Such are the occasional thoughts awaiting Breakfast! What a warped mind!!
    Last edited by glassmanoak; 02-01-2014 at 09:34 PM.
    Uncle and levisdaddy like this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Ok I got photobucket on phone. Uploaded a couple pics. Getting the link is a pita.
    http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/...pstjvjeq8x.jpg
    But here is that build...
    Uncle likes this.
    A good laugh and a long sleep are the two best cures.
    5 /19/12

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GaMntGirl View Post
    Ok I got photobucket on phone. Uploaded a couple pics. Getting the link is a pita.
    http://i1036.photobucket.com/albums/...pstjvjeq8x.jpg
    But here is that build...
    That was fast! It's still pretty blurry, I'd send you my old camera if it wasn't broken. As to the coil (which I can't see)if it glows from the middle first then out to the ends, it's good. A little longer wick might not hurt, as long as some of it is flat on the deck to pull up juice it should be enough.

For Photobucket, you want the "Direct" link to post on ECF and most places. On ECF, "Insert Image", from URL, paste the link, and un-check "Retrieve remote file and reference locally". OR, just post [IMG](insert link here)[/IMG]
    Uncle likes this.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Thanks Schnarph. I do own a good 35mm camera and a digital camera. I use the phone cause it's always in my hand
    I'll do another coil later and take a pic without the cotton or silica.
    So far they have all worked and tested ok. I wrap the 32 gauge around the screwdriver for the posts 5-7 times. Test with DHs multimeter.
    I have a couple of rda's coming in a friends order that may be here next week. Should have been here today
    I don't know what kind...
    Schnarph likes this.
    5 /19/12

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member
    Blog Entries

Chances are your coil is fine. It may take a few more before you're totally comfortable with it. I always check my coils for resistance before firing them up, but after so many they always work the first time. You can do it!

Unregulated mechanical mods with no safety fuse should be used with great caution, but rebuildables don't have to be scary. With just a little money, one can get their feet wet by using pre-wrapped coils. Once you try it, it's hard to go back to the somewhat expensive cartomizers and factory made replacement heads for clearomizers. With the e-liquids I've been vaping, I'd probably go through a carto every 2 days. I usually get a few re-wicks out of one microcoil, and cotton balls are super cheap. That said, making your coils isn't for everybody, and there's no shame in sticking with what works.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Thanks Schnarph
    I can't wait for the new ones to get here.
    5 /19/12

PV Master* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I still use my carto tanks 95% of the time. I've not been overly pleased with most of my builds, my best performing one was a dual coil made with premade coils and wick, all I did was put them in and screw them down. My last build was a .8ohm micro-coil with cotton ball wick. it wasn't bad but not great.

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran glassmanoak's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I found out recently that there are multiple B&M's in town. One is THREE BLOCKS from my house!!!

I approached them to sell my juice.. LOL
    Last edited by glassmanoak; 02-02-2014 at 02:09 AM.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Good luck with that Glassmanoak. The vape store in the mall wanted to sell some of my juice but didn't want to pay me a price that would make it worth it for me. I told him I'd make the juice if he supplied the bottles for the price he offered, nope never happened.
    One of his employees opened a shop in Canton and called me about making some for his place but it was at a time when Wifey wasn't doing very well and I couldn't do it, then I lost his number so that didn't work out either.
    Last edited by jpf880; 02-02-2014 at 02:27 AM.

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Aggggggggggggggggggggh!!! I just droped my favorite tank and broke the pyrex tube! May we have a moment of silence!

Page 3 of 50 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast