The YiHi SX350 35W Chip at Varitube - Page 90
Page 90 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Results 891 to 900 of 1594
Like Tree1092Likes

Thread: The YiHi SX350 35W Chip at Varitube

  1. #891
    Full Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp305 View Post
    Do you think I should unhook them from the board or just from the switches, 510 etc...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When troubleshooting, always start reversing your work 1 step at a time. Starting unhooking switches one at a time. Unless you soldered wires onto the board yourself, don't worry about them till after consulting with Varitube

    That's my opinion

  2. #892
    Full Member Verified Member Jeffp305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinn View Post
    When troubleshooting, always start reversing your work 1 step at a time. Starting unhooking switches one at a time. Unless you soldered wires onto the board yourself, don't worry about them till after consulting with Varitube

    That's my opinion
    Ok sounds good, ill give it a try


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #893
    Full Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Just finished a full battery run on my "Bap Box" 6400mAh 90c 1s2p nano-tech lipo

    Lasted 5 1/2 days on the initial charge.

    That consists of:
    65% vaping at 15 watts
    25% vaping at 40 watts
    10% vaping at 50 watts

    I was even able to vape at 50w with 3.26v left on the battery meter (bare minimum before 'low bat!' message) and even at 3.26v, the voltage only dropped to 3.07v at 50w

    This is definitely the ultimate build for a 1590g box...


  4. #894
    Full Member Verified Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Washington, USA
    Posts
    138

    Default

    So I just finished charging my 6400mAh lipo, and it took 8.5 hours for the light to finish charging (green light) - using my 2.1 amp micro usb charger, not a computer

    I notice though, it never charges to 4.20v like my 18650 mod. It stops at 4.17/4.18v

    If I jump the battery to my NiteCore I2 Intellicharger, it charges to 4.18/4.19v

    Any ideas why this may be? Keep in mind, it's 2 cells in parallel to make 6400mAh.

    I guess charging it to 4.18v will help the battery live longer...
    Last edited by Kevinn; 07-29-2014 at 06:50 AM.

  5. #895
    Senior Member Verified Member Macaiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    167

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinn View Post
    So I just finished charging my 6400mAh lipo, and it took 8.5 hours for the light to finish charging (green light) - using my 2.1 amp micro usb charger, not a computer

    I notice though, it never charges to 4.20v like my 18650 mod. It stops at 4.17/4.18v

    If I jump the battery to my NiteCore I2 Intellicharger, it charges to 4.18/4.19v

    Any ideas why this may be? Keep in mind, it's 2 cells in parallel to make 6400mAh.

    I guess charging it to 4.18v will help the battery live longer...
    My 6000mAh Turnigy Nano-Tech does the same thing ever since the 50W update.

    Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

  6. #896
    Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Onedesign1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Space Coast Florida
    Posts
    434

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp305 View Post
    Ok sounds good, ill give it a try


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any updates Jeff?

    Quote Originally Posted by Kevinn View Post
    So I just finished charging my 6400mAh lipo, and it took 8.5 hours for the light to finish charging (green light) - using my 2.1 amp micro usb charger, not a computer

    I notice though, it never charges to 4.20v like my 18650 mod. It stops at 4.17/4.18v

    If I jump the battery to my NiteCore I2 Intellicharger, it charges to 4.18/4.19v

    Any ideas why this may be? Keep in mind, it's 2 cells in parallel to make 6400mAh.

    I guess charging it to 4.18v will help the battery live longer...
    Thats a little strange Kevinn. I believe most chargers algorithms are designed to +/- 50mV per cell to the 4.2V so its close. But its way better to slightly undercharge and will prolong the battery life as you pointed out. But there's also a current component in the algorithms that is monitoring current drop and cut-off is a combination of both current drop and voltage peak so thats the likely reason. Nice work on all the testing and reporting....thanks!

  7. #897
    Full Member Verified Member Jeffp305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Ct
    Posts
    55

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Onedesign1 View Post
    Any updates Jeff?



    Thats a little strange Kevinn. I believe most chargers algorithms are designed to +/- 50mV per cell to the 4.2V so its close. But its way better to slightly undercharge and will prolong the battery life as you pointed out. But there's also a current component in the algorithms that is monitoring current drop and cut-off is a combination of both current drop and voltage peak so thats the likely reason. Nice work on all the testing and reporting....thanks!
    Well I undid everything from the chip and manually hooked up a battery as suggested and I am still getting the same issue, I've pretty much given up at this point, ill just wait and buy a new one when I can...


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  8. #898
    Senior Member Verified Member Macaiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    167

    Default

    I want my update dangit!!! Sitting here chomping at the bit for "higher power"...

    Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

  9. #899
    Super Member Verified Member Necrotic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Lawrenceville, GA
    Posts
    694

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Macaiah View Post
    I want my update dangit!!! Sitting here chomping at the bit for "higher power"...

    Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk
    You and me both.

  10. #900
    Senior Member Verified Member Macaiah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Okinawa, Japan
    Posts
    167

    Default

    I was hoping that they would release it on the 30th China time, since I live in Japan and I am one hour ahead of China...

    Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks