The YiHi SX350 35W Chip at Varitube - Page 48
Page 48 of 156 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Like Tree1064Likes

Thread: The YiHi SX350 35W Chip at Varitube

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onedesign1 View Post
    yes is the short answer
    Do you happen to have an ETA for the 22mm 510 connector?

The drippers and tanks I use are all 22mm, lol

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Onedesign1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinn View Post
    Do you happen to have an ETA for the 22mm 510 connector?

The drippers and tanks I use are all 22mm, lol
    Its not in the next day, week, or month....may soon after that. We just have this 1st production run so we need some time

Hey Onedesign1, or anyone who knows for sure, ive got a chip thats still at 30 watts. I understand that the first update to 35 requires the battery completely removed. My question is once ive done that update, will i be able to seal up my mod/battery and then perform the 40 watt update using the link mode and not removing my battery?

Last question, if you want to use the 40 watts(and presumably the 50), will people be needing to use 2 18650 sized battery's?

Thanks and double thanks for making some 510's! Bought 2 this morning!

Senior Member Verified Member Fegbri's Avatar

Can someone please post a picture of the exact version of the sx350 chip that comes from varitube currently? Want to see the up/down wiring that comes pre soldered. Thanks in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by L. Keplinger View Post
    Hey Onedesign1, or anyone who knows for sure, ive got a chip thats still at 30 watts. I understand that the first update to 35 requires the battery completely removed. My question is once ive done that update, will i be able to seal up my mod/battery and then perform the 40 watt update using the link mode and not removing my battery?

Last question, if you want to use the 40 watts(and presumably the 50), will people be needing to use 2 18650 sized battery's?

Thanks and double thanks for making some 510's! Bought 2 this morning!
    Question 1 - Yes Link works fine after initial update including the 40W

Question 2 - Both 40W and eventually 50W will use a single 18650....note the input voltage on the specs always....this board is for single cells...so yes battery life will begin to be an issue if you cloud chase full time But its not a big issue with replaceable batts or if you're around a PC all day just plug it and let it charge...while not pass-though you can vape it while its charging. Or find a honking lipo that will fit in your box

And thank you and you're welcome for the 510's!

Quote Originally Posted by Fegbri View Post
    Can someone please post a picture of the exact version of the sx350 chip that comes from varitube currently? Want to see the up/down wiring that comes pre soldered. Thanks in advance!
    I don't have one open ... anybody can help here would be appreciated!

Ultra Member Team ECF (folding@home)
    Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Onedesign1 View Post
    I don't have one open ... anybody can help here would be appreciated!
    sure, you open and take the pic, then send the opened one you can no longer sell to me, lol. j/k... couldn't resist. but seriously, I would take a pic if I had one. just cant yet.

In By-pass mode, is it possible to use two batteries in series or we have the same 4.5v limitation?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by joanquro View Post
    In By-pass mode, is it possible to use two batteries in series or we have the same 4.5v limitation?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk
    Why do you WANT to use them in series? I don't see a point of having the chip if you can't use it in regulated mode. Just build a 1.8ohm coil or something and vape it at 35 watts. It's the same thing.

The chip won't function with batteries in series. Someone already tried this.
    Last edited by Kevinn; 06-25-2014 at 07:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinn View Post
    Why do you WANT to use them in series? What's the point of having the chip if you can't use it in regulated mode? Just build a 1.8ohm coil or something and vape it at 35 watts. It's the same thing.
    Hi Kevinn, it was just curiosity. I wanted to know if it can behave as a true mechanical mod in by-pass mode. Just tried to know all of the possibilities of this chip. That's all, my friend. By the way, if the chip has this by-pass mode, that's because this feature should be useful for someone, shouldn't it?