Hi Def Review Of The Darwin - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Thread: Hi Def Review Of The Darwin

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

I am not a fangirl of the Darwin, but I own one. I have had my own problems with the stiff switch, which bothered me. When it totally shut down after 3 months, I was pissed off. I sent it back and they totally made it great. The button is now a dream to click and NOW I can understand all the great talk, but I couldn't before.

I have always listened and watched Scott from TW when I first started and I have always found him professional.

I must say that I did feel a bias in this review which bothered me even though I was having my own problems with the Darwin. I like you as a reviewer Scot, but even to me you do sound very biased. I will still watch your reviews, but I as I hope others can make up their own minds and decide for themselves
    Panky likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    Registered Reviewer/Blogger
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jude8753 View Post
    I have always listened and watched Scott from TW when I first started and I have always found him professional.
    eh?? i am NOT from TW!! so please do not try to insinuate that i am a member of their staff.......yes, i have made TUTORIAL videos for them, but i have also made tutorial videos for god knows how many other companies too!

Quote Originally Posted by jude8753 View Post
    I have had my own problems with the stiff switch, which bothered me. When it totally shut down after 3 months, I was pissed off

I must say that I did feel a bias in this review which bothered me even though I was having my own problems with the Darwin

can you not see the irony of that statement? you personally have experienced the EXACT same problem as myself, yet because i dare to point out my own experience of that EXACT same problem you call me biased!!

it would seem that Darwin owners think that the word biased means never speaking about any negatives and only concentrating on the positives.......the fact they cant see how insanely hypocritical that is is beyond comprehension!

once again, i shall repeat a section from one of my previous posts:-

battery life - great

vapour - great

throat hit - great

electronics - great

excessive play in the arm - fact - clearly demonstrated in the video

stiff switch - fact - clearly demonstrated in the video

large gap around the wheel - fact - clearly demonstrated in the video

unable to turn off the device "if" used with tanks - fact - clearly demonstrated in the video

if you watch the review properly you will see that i covered the negatives as well as the positives

cheers

scott

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Hey Scott, remember years back..when people were accusing you of working with Intellecig? Haha...the good ole days!

Sent using Tapatalk via Android
    I love my daughter...thus I vape. Tools of the trade: ERA BF, STR8TEk Custom, AGA-T, Surge Tank, Vapemate, VMOD XL, Provari, , SSGGTS, Liquinator, Big Daddy and Lil Mama tank, SmokBox Varicool, Ego, Vgo, Exo, Epipemods Viking, Vaprlife Spade, Sparkplug SP2, Foxy's 5v Boxmod, Missy's Wetbox, Madvapes Boxmod and last but not least...my good ole DSE-901 haha!

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by seanmc View Post
    Hey Scott, remember years back..when people were accusing you of working with Intellecig? Haha...the good ole days!

Sent using Tapatalk via Android
    some people even accused me of actually being the owner of Intellicig!! lol

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

My opinion of the items you re-posted from your review:

battery life - great

vapour - great

throat hit - great

electronics - great

excessive play in the arm -due to the design of the arm...does not effect the operation of the device in any way

stiff switch - the switch pivots from one end....push the switch at the upper end and it fires quite nicely....

large gap around the wheel - designed that way and does not effect the operation of the device in any way....(any pv with a wheel has a gap)

unable to turn off the device "if" used with tanks - many users have tanks and use a short "gooseneck" and the Darwin will turn off with a tank installed

You rated the "most important" features of the Darwin as "great", yet could not wait to box it up and send it back...That was your take on the Darwin.....My take is that it is the most advanced technology device to date, and since it is not "tube shaped", some do not like the shape, but cannot fault the electronics....

Thats my "short" opinion......

Ultra Member ECF Veteran ScottinSoCal's Avatar

I love my ProVari, the GLV Mini and Ms T juice. Maybe I should start flaming and arguing with everyone who thinks different. Or maybe I'll just be content knowing that my opinion is the only one that counts when it comes to me spending my money and shrug it off. Yeah, the second one. It's so much less stressful.
    ukeman likes this.

ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ScottinSoCal View Post
    I love my ProVari, the GLV Mini and Ms T juice. Maybe I should start flaming and arguing with everyone who thinks different. Or maybe I'll just be content knowing that my opinion is the only one that counts when it comes to me spending my money and shrug it off. Yeah, the second one. It's so much less stressful.
    No flaming here, just stating my opinion....glad you love your pv's....love mine too....

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by retird View Post
    excessive play in the arm -due to the design of the arm...does not effect the operation of the device in any way
    i may be wrong, but i dont recall that i said it "effects the operation" of the Darwin.......i merely stated that there was excessive play in the arm which i believe is simply just stating the truth isnt it?

the fact that other Darwin owners have stated that they have no play in the arm of their Darwins proves that the one i received must have had the pretty common fault that MANY OTHERS have also experienced

stiff switch - the switch pivots from one end....push the switch at the upper end and it fires quite nicely....
    NO! the Darwin i reviewed had a stiff switch full stop......once again, i am NOT the only person to experience this issue as MANY OTHERS including the lady a few posts above have experienced the EXACT same issue too!

and the fact that OTHER PEOPLE resorted to taking their Darwins apart in order to rectify the issue simply proves that what i experienced was a faulty switch.......its one of the most expensive devices on the planet and people should be able to simply press a button without needing to find a special spot in order to get it to activate with minimal pressure or taking it apart to repair!

YOU received a Darwin without a faulty switch so of course you will not view it as an issue!! but MYSELF and MANY OTHERS did NOT.....why is it so hard to comprehend that maybe, just maybe some peoples Darwins switches were faulty / stiff??

large gap around the wheel - designed that way and does not effect the operation of the device in any way....(any pv with a wheel has a gap)
    once again, i dont believe that i said it effects its operation.......i mere stated that a large gap will / may / possibly attract dust, dirt, spilt juice etc which i believe is a fact is it not?

or are you saying that its impossible for dust, dirt, liquid to fall into a gap? if so, can you please explain that theory........or does the Darwin have some kind of magnetic field around the gap that repels foreign objects?

so to reiterate, i simply stated a fact that a large gap has the potential to allow contaminants to enter the Darwin and "possibly" cause damage

who knows, maybe that is precisely the reason why many people are saying "im on my 2nd, 3rd, 4th etc Darwin"?

food for thought maybe?

unable to turn off the device "if" used with tanks - many users have tanks and use a short "gooseneck" and the Darwin will turn off with a tank installed
    im guessing you have not watched my review of the Gooseneck! lol

but again, all i did was point out the obvious facts that IF someone wanted to use a tank system (which many, many people do!) then it would not be possible to turn off the Darwin without removing it!

was i lying? did i use my Adobe After Effects skills to falsify the visible demonstration? the answer being NO! i very clearly demonstrated that it would not turn off when used with some tanks.......but i did also show that it WOULD turn off with other tanks! so does that show balance??

again, all i did was merely point out the truth.........it cant be turned off if used with some tank systems

You rated the "most important" features of the Darwin as "great", yet could not wait to box it up and send it back...That was your take on the Darwin.....My take is that it is the most advanced technology device to date, and since it is not "tube shaped", some do not like the shape, but cannot fault the electronics
    yes, that is very correct........i can honestly say that i simply did not enjoy using it at all. why is that so terrible? is it because you enjoy it so much that you think anyone else who disagrees with you must be wrong?

i honestly cant get my head around why people think that just because they like something it automatically means that everyone else must think the same. and if they dont like it then they are branded as a liar, a cheat, biased, corrupt etc etc etc.......it defies belief, it truly does!

im pleased that other people love their Darwin, i truly am! live and let live!!

but i personally simply did not enjoy using it........may God strike me down for daring to think that way!

sigh...........

ECF Veteran

Scott, you stated your opinion, I stated mine....it is that simple.....we have our own opinions....I respect your right to have your opinion, and hopefully you can respect mine....and we can agree to dissagree.....

ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

of course i respect your opinion mate, and i am genuinely pleased that you (and many, many others) are happy with your Darwin..........as long as you guys n gals are happy then my thoughts on it dont count for anything!

respect, peace and happy vaping to all

cheers

scott

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast