The YiHi SX350 35W Chip at Varitube - Page 90
Page 90 of 160 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140 ... LastLast
Like Tree1092Likes

Thread: The YiHi SX350 35W Chip at Varitube

Full Member Verified Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp305 View Post
    Do you think I should unhook them from the board or just from the switches, 510 etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    When troubleshooting, always start reversing your work 1 step at a time. Starting unhooking switches one at a time. Unless you soldered wires onto the board yourself, don't worry about them till after consulting with Varitube

That's my opinion

Full Member Verified Member Jeffp305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinn View Post
    When troubleshooting, always start reversing your work 1 step at a time. Starting unhooking switches one at a time. Unless you soldered wires onto the board yourself, don't worry about them till after consulting with Varitube

That's my opinion
    Ok sounds good, ill give it a try

Just finished a full battery run on my "Bap Box" 6400mAh 90c 1s2p nano-tech lipo

Lasted 5 1/2 days on the initial charge.

That consists of:
    65% vaping at 15 watts
    25% vaping at 40 watts
    10% vaping at 50 watts

I was even able to vape at 50w with 3.26v left on the battery meter (bare minimum before 'low bat!' message) and even at 3.26v, the voltage only dropped to 3.07v at 50w

This is definitely the ultimate build for a 1590g box...

So I just finished charging my 6400mAh lipo, and it took 8.5 hours for the light to finish charging (green light) - using my 2.1 amp micro usb charger, not a computer

I notice though, it never charges to 4.20v like my 18650 mod. It stops at 4.17/4.18v

If I jump the battery to my NiteCore I2 Intellicharger, it charges to 4.18/4.19v

Any ideas why this may be? Keep in mind, it's 2 cells in parallel to make 6400mAh.

I guess charging it to 4.18v will help the battery live longer...
    Last edited by Kevinn; 07-29-2014 at 06:50 AM.

Senior Member Verified Member Macaiah's Avatar

So I just finished charging my 6400mAh lipo, and it took 8.5 hours for the light to finish charging (green light) - using my 2.1 amp micro usb charger, not a computer

I notice though, it never charges to 4.20v like my 18650 mod. It stops at 4.17/4.18v

If I jump the battery to my NiteCore I2 Intellicharger, it charges to 4.18/4.19v

Any ideas why this may be? Keep in mind, it's 2 cells in parallel to make 6400mAh.

My 6000mAh Turnigy Nano-Tech does the same thing ever since the 50W update.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk

Registered Supplier ECF Veteran Onedesign1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffp305 View Post
    Ok sounds good, ill give it a try

Any updates Jeff?

Thats a little strange Kevinn. I believe most chargers algorithms are designed to +/- 50mV per cell to the 4.2V so its close. But its way better to slightly undercharge and will prolong the battery life as you pointed out. But there's also a current component in the algorithms that is monitoring current drop and cut-off is a combination of both current drop and voltage peak so thats the likely reason. Nice work on all the testing and reporting....thanks!

Full Member Verified Member Jeffp305's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Onedesign1 View Post
    Any updates Jeff?

Thats a little strange Kevinn. I believe most chargers algorithms are designed to +/- 50mV per cell to the 4.2V so its close. But its way better to slightly undercharge and will prolong the battery life as you pointed out. But there's also a current component in the algorithms that is monitoring current drop and cut-off is a combination of both current drop and voltage peak so thats the likely reason. Nice work on all the testing and reporting....thanks!
    Well I undid everything from the chip and manually hooked up a battery as suggested and I am still getting the same issue, I've pretty much given up at this point, ill just wait and buy a new one when I can...

I want my update dangit!!! Sitting here chomping at the bit for "higher power"...

Super Member Verified Member Necrotic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Macaiah View Post
    I want my update dangit!!! Sitting here chomping at the bit for "higher power"...

You and me both.

I was hoping that they would release it on the 30th China time, since I live in Japan and I am one hour ahead of China...