The Vmod XL 18650 Bottom Feeding Mod from Vapage.com - Page 151
Page 151 of 302 FirstFirst ... 51101141147148149150151152153154155161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 3018
Like Tree2092Likes

Thread: The Vmod XL 18650 Bottom Feeding Mod from Vapage.com

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by Audio Weasel View Post
    I wish I hadn't thrown mine away when I crunched the side of it. Has anyone tried asking vapage what size it is?

You threw something away? I used to do that --- but no more. Until I have a supply of "stuff" I would think would never need, I don't pitch anything gear related. I've used old carto covers, revived an atty or two, used the temporary caps of various atty's and clean and use sample bottles--for travel or sharing. I have no idea what I'll ever do with the soft carto caps, but if I get rid of them all there is sure to be a sudden demand!

I'm sure the 0 rings will become available through Vapage. I'm guessing it will be after this next batch of XL's and the Vmod version II is restocked---but just might be at the same time.

PV Masher Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Quote Originally Posted by jordan85 View Post
    <---------------------

about 10 nic comas, 5 face-splashes of juice, and 9 mouthfulls of juice later I think I am finally starting to get the hang of this thing though

It seems like when I have the balance right, I get almost a little humming/vibrating thing going on while I am pulling. Does anyone else experience this phenomenon, or am I still feeding too much juice
    remember that feeling; a lot of it is intuitive... you get a feel for it.
    imo it's better to underfeed than over; although you can blow through the d/t to get the juice back down to the bottle on the XL;(most have to take the atty off and blow the atty out) because overfeeding generally is a PIA: no vapor, juice in the mouth, takes a while to work the juice down with firing and vaping unsatisfactory vapes. Too little juice will get you a harsh vape, and you don't want to fire it while dry too many times as it wears out the coil and can cause premature death (to the atty).
    I suggest erring on the side of caution; try just the smallest of pressure when you tilt and squeeze; or just one squeeze... it's a pressure and how many squeezes of how much pressure kind of thing; take a vape and judge how much juice you think is in there..
    A good thing about 306 attys btw, is if you have a clear d/t you can see the wick etc and the juice too... maybe take the cone off and squeeze just to see if you can get a visual on it...
    eventually the good will outweigh the bad vapes.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

<---------------------

about 10 nic comas, 5 face-splashes of juice, and 9 mouthfulls of juice later I think I am finally starting to get the hang of this thing though

It seems like when I have the balance right, I get almost a little humming/vibrating thing going on while I am pulling. Does anyone else experience this phenomenon, or am I still feeding too much juice
    It sounds like your still over feeding it. Its a fine line between flooded and dry. Remember on a seasoned atty it only takes about 3 drops when driping to get 3-6 good hits. its the same with bottom feeding. I would suggest hitting it till you get the burn then lightly feed it adn take 3-6 drags. Wash,rinse and repeat.

If it taste burnt or you get that dry burn hit , its dry. If you get 10+ drags and there kinda thin your flooding it.
    You only want to get a few drops in there from when its dry. Then you should get tasty clouds of vapor.

Uke is als right about juice and ohms, they can also play a huge roll. If the ohms are too low for a certain juice it will always taste burnt unless its flooded. You may also consider a diffrent ohm atty for your juice.

On a side note: Attys rule!!!!!!!!!! I really dont like cartos much.

Senior Member ECF Veteran smilee's Avatar

I think that re-buy O-rings is not a problem, you should only earn vapage information about the exact size and material of which they are made (NBR, FPM, MVQ, EPDM) - take a look here:
    Oring.pl #

only color you can not choose

Super Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by ukeman View Post
    I've noticed some are using this without knowing how to drip very well... this is just a thought that i have lately regarding newbies who are thinking about getting an XL or for us who would recommend them to newbies.
    IMO long time carto vapers shouldn't have too much trouble, but newbies who haven't learned the physics of dripping; Resistance (Ohm) to Voltage of a coil to a batt, and more importantly how juice reacts, how much juice, vg/pg etc take heed: this is one of the easiest Bottom Feeders out there, but you can't get away from the learning curve.
    Not to discourage anyone, but there is a bit of voodoo; with bottom feeding it's like you have to be a little psychic when it comes to knowing how much juice is in the atty, not to mention how the atty or carto/voltage works with a particular juice.
    i say this so that folks don't get discouraged ... keep on vaping
    I agree that there's definitely a learning curve. Took me about a week to really get a hang of it and lost about 5ml of juice in the process.

The lower o-ring seals off the connection to keep the juice in the bottom. I wish someone who has one that popped out would match it up to a size from the hardware store. I've done that with other mods...
    I also posted some observations in my "Temporary O-Ring" replacement fix on page 144 that has some dimensions of the temp fix I did on mine.
    AlmightyGod likes this.

Senior Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

hey so I've been trying to use less juice, and I got a couple of rough gross tasting vapes, and now I can't get the taste to go away. Is it possible to burn out an atty so that it just doesn't taste good anymore. It is giving lots of vapor, but it is horrible tasting.

Btw,all of my juice is from backwoods brew, in case that could be the problem. He used to have the PG/VG mixture proportion listed on the site, but i can't seem to find it anymore

PV Masher Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

hey so I've been trying to use less juice, and I got a couple of rough gross tasting vapes, and now I can't get the taste to go away. Is it possible to burn out an atty so that it just doesn't taste good anymore. It is giving lots of vapor, but it is horrible tasting.

Btw,all of my juice is from backwoods brew, in case that could be the problem. He used to have the PG/VG mixture proportion listed on the site, but i can't seem to find it anymore
    are you using LR? 1.5 ? those will be harshest unless lots of juice. i'd try a 1.8, 1.9, 2.0 .
    You try cleaning, or blowing out, and what i would do now is keep vaping it and not exhaling until the old juice is gone.
    Some use unflavored nic juice or no-nic unflavored...
    i found that a straight menthol juice can be good for clearing out bad tastes... then just put new juice after and it's all good.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by tearose50 View Post
    You threw something away? I used to do that --- but no more. Until I have a supply of "stuff" I would think would never need, I don't pitch anything gear related. I've used old carto covers, revived an atty or two, used the temporary caps of various atty's and clean and use sample bottles--for travel or sharing. I have no idea what I'll ever do with the soft carto caps, but if I get rid of them all there is sure to be a sudden demand!

I'm sure the 0 rings will become available through Vapage. I'm guessing it will be after this next batch of XL's and the Vmod version II is restocked---but just might be at the same time.
    I don't usually throw things away. I have a rather large collection of carto rubbers, end caps etc. I crunched that o-ring to the point where it was unusable. If I had kept it, I could have taken it to the hardware store and said "Find me one just like this". Vapage said they should have them around the second week in Feb. They won't give out the size.

PV Master Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Oh no!

I agree with Uke -- except don't inhale -- you should exhale (I'm sure it was a typo) I do think the 1.5 ohms is tougher to learn with. If you got the kit you should have an atty with a gold band on it -- that's 2.2 ohms.

I believe most BWB is 80pg 20 vg. Maulty and Maulty toffee are much more VG and much thicker.
    ukeman likes this.

Senior Member ECF Veteran cracker75's Avatar

Hey y'all,

Is there any consensus on cleaning the unit itself? How often, and with what?

I'm getting some feeding problems, and it's really bumming me out