where have u vaped - Page 13
Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree185Likes

Thread: where have u vaped

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Was vaping at a local Restaurant/Tavern, and was getting some rather interesting looks from all around. There were two smokers sitting very near by (in the outside dining area, for shame) and I could tell they were watching me, but it was these three separate older gents sitting inside, looking at me through the open door. Just constant eye contact, heavily watching me with each time I put my eGo to my lips.

I eventually asked the bartender if it was OK, I know him pretty well and he is used to us showing up often, jokingly he threw out "If your too *** to smoke then no, **** off" then laughed and walked away. I kept puffing and he didn't say anything.

First experience using a PV in public, went well I suppose, explained it to an acquaintance who had been smoking a cig when we walked up, but he gave one of those apparently usual answers of "but why spend $60 to smoke tobacco?" Had to educate him a bit haha.

^check out my half-!%$ed blog^

Super Member ECF Veteran erictho's Avatar

yet another update: i am apparently allowed to use my pv when i'm also working the door or coat check inside my venue, using discretion. i only take a few puffs when no one aside from staff is nearby. for two reasons this is allowed: i do use discretion, a few vaping employees before me abused this. also, i don't require relief to take a smoke break, like many of my coworkers.
    i know i keep updating about vaping on the job, but it seems too good to be true! bosslady asked about the legislation (none), and asked about the contents of the vapor emitted. i told her it was a humectant and the lingering vapor was found to be 98% water. so ya. vaping on at one job for me!

I vape in my campus library all the time. However, when there are people nearby in the little cubicle-type spaces, I leave my spot to vape around the bookshelves so that no one hears my relatively loud atty.

Super Member* Verified Member
    ECF Veteran

Places I vape:
    - Sitting dead in the center of a full classroom while class is in session.
    - In the middle of restaurants*
    - In grocery stores
    - in my room
    - in my cars
    - Everywhere I go except near my parents.

If I am refused my ability to vape in their facility and I haven't committed to being there, I leave shortly after making a very calm and educated conversation with the manager. If I already commit to my purchase at a facility and am waiting on my order, a restaurant for example. I will usually stay and stop vaping or I will just ask for to-go boxes, pack it up and leave. No tip and I will never return there, instead going to their competition or a different chain of that place.
    mwplefty likes this.

Super Member ECF Veteran Forkeh's Avatar

I vape in the break room at work. No one cares. The only other place I've really vaped in public (besides outside, in my car, and in the bathrooms of several establishments) is The Home Depot. No one gave me a hard time. I figured it wouldn't be a problem, because the store is massive, with ridiculously high vaulted ceilings. I wasn't obnoxious about it either. I didn't try to hide it, but I wasn't billowing clouds of vapor either.

I've been fortunate enough to have not made enough waves at my job to have been told that I can't vape. One of the building's administrative assistants, a die-hard anti-smoking type, used to make the occasional comment about my reeking of smoke. When I got both my KR808 and my new eGo, I made sure to show her both of them. She's amazed and delighted that such a technology exists--and she doesn't even care that I vape at my desk. A few of my other coworkers know that I vape in my cube and no one else is the wiser. It's a nice place to be. I wouldn't consider vaping in the company cafeteria, though.

A local microbrewery in town allows, and encourages, me to vape openly. So far, no customer complaints (if some did, I would stop for a little while [or be more discrete] or take the time to explain the tech). But this establishment is very anti-authority, so I think they (and I) get to take a small delight in knowing that we're all giving the middle finger to the statewide smoking ban.

I dunno if I'd be willing to try vaping in, say, a movie theater, but I've done it in most of the places I frequent in my life and I've had no issue. Wish I would have known about all of this tech sooner.

Regards,
    V.
    Last edited by versaden; 04-22-2012 at 07:58 PM.

In the last 2 weeks I've vaped in 3 different airports, 6 different airplanes, a non-smoking hotel room and a rental car. The only people who said anything was the guy sitting next me on the plane, he was a smoker and wanted a couple hits. And the server at some random airport bar, he just wanted to try high voltage because his eGo wasn't cutting It anymore
    mwplefty likes this.

Ultra Member Verified Member
    ECF Veteran
    Blog Entries

I am an out if hours manager so 2 hours after getting into work it is cloudy in the office.

Have the occasional stealth when everyone is there but had a director walk in in me lol

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    Central Florida Vapers
    Van Maxi,HellFire Mega/Mini/Mini Mega,Touchwood,Nahual,Silver Dog,Satburn22,Brass/Steel/Legion/Pit Neme's,Sunbox E7,PAPS X, Rose.Nipple Tree Picasso.Nahualon.Sturm Mod and Pandora.Too much stuff lol

I vaped last night at a concert with no issue. Before entering, I got the standard pat-down (since it was a larger show) and the security guard asked me to remove my eGo carrying case. Once sure it wasn't a weapon (she didn't even ask me to open it), the guard finished the Terry pat and waved me inside.

There was a security guard in the aisle that gave me a couple of odd glances, so I made sure to semi-stealth vape when he wasn't looking; however, none of the other concert-goers raised a stink and I didn't go without my vapes.

All in all, a pleasant experience. I'm starting to think that so long as one doesn't act like they're guilty, or takes the time to explain the tech to the ignorant, this won't be all that tough to gain acceptance.

But we'll see. Ignorance is a hell of an opponent to combat...

V.

The Coliseum at the Alliant Energy Center while watching horsie stuff there. Switched to stealth vaping once our area started getting crowded though, more out of respect for the other people. I get some odd looks from employees at Pick N Save when I vape while grocery shopping but haven't been told no yet. I was vaping outside a bar one night(it was too hot in the bar) and they told me I could/to go vape inside.

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 391011121314151617 ... LastLast