A different 510 Review - Page 3
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: A different 510 Review

Senior Member* ECF Veteran rickghouse's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HippyGirl View Post
    I've gotta go with flooding, bad atty, bad batt, or a combo of any of these.

When I've flooded the attys, the vapor production is similar to what I see in the vid. Same with a bad atty OR a weak batt.

Do they draw hard?

Don't give up...the 510 really IS a great PV (and so is the 801).

Where did you get your setup?
    The draw is easy on all my 3-piece rigs. I got my 510's from RMV.

I've flooded my atties before, cleaned them & caried on. Both my 510 batts act the same. My 801 & 901 act the same. No satisfaction, no relief, no flavor.

My quest continues!

ECF Moderator Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

You must have some bad parts or something. I just tried vaping along with you in your video with my 510. All I can say is that by hitting it as long as you did I almost fell out of my chair coughing.
    I can only come to 2 conclusions: either you have faulty equipment or you are purposely trying to make the 510 look bad. Now I don't really think that you are trying to make it look bad, but you are the only one on here that I have found that has this problem. Now clearly some people prefer other models, but even those would have to admit that that's not a normal performance of a 510.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by spaky277 View Post
    You must have some bad parts or something. I just tried vaping along with you in your video with my 510. All I can say is that by hitting it as long as you did I almost fell out of my chair coughing.
    I can only come to 2 conclusions: either you have faulty equipment or you are purposely trying to make the 510 look bad.
    Two more. Operator error or a troll. I'm not choosing any of the options. Just pointing out other options. The OP's vaping results are obviously different from the majority of 510 users. Myself included.

I did the same thing you did except I used a partially used battery that had been sitting around for a week. I don't use the stock batteries often. My results were similar to yours.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Ya I guess it still could be operator error if he didn't screw in the atty to make its connections. That's the only way I could push the button on the battery a puff on it and not have plenty or any vapor come out.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by spaky277 View Post
    Ya I guess it still could be operator error if he didn't screw in the atty to make its connections. That's the only way I could push the button on the battery a puff on it and not have plenty or any vapor come out.
    I doubt this is the problem as when he was taking short puffs, there was vapour, but not much at all. If the atty wasn't screwed in all the way, he'd get nothing.

ECF Veteran
    Supporting Member

Well if you notice before he goes and takes the short puffs he twists the atty. Also during the long puff he took a couple of short breaks and no vapor came out like on the short puffs.

I've just watched the vid and Rick's tongue is firmly planted in his cheek.

Well Done Rick, you made this Barnsley lad chuckle

Happy New Year and Merry Vaping.

Rusty

Moved On

Maybe vaping just isn't for Rick.

I think pipe smoking would be a good look for you. Tweed hat maybe? Matching sport coat?

Rock it, Rick. Rock it.

Super Member ECF Veteran

Bah! Sorry fella, but I really think all possible issues have been addressed between this thread and your original. Really, what more is there to say?

The way I see it, you have two choices...buy yourself a new Joye 510 or write the 510 off completely.

You said in another forum post that flavor is more important to you than throat hit.

In yet another post, you said that vapor production ranks low.

I believe you said in this thread that you're OK with an 808. If so, then the two statements quoted above would suggest that perhaps an 808 is the way to go for you.

That's pretty much it. Carry on in your quest.

Moving on...
    Last edited by HippyGirl; 12-31-2009 at 10:57 AM.

Senior Member* ECF Veteran rickghouse's Avatar

I've gotta go with flooding, bad atty, bad batt, or a combo of any of these.

When I've flooded the attys, the vapor production is similar to what I see in the vid. Same with a bad atty OR a weak batt.

Do they draw hard?
    No it's not a hard draw.

Don't give up...the 510 really IS a great PV (and so is the 801).

Where did you get your setup?
    RMV. Are they known to have inferior hardware?

Thanks,

Rick.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast